12-22-14 08:36 AM
205 ... 34567 ...
tools
    How do you explain this then? Snap2Chat Lite - BlackBerry World

And 6snap, as far as I can tell, is free as well, with no in-app purchasing: Download 6snap - Microsoft Store

Is there a pro version of 6snap, or some other paid version of Snapchat on the Windows app store?

No. There isn't a paid version of 6snap.
    08-17-14 02:24 PM
    I dont think you understand that im not upset about them protecting their ipr, but rather the selective way they did......either you get it and are using a pivot argument technique or you're willfully trolling me.
    What's to even be upset about? In your mind, they are "pieces of garbage" for trying to protect their legal rights as a company. Uhm, alright...

Furthermore, again, you're clearly just upset that they don't support BlackBerry 10 as of yet.

Nobody is trolling you - we're just trying to communicate that getting 'upset', and calling them names over it is pathetic.

I assume 6snap(or whatever windows unofficial one is) is still up correct? free or not my understanding is Nemory had to pull both, and will no longer make any snapchat app.
    I can tell you haven't been reading anyones comments, but simply replying with childish retorts.

6Snap is still up, because they didn't charge money to use the application. Nemory had to pull ONLY the paid version, as we've said before. In addition, Oliver even jumped in to say that he's working on a full featured version, and it will be available in the Beta Zone as of now. I even said this too, as did others, but you clearly have 'selective reading' habits.

So its not about IP, its selective "inclusion exclusion" based on whatever they want......which of course they can do, but it also means they're being massive d-bags. it is what it is.
    You continue to show an absolute lack of understanding for factual basis. You also seem to rather be interested in childish name calling, than sticking to an actual conversation based in fact rather than opinions.

It's not "selective exclusion" - it's business. If a platform isn't big enough, you don't waste money, and effort on a developing team, until the platform is demanding enough. If you honestly believe they're excluding BlackBerry for 'personal reasons' or some kind of 'jab' - then you're more delusional then I thought.

In addition, Snapchat knows that BlackBerry 10 supports .apk applications - and I bet you never thought that was a reason for them to be less interested in creating a Native alternative as it is.

Spare me the grade school break down of basic law, I know that basic knowledge, but you're missing my point im trying to make.
    Spare you? You obviously haven't a clue - otherwise you wouldn't be calling them names as if you were in grade school.

Suggestion: Grow up.

I'm not missing your point. I've said that before.

Your point is, and I quote:
    SnapChat developers are pieces of garbage and you shouldn't support them no matter what platform you use
    Pulls app made only because they haven't made one.......real a-holes they are. they'll never see my business regardless of what platform I use.
    Do you not read what you say? You haven't brought forth one valid reason as to why anyone should agree with you - other than some inane opinion that you're upset.

I don't even know why I bother at this point. I might as well try and convince a brick wall of the scenario above.

I hate to sound rude, but my gosh son, it's not that difficult.

But I'll admit to leave it at that.

I don't see reason to justify further argumentative comments, wasting my time, and forums space.
    blackmoe, mornhavon, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    08-17-14 03:14 PM
    What's to even be upset about? In your mind, they are "pieces of garbage" for trying to protect their legal rights as a company. Uhm, alright...

Furthermore, again, you're clearly just upset that they don't support BlackBerry 10 as of yet.

Nobody is trolling you - we're just trying to communicate that getting 'upset', and calling them names over it is pathetic.

I can tell you haven't been reading anyones comments, but simply replying with childish retorts.

6Snap is still up, because they didn't charge money to use the application. Nemory had to pull ONLY the paid version, as we've said before. In addition, Oliver even jumped in to say that he's working on a full featured version, and it will be available in the Beta Zone as of now. I even said this too, as did others, but you clearly have 'selective reading' habits.

You continue to show an absolute lack of understanding for factual basis. You also seem to rather be interested in childish name calling, than sticking to an actual conversation based in fact rather than opinions.

It's not "selective exclusion" - it's business. If a platform isn't big enough, you don't waste money, and effort on a developing team, until the platform is demanding enough. If you honestly believe they're excluding BlackBerry for 'personal reasons' or some kind of 'jab' - then you're more delusional then I thought.

