12-22-14 08:36 AM
205 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Snapchat is a real scumbag developer. Pulls app made only because they haven't made one.......real a-holes they are. they'll never see my business regardless of what platform I use.

Slow clap to SnapChat for being lazy, greedy urchins.....well done guys...well done.

Posted via CB10
    Someone is making money off their name. They aren't being scumbags, they are protecting their IP. They aren't too lazy to make an app for BB10, the BB10 market is not big enough for them to WANT to make a native app.

I wish the developer continued success with the rebranded app.
    08-18-14 12:38 PM
    Hi there,

We are very sorry that you can?t download Snap2Chat Pro in BBWorld at the moment because SnapChat pulled it the store recently but we?re trying our best to put it back and don?t worry because you will always can get and NO NEED TO PAY AGAIN.

The name will be renamed to SnapShot and will be completely free with the pro features. No ads, notifications, filters, and a lot more. It will replace the Snap2Chat Lite

Thank you for choosing Snap2Chat/SnapShot.

Posted via CB10
    Bro, you are one fine individual! I paid for Snap2Chat pro, and to support you, I'd pay again for SnapShot. I can't thank you enough for all of the hard work and dedication to providing a native experience for apps that otherwise BlackBerry users wouldn't have.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 01:43 PM
    Loling at the people saying SnapChat are greedy and evil. Nem made Snap2chat and charged money. He's making money off their respective IP. I saw this coming from the start he charged people to use an otherwise free app on official platforms.
    08-18-14 11:36 PM
    Interesting to see how some people think. This thread is informative.
    08-19-14 01:00 AM
    No. There isn't a paid version of 6snap.
    Sure no paid version, but in app "upgrades" are Rudy's thing. Are you saying in his WP8 SC app there aren't in app purchases? He has them in his other apps like 6tag...
    Clanked likes this.
    08-19-14 05:03 AM
    Sure no paid version, but in app "upgrades" are Rudy's thing. Are you saying in his WP8 SC app there aren't in app purchases? He has them in his other apps like 6tag...
    EXACTLY

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 04:18 PM
    If this can be confirmed, 6snap should also be removed. All they're doing is exploiting a loophole.

Of course, Snapchat can do whatever it wants. But it would make them look hypocritical in a lot of people's eyes. Certainly mine.
    Dave Bourque and mnc76 like this.
    08-19-14 04:21 PM
    If this can be confirmed, 6snap should also be removed. All they're doing is exploiting a loophole.

Of course, Snapchat can do whatever it wants. But it would make them look hypocritical in a lot of people's eyes. Certainly mine.
    Also, from what we can tell, it appears that they only asked Nemory to take down the paid version and not the free (Lite) version of Snap2Chat -- even though the free version used all the same logos and trademarks as the paid version.

If this is true, then it makes the argument that "they had to ask him to take it down to protect their trademarks" not make sense.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 07:21 PM
    Aha!

6snap updated with option to automatically download all snaps and much more | Windows Phone Central

You can get 6snap for free from the Windows Phone Store. It’s ad-supported, but you can remove them for $1.29 with an in-app purchase.
    So if Snapchat has a problem with devs making money off of their APIs/IP, this guy should be shut down too, right?
    08-19-14 07:47 PM
    Aha!

6snap updated with option to automatically download all snaps and much more | Windows Phone Central

So if Snapchat has a problem with devs making money off of their APIs/IP, this guy should be shut down too, right?
    It's a question of Snapchat's views. Realistically, he isn't charging people to use the API / App - he's charging to remove the Ads.

That's not the same case with Snap2Chat , so it's difficult.

But I get how it seems. Nobody should be charging any money whatsoever. Despite the effort, the app is meant to be free, and that's what I think really matters to Snapchat

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 08:23 PM
    But I get how it seems. Nobody should be charging any money whatsoever. Despite the effort, the app is meant to be free, and that's what I think really matters to Snapchat
    Right. Either through ad revenue, or in-app unlocks, this guy is making money. I wonder if the Snap2chat dev thought about going in-app, or is planning to do so with the app in the Beta Zone (I'm not a Snapchat user, so I don't know.)
    08-19-14 08:26 PM
    Aha!

Yea, I just added the app to my Lumia 920 and the second screen I saw (after making an account YUK!) was the $1.29 screen. Profiting off of the API access is confirmed.

Also, on 6Tag (Rudy's Instagram app) there was an upgrade for add removal and another for enhanced upload capabilities. It wouldn't surprise me if the ad removal in 6Snap is just the first fee.
    raino likes this.
    08-19-14 09:22 PM
    Looks like the free snap2chat has been pulled as well.

