04-30-15 04:21 PM
258 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Well, I wouldn't be here arguing with you all either lol. I'd be off fixing the issues as I like to think most developers would be if the roles were swapped.
    How exactly do you fix the issue when the whole app is illegal?
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    02-10-15 04:49 PM
    As a person.

Posted via CB10
    I can think of far worse things to do as a person... even with a pickle

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Swave514 likes this.
    02-10-15 04:49 PM
    How exactly do you fix the issue when the whole app is illegal?
    I meant his apps on the whole (Sorry, forgot which thread I was in). In the case of Snap10, I wouldn't be doing too much arguing about that either, not much left to be said about that really that hasn't been said already.
    masterscarhead1 likes this.
    02-10-15 04:55 PM
    This is also obviously due to the security threat article released recently too. SnapChat doesnt want to have their name come up in an article about security issues, especially when it isn't their app and some third party developer that made the app. This is why I'd rather use APK's that are slow and buggy than dumping money into projects like this where you don't know what the developer is doing with your data, and the company who owns the IP can shut it down at any time.

Nemory needs to try and work with these companies to see if he can be their contracted person for BB10 app development. Would be much better setup if he was developing with blessing than in the current grey area.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 04:58 PM
    And in today's episode of "First Get Your **** Together,"

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/02...-major-update/
    KermEd, diegonei and marcosis like this.
    02-10-15 05:07 PM
    That's completely different obviously. If you see someone being wronged you should do something lmao completely different, that's called real justice

Posted via CB10
    Explain how it's different. Are you somehow trying to say that Snapchat wasn't wronged? Or are you just willing to overlook this particular example because it benefits you? Careful now.

Penned via Tapatalk
    tvst28 likes this.
    02-10-15 05:22 PM
    Snapchat is causing such a mess about this. If their so concerned they should just port their damn app to BBW...
    Snapchat didn't cause anything. The developers who chose to reverse engineer their services caused it.

Penned via Tapatalk
    Monsterlad likes this.
    02-10-15 05:26 PM
    To all the people that say this app should be free how is he supposed to make a living as a developer if he has to give all his apps away for free.

Posted via CB10
    eduzojordan likes this.
    02-10-15 05:44 PM
    To all the people that say this app should be free how is he supposed to make a living as a developer if he has to give all his apps away for free.
    If he were developing an app to provide a service that he created himself, then your argument would be sound. But to reverse engineer somebody else's work to piggyback on their success is an entirely different matter.

Penned via Tapatalk
    02-10-15 05:53 PM
    Explain how it's different. Are you somehow trying to say that Snapchat wasn't wronged? Or are you just willing to overlook this particular example because it benefits you? Careful now.

Penned via Tapatalk
    Look I don't wanna argue about snitching here lol obviously from snapchats perspective, it's wrong. I wasn't referring to snapchat I was referring to the story about the woman's purse or whatever. And again yes, snapchat was wronged because they didn't want it to happen. Still doesn't change the fact that snitching is WRONG for the most part. Especially in this case where the email was sent to instagram. Common now....thats just plain scum.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz and eduzojordan like this.
    02-10-15 06:06 PM
    Look I don't wanna argue about snitching here lol obviously from snapchats perspective, it's wrong. I wasn't referring to snapchat I was referring to the story about the woman's purse or whatever. And again yes, snapchat was wronged because they didn't want it to happen. Still doesn't change the fact that snitching is WRONG for the most part. Especially in this case where the email was sent to instagram. Common now....thats just plain scum.

Posted via CB10
    My reply to the same question in some other thread:

Why has RedxD mailed Instagram I'm not entirely sure either. However I can imagine it was due to annoyance with Nemory's disregard for breaking ToS and not listening to angry users from Snap2Chat experience. Not to mention his attitude towards all who would point out the obvious flaw in his business module (including his dodgy apps).
    I personally fully support RedxD's actions with Instagram since communication with developer himself was quite a bitter experience. I also believe now users might avoid another SnapChat drama with different client.
    As to the question why not iGrann? Well, it's quite simple. His services are what they are supposed to be and professional approach he has taken might lead to official approval from Instagram (similar as to what happened on WindowsPhone - though I need to check it to be 100% sure).
    02-10-15 06:10 PM
    People do know other platforms instagram 3rd party apps also have some iap right? ... why wasn't those reported?

Posted via CB10
    Swave514 likes this.
    02-10-15 06:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're trying to argue that pointing out a wrong is just as bad as, or worse than, actually performing the wrong. That's so flawed on so many levels.

Penned via Tapatalk
    02-10-15 06:13 PM
    You're trying to argue that pointing out a wrong is just as bad as, or worse than, actually performing the wrong. That's so flawed on so many levels.