In addition, Snapchat knows that BlackBerry 10 supports .apk applications - and I bet you never thought that was a reason for them to be less interested in creating a Native alternative as it is.

Spare you? You obviously haven't a clue - otherwise you wouldn't be calling them names as if you were in grade school.

Suggestion: Grow up.

I'm not missing your point. I've said that before.

Your point is, and I quote:

Do you not read what you say? You haven't brought forth one valid reason as to why anyone should agree with you - other than some inane opinion that you're upset.

I don't even know why I bother at this point. I might as well try and convince a brick wall of the scenario above.

I hate to sound rude, but my gosh son, it's not that difficult.

But I'll admit to leave it at that.

I don't see reason to justify further argumentative comments, wasting my time, and forums space.
    Pivot pivot pivot.

We're done here. Mr. Strawman

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 03:38 PM
    You guys ragging on SnapChat for taking Snap2Chat down are too funny. Greedy scumbags for removing it? Too funny.
    08-17-14 04:00 PM
    Pivot pivot pivot.

We're done here. Mr. Strawman

Posted via CB10
    You got taken down. BOOOM!
    That said, I still agree with you.

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    08-17-14 05:27 PM
    What snapchat should do is work out a licensing deal w him.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 05:44 PM
    What snapchat should do is work out a licensing deal w him.

Posted via CB10
    Can be released as a free app with donate button

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    08-17-14 07:36 PM
    Can be released as a free app with donate button
    "Donation" is still him making money off of it. Wouldn't work.
    08-17-14 08:44 PM
    And few probably will donate

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 08:44 PM
    Messenger for Facebook - Nemory

If he didn't bother to ask Snapchat, you can almost bet he didn't contact Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    I think facebook's got a public API, however Spotify would probably have something to say about Nemory's Spotify client(and since you got big record labels in here this would be a lot more serious I guess).
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-17-14 08:45 PM
    So now we are telling million dollar companies how to operate their business?

In this situation, people must put their feelings about popular apps not supporting BlackBerry to the side and look at things from a business perspective. Complaining about a company simply doing business is ridiculous. It's just envy really.

Posted via CB10
    Not at all. I don't have snap chat, don't even understand the point if it. All I'm saying is that if they are claiming that thus app is causing them lost profit then they are admitting that there is profit to be made on bb10... any company that does not go after a profitable market is dumb.

That means they cannot claim profit loss and them turn around and say bb10 is not worth developing for. So if slashing S2C means a native app, maybe that is worth it

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 10:44 PM
    Not at all. I don't have snap chat, don't even understand the point if it. All I'm saying is that if they are claiming that thus app is causing them lost profit then they are admitting that there is profit to be made on bb10... any company that does not go after a profitable market is dumb.

That means they cannot claim profit loss and them turn around and say bb10 is not worth developing for. So if slashing S2C means a native app, maybe that is worth it

Posted via CB10
    They never claimed it was "causing lost profits"

I don't know where you got that from.

The entire issue is using the brand without legal permission, violating state and federal law in the process.

Charging for an application that was designed to be free is a no-no.

They could care less about the small amount made off the Snap2Chat app - it's the blatant misuse of their brand, logo, name, and API.

If I may make a suggestion, you should read from the first page of this forum on. It'll bring you up to speed!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 11:33 PM
    They never claimed it was "causing lost profits"

I don't know where you got that from.

The entire issue is using the brand without legal permission, violating state and federal law in the process. Charging for an application that was designed to be free is a no-no. They could care less about the small amount made off the Snap2Chat app - it's the blatant misuse of their brand, logo, name, and API.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I have no idea how so many people on here makes it seem like such difficult concept to understand.

But I guess that happens when you make your feelings get involved....

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 11:40 PM
    He needs to convert the lite version to the full version and leave it free.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Wouldn't it be easier just to make the pro version free?

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    08-17-14 11:49 PM
    Too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Wouldn't it be easier just to make the pro version free?