So taking a score:
    Pro app gone
    Lite app gone
    In app purchase 6snap on windows still allowed to be available on their app store...

No no no but snapchat is a good guy developer tho.....

Smh.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 07:35 AM
    So, if you want write up your complaint to the Snapchat team. I'm sure you can get 6snap pulled if you band together.
    And then what? It will just end up causing a clone of this thread on the Windows Mobile section...

And we won't be any closer to seeing an endorsed native Snapchat app.

Channel: C0007CC89 | CB10 signed.
    08-20-14 08:36 AM
    Looks like the free snap2chat has been pulled as well.
    By whom though? Could it have been by the Snap2chat dev, who's working on something in the beta zone?
    08-20-14 09:11 AM
    ... Edited because Nem0ry stated to be interested in trying to contact Snapchat again for permission.

Attached Thumbnails Snap2Chat Pro taken out of BlackBerry World-img_20140820_165843_edit.png   Snap2Chat Pro taken out of BlackBerry World-img_20140820_170508_edit.png   Snap2Chat Pro taken out of BlackBerry World-img_20140820_170518_edit.png  
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 08-20-14 at 04:14 PM.
    08-20-14 10:08 AM
    I don't use snap chat but they f****** blow with this latest info.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 10:56 AM
    I hope he at least updates the snapchat pro in beta zone!
    I just bought his Timber app, which is also in the air if he can continue to update it

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 05:40 PM
    Hopefully he doesn't get attacked by everyone who already purchased the paid app once he takes it down permanently..

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 05:42 PM
    I don't use Snap2chat or Snapshot or Snapchat and my life isn't suffering. However, I did use SayIt before going headless messed it up. Now SayIt is also gone from BlackBerry World. Seems like everyone's apps are disappearing.

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    08-20-14 06:10 PM
    So now with all the snapchat apps free or not basically shut down by snapchat. Also 6snap still left to run on windows.

I was harassed by the zombie bird developer (a suuuuuper blatant rip-off of flappy birds hypocrite much?) about my personal feelings towards snapchat and their clearly bias actions.

I would love to hear his specific explanation of this situation we're in.
    Snapchat targets BlackBerry 10 developer on both free and paid app, but 6snap which is in app purchase stays untouched. What is your view of Snapchat now? I would like to hear how you'll pivot this one...will you again make it as if im only talking about the pro version?...or make it about my forum language?....how you gonna spin this one bud.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 10:28 PM
    So now with all the snapchat apps free or not basically shut down by snapchat. Also 6snap still left to run on windows.

I was harassed by the zombie bird developer (a suuuuuper blatant rip-off of flappy birds hypocrite much?) about my personal feelings towards snapchat and their clearly bias actions.

Posted via CB10
    You smacked him down well! Way to utterly destroy that pathetic mole who calls himself a developer. Anyone who's a developer should be sympathetic to Nemory and recognize that building apps is hard work.

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    08-21-14 01:00 AM
    Snapchat has pretty clear and straightforward conditions. They basically say: "Developers are not allowed to reverse engineer access to the Snapchat service/they are not allowed to offer options that are not available in the official app/they are not allowed to charge for any of the services/they are not allowed to use trademarked UI; unless they have prior consent from Snapchat personally."
    ... What is your view of Snapchat now?..
    So maybe this 6snap fellow went through the proper channels, and got permission for his app first? Heck his in app purchases may even fall outside of the scope, if he does not charge directly for Snapchat options but instead for removing adds or unlocking a W8 specific feature...
    It still looks bad, what Nem needs to do is find out if and how 6snap got to where it is and see if he can follow the same path.

08-21-14 03:33 AM
    Anyone who's a developer should be sympathetic to Nemory and recognize that building apps is hard work.
    He took a risk by using reverse engineered APIs and breaking Snapchat's TOS. Building apps is only a small portion of the work. Snapchat has built much more than an app, they've got an entire social network. Just like I'd harbor no ill will if he did make it big with this, he also gets no sympathy from me for trying to cash in on someone else's product and getting caught.
    08-21-14 08:09 AM
    You guys ragging on SnapChat for taking Snap2Chat down are too funny. Greedy scumbags for removing it? Too funny.
    Likely the same were cheering BB for suing the makers of Typo for copyright infringement.

It's only bad when it happens to BB, you know.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-21-14 03:30 PM
205 ... 45678 ...