12-22-14 08:36 AM
205 ... 6789
tools
    You can get notifications if the app is running, but you cannot get immediate background push notifications (of the type you need for a chat application) unless the app is running in an active frame.

If you want immediate notifications (like BBM, Whatsapp, etc..), you need to use BlackBerry's native push service, and to use BlackBerry's native push service you need to modify the APK.

SnapChat isn't as fun if you get your messages days late.

Some popular examples of Snap apps that have push notifications on Android, but none on BB10 (when the app is closed) include Instagram, FB Messenger, and Kik.

For example, if you don't open Instagram, you can get 1,000,000 likes on a picture and not get a single notification, EVEN if you have all "push" settings turned on in Instagram.

Attachment 293626
    I understand thanks I understand now

Posted with my awesome Z10
    mnc76 likes this.
    08-26-14 03:46 AM
    So i just got the notification that snap2chat lite is also being taken down BUT will be available in the beta zone which he gives instructions on installing but i'm reading in here you need an account so can anyone get in the betazone or is it meant for a select group of people? I just started using snap2chat so I'm not really that hell bent on using it...just curious though.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 07:20 PM
    So i just got the notification that snap2chat lite is also being taken down BUT will be available in the beta zone which he gives instructions on installing but i'm reading in here you need an account so can anyone get in the betazone or is it meant for a select group of people? I just started using snap2chat so I'm not really that hell bent on using it...just curious though.

Posted via CB10
    Anyone can get into the beta zone if you just download the beta zone app... BUT apparently some geographic regions do not have access to the beta zone app in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    omega supreme likes this.
    08-27-14 10:07 PM
    This app has so much potential. Can't Nem just take out the features Snapchat doesn't want there and still release the app to the public for free?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 12:58 PM
    So, if you want write up your complaint to the Snapchat team. I'm sure you can get 6snap pulled if you band together.
    And then what? It will just end up causing a clone of this thread on the Windows Mobile section...

And we won't be any closer to seeing an endorsed native Snapchat app.

Channel: C0007CC89 | CB10 signed.
    The most important point being AN ENDORSED NATIVE SNAPCHAT APP!
    08-29-14 07:51 PM
    Snap2chat didn't even work that we'll anyway to be honest. It was still ok though. Anyone know if Nemory is going to update it at all anymore? It needs a lil more work, because it's bad in some areas. I really hope for updates, but I don't think there will be.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 09:10 AM
    I got yet another notification stating snapchat also had it pulled from the betazone, yet my lite version still works. He does provide a link to download via other methods though. I thought the version i already have would stop working but it hasn't...yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 01:47 PM
    I got yet another notification stating snapchat also had it pulled from the betazone, yet my lite version still works. He does provide a link to download via other methods though. I thought the version i already have would stop working but it hasn't...yet.

Posted via CB10
    When you delete the app or something equivalent, you won't be able to install it again...
    08-31-14 03:18 PM
    When you delete the app or something equivalent, you won't be able to install it again...
    Nope. You can install the bar file and it works.
    08-31-14 03:38 PM
    Nope. You can install the bar file and it works.
    I think he meant from the app store because it's gone.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 07:34 PM
    I just tried to install the bar (sideload)he provided . It brought me to the "apology screen" which redirects to his page that has a link.
    Very odd. Did he pull even this version?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 07:51 AM
    I accidently. Uninstalled Snap2chat pro from the beta zone and I went back the next day it was pulled. ****. I hate the lite version with a great passion.
    09-01-14 11:18 AM
    I accidently. Uninstalled Snap2chat pro from the beta zone and I went back the next day it was pulled. ****. I hate the lite version with a great passion.
    Search for the bar file it's on the forum (I think this post)

09-01-14 04:08 PM
    Search for the bar file it's on the forum (I think this post)

http://nemorystudios.blogspot.fr/201...2chat.html?m=1

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 04:09 PM
    Snapchat apk works perfectly on 10.3, just no notifications, but there's no space bar issue, chat work, video works, focus works
    Only problem is the Google service pop up but that goes away and can be patched

Posted via CB10
    MrDoreth likes this.
    09-07-14 02:20 PM
    Too bad
    09-14-14 03:53 PM
    I've never understood the motivation for including the Android runtime. It seems to me that it provides applications just functional enough to be extremely frustrating to blackberry users. It's clearly not a selling point. Anyone that wants access to applications is going to buy iOS or an Android phone.
    09-14-14 06:54 PM
    I've never understood the motivation for including the Android runtime. It seems to me that it provides applications just functional enough to be extremely frustrating to blackberry users. It's clearly not a selling point. Anyone that wants access to applications is going to buy iOS or an Android phone.
    The Android Runtime will continually improve, BlackBerry do not have the resources for a complete environment and the ability to run Android applications from an increasingly more desirable app store may be invaluable.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 07:09 PM
    Im in this boat. The android apps I use work enough so I can use them, but the experience is not anywhere near where it should be. Im thinking about moving to iOS and iphone 6 plus when it is available here.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    09-15-14 10:08 AM
    So today i tried to send a snapchat with the lite version and it stays stuck uploading...i can receive snaps but not send so i gather the servers are permanently down or something for this app... what's the status on the pro version? does it still work? Where can i get the apk for it? I didn't go through each page in here and what i saw only made reference to the beta zone which it also got removed from....

I tried the support link but that takes you to the official snapchat site which doesn't recognize my username. And they won't likely help me seeing as how i'm using an unsupported 3rd party app.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:58 AM
    I don't get why it had to be pulled completely. Is there not a third party snapchat application in the wp8 store? It's been there longer and it's still up.

Naming the app "snap 2 chat " was probably not the best choice but it we could have been renamed.

Makes me suspicious, seems like he pulled it completely so he doesn't have to support it anymore. But maybe I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10

edit: App I was referring to: link
    Last edited by schmeat; 09-30-14 at 11:53 AM.
    09-30-14 06:55 AM
    I don't get why it had to be pulled completely. Is there not a third party snapchat application in the wp8 store? It's been there longer and it'd still up.

Naming the app "snap 2 chat " was probably not the best choice but it we could have been renamed.

Makes me suspicious, seems like he pulled it completely so he doesn't have to support it anymore. But maybe I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, you're wrong.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:37 AM
    Yeah, you're wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Great counter argument.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 11:47 AM
    Great counter argument.

Posted via CB10
    He meant you're wrong because the developer already said he was being forced to take it down, even from the beta.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 09:06 PM
    He meant you're wrong because the developer already said he was being forced to take it down, even from the beta.

Posted via CB10
    So why not change the name to not include Snap Chat and change the logo from the ghost? Seems like there's a reason one is up and the other is not ...
    09-30-14 10:17 PM
205 ... 6789