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    That's what I just said...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-18-14 03:05 AM
    That's what I just said...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    No you didn't.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 04:04 AM
    If you can prove this, and indeed there isn't any non-publicized effort by SnapChat to police their trademark rights directed at the other third-parties that you mentioned ((a) sending demand letters, (b) proceeding with opposition and cancellation proceedings with administrative entities, (c) proceeding with litigation in the courts, and/or (d) entering into licensing and/or other agreements with third parties), then you should initiate loss of trademark right proceedings against them on the grounds of failure to police.

Good luck with that.

I don't get this...

Why don't they have to protect their trademark on the free version?

Is there something in the law that says you only have to protect your trademark on paid-products, but if someone uses your trademarks and gives that product away for free, then you aren't obligated to protect them anymore?

If it turns out that -- YES -- they ALSO need to protect their trademark on free products, then the whole argument that "SnapChat is doing this to protect their IP" doesn't make sense anymore (otherwise they would have wanted to take down Snap2Chat Lite as well since it uses all the same graphics as the paid version).

Maybe someone (with more legal knowledge than me) can fill us in on this "free versus paid" aspect of trademark protection.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 08-18-14 at 04:29 AM.
    08-18-14 04:09 AM
    Beta zone people, beta zone.

Posted via zedten
    08-18-14 04:44 AM
    The pro versus free debate here is moot.

Nem0ry has already said on multiple occasions he has to/is taking down the Lite version as well. So whatever he decides to do next, at least it will have to be after he gets some sort of official approval.
    Not just by taking a 'free, no adds' approach.

Channel: C0007CC89 | CB10 signed.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 08-18-14 at 07:54 AM.
    08-18-14 04:56 AM
    The pro versus free debate here is moot.

Nem0ry has already said on multiple occasions he has to/is taking down the Lite version as well. So whatever he decides to do after, at least it will have to be after he gets some sort of official approval.
    Not just by taking a 'free, no adds' approach.

OK. I hadn't heard that SnapChat made an official request for the removal of Snap2Chat Lite.

I had only heard that SnapChat requested the paid version be removed. I had assumed that this was the reason why BlackBerry only pulled the paid version but left the Lite version available for download in BlackBerry World.

If SnapChat had officially requested that both versions be removed, I would have assumed that they would have both been pulled at the same time.
    08-18-14 06:14 AM
    I based my statement on Nem's Channel post about this, which seems pretty clear:
    Snap2Chat Pro taken out of BlackBerry World-img_20140818_133413.png

08-18-14 06:35 AM
    Can't acces the bta zone. I'm from Belgium. Anybody an other idea?

Posted via CB10
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    08-18-14 06:37 AM
    I based my statement on Nem's Channel post about this, which seems pretty clear:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140818_133413.png 
Views:	1394 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	291495

I don't interpret that to mean SnapChat requested he drop the Lite version.

He specifically states that SnapChat didn't want the Pro version in the store. He never says they didn't want the Lite version in the store.

As far as I understand, he dropped the Lite version because he decided to make the Pro version free (making the Lite version unnecessary).

We'd have to ask Nemory directly to know for sure of course, but if we take the message you posted at face value, then we can't assume it means SnapChat asked for both versions to be taken down, since he never actually says that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 08-18-14 at 07:10 AM.
    raino likes this.
    08-18-14 06:54 AM
    "I'm sorry to all for Snap2Chat Pro being gone..."
    +
    "... I'll be shutting down the Lite version next month too..."
    I do not know how you interpret that as anything other than: both versions of S2C will be completely removed from BBWorld.
    Of course I did not mean he was forced to, just that he personally decided to drop the Lite version as well.

08-18-14 07:54 AM
    "I'm sorry to all for Snap2Chat Pro being gone..."
    +
    "... I'll be shutting down the Lite version next month too..."
    I do not know how you interpret that as anything other than: both versions of S2C will be completely removed from BBWorld.
    Of course I did not mean he was forced to, just that he personally decided to drop the Lite version as well.

As Nem0ry said previously there will be a new app replacing the Lite version including the features of the Pro version. Snap10 seems to be the start of that change.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 10:44 AM
205 ... 34567 ...