Penned via Tapatalk
    I could honestly never argue with people on these forums lol yall will find a loophole in everything I say lmao

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz, devin266 and blackguy07 like this.
    02-10-15 06:21 PM
    People do know other platforms instagram 3rd party apps also have some iap right? ... why wasn't those reported?

Posted via CB10
    Good question, I wouldn't be surprised if they were... Instagram has been slower than Snapchat at C+D's.

Maybe that should have been checked by BBRY during the app approval process (its in their ToS)... But they like to glaze over that rule sometimes though.

02-10-15 06:24 PM
    I could honestly never argue with people on these forums lol yall will find a loophole in everything I say lmao

Posted via CB10
    A loophole would be an avenue to circumvent rules or laws. So ask yourself, who exactly is trying to circumvent? And be honest in your assessment.

Penned via Tapatalk
    02-10-15 06:26 PM
    A loophole would be an avenue to circumvent rules or laws. So ask yourself, who exactly is trying to circumvent? And be honest in your assessment.

Penned via Tapatalk
    Did you just google the definition of loophole?

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    02-10-15 06:43 PM
    Did you just google the definition of loophole?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I graduated highschool, as well I've enjoyed the experience of higher learning at the University level. Thanks for asking though.

Penned via Tapatalk
    02-10-15 06:55 PM
    If you ask for a refund for this...that's pretty low. Even though it is taken down now he's spent countless hours working on it and reading your feedback to make it better for all of you and that is worth the few bucks you spent on it. You all knew it wasn't authorized but you still bought it...there is always some discretion on the consumer. I'm just saying that he did work hard on it for the past year or so....imagine working on something for that long...letting people use it for over a year...then having to give the money back.
    02-10-15 06:55 PM
    Nope. I graduated highschool, as well I've enjoyed the experience of higher learning at the University level. Thanks for asking though.

Penned via Tapatalk
    Doesn't that kind of prove his point though?

Swave514 likes this.
    02-10-15 06:56 PM
    If you ask for a refund for this...that's pretty low. Even though it is taken down now he's spent countless hours working on it and reading your feedback to make it better for all of you and that is worth the few bucks you spent on it. You all knew it wasn't authorized but you still bought it...there is always some discretion on the consumer. I'm just saying that he did work hard on it for the past year or so....imagine working on something for that long...letting people use it for over a year...then having to give the money back.
    I've heard that but... that's also kind of his risk. Not saying I agree or disagree with getting a refund. But if you build an app dependent on someone else's services - regardless of how much time you sink in - your fate becomes tied to that connection.

Just because he chose to spend the time building an app that was high risk of getting pulled, doesn't equate to deserving to be paid for it anymore than a person should be paid for the hours they spend on a hobby or sleeping. Imho he doesn't deserve the cash for the services anymore than someone deserves to lose cash to an app they can't use. It's all kind of equal in my opinion.

As a developer, if I made an app and it got pulled for a violation I decided to make - I'm sorry but darn right I'd refund my users. I'd actually be asking bbry how to refund them en mass. But that's just my opinion and what I'd do. In fact that's why a bunch of my apps had to be rewritten from AIR to cascades (I even hired a bunch of awesome developers out of pocket to make it happen faster), I didn't want to refund my whole user base and ethically I felt it would have been the right thing for me to do... but that was also my choice. I love the people who invested in my apps and felt they deserved a functioning app if they paid for it.

02-10-15 07:01 PM
    I wouldn't blame the users for it. Indeed they were/should be aware of that but so was the developer. Both had to be prepared for this scenario. Although my opinion still stays with the fact that he should not have even made that app in the first place.

Posted with Q5 Pigeons
    02-10-15 07:02 PM
    Doesn't that kind of prove his point though?
    Gotta say... How exactly does my statement prove his point? He was arguing with sympathy for people stealing proprietary content, and that anybody who speaks against it would be in the wrong (snitching) for protecting that proprietary content. I pointed out the flaw in which distributing the content through piracy or theft of such, would be in the wrong. So, how exactly how did I prove his point?
    02-10-15 07:28 PM
    Gotta say... How exactly does my statement prove his point? He was arguing in sympathy for people stealing proprietary content, and that anybody who speaks against it would be in the wrong for protecting that proprietary content. I pointed out the flaw in protecting the piracy or theft of proprietary content. So, exactly how did I prove his point?
    He said if he argues with people on a forum they will find a loophole to argue back. And then you found a loophole to the statement. It wasn't bad! Just a bit funny - in my opinion I haven't slept much in a few days

diegonei likes this.
    02-10-15 07:29 PM
    Anyone with the official snapchat android app on BB10 have their account blocked yet? I'm about to get a passport and I want to make sure I don't get deleted hehe
    Never gotten a warning.
    Who cares anyway, it's snapchat lol
    02-10-15 07:35 PM
258 ... 34567 ...