12-22-14 08:36 AM
205 ... 23456 ...
tools
    He probably spent majority of the money to move out to America

Posted via CB10
    He's building a platform of native apps for us. A Lot of users sound so grateful.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-17-14 02:20 AM
    Moral of the story is SnapChat developers are pieces of garbage and you shouldn't support them no matter what platform you use.

Posted via CB10
    Again, misdirected anger because they don't support your platform. If it weren't for that, you'd have no reason to call them names.

The moral of the story is don't infringe, and follow the law. I don't know why you think otherwise is acceptable, and in turn deserves childish name calling towards a company who's done nothing wrong in reality.

How about instead of whining, you do something about it?

Start a petition - wait for BlackBerry 10 to become larger - ask to allow development of a native BlackBerry 10 version with their agreement - use the Snapchat .apk.

You have plenty of options, but complaining with no real reason isn't getting you anything but poor looks.

If you can give one valid reason explaining your poor choice of words towards Snapchat, aside from your anger about them not spending time, and money to develop a BlackBerry application, we'll listen.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 08-17-14 at 02:46 AM.
    08-17-14 02:34 AM
    Yah, I know you're right. But I just won't take the side of the company that intentionally excludes BB10, then getting mad that someone else have jumped in to fill the void... But he definitely should have asked first. Wonder what their answer would have been?
    The reasons are fairly valid - if there's not enough demand, don't waste money developing.

BlackBerry 10 isn't big enough in their eyes; just yet - but it's nothing personal against BlackBerry - it's business.

It's not about the void that was filled, it's the illegal use of their property, and then monetary gains for the illegal use. Which is fair to be upset about. Given that the lite version is still available, it's clear what the reasons were - purely to protect what they've established and own. Snapchat was designed to be free - and they need to maintain that.

I agree - he should have asked first. That's #1.

Given the situation - it could be an opportunity to let Snapchat know there is some demand - even if somewhat small to them.

Another opportunity to ask, and potentially get the answer some desperately want.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 02:44 AM
    Only time will tell. Does anyone think this could lead to other big name app creators looking in the BlackBerry World for trademark(or any sort of) infringement?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 02:53 AM
    Only time will tell. Does anyone think this could lead to other big name app creators looking in the BlackBerry World for trademark(or any sort of) infringement?

Posted via CB10
    Messenger for Facebook - Nemory

If he didn't bother to ask Snapchat, you can almost bet he didn't contact Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    mornhavon likes this.
    08-17-14 02:54 AM
    I don't use snapchat and never had any interest in it. But that seedy move definitely makes me hate that company. I'm glad I never got it now.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    08-17-14 02:55 AM
    I don't use snapchat and never had any interest in it. But that seedy move definitely makes me hate that company. I'm glad I never got it now.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    Yeah, hate them for protecting their IPR. BOO!! ;-)

Posted from an ME173X
    mornhavon and JeepBB like this.
    08-17-14 03:12 AM
    Messenger for Facebook - Nemory

If he didn't bother to ask Snapchat, you can almost bet he didn't contact Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully the outcome is not the same. For his sake at least.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 03:22 AM
    Are you that hard up for 2 bucks?
    No but it's the principal of the matter

Posted with my Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    08-17-14 04:38 AM
    I bet some troll over here reported this to snapchat. That's why they removed it.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    08-17-14 05:08 AM
    Good news, everyone who paid for it will be refunded as the money was fraudulently gained through copyright infringement.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 05:27 AM
    Good news, everyone who paid for it will be refunded as the money was fraudulently gained through copyright infringement.

Posted via CB10
    Source?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 07:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'll donate them again to nemory.
    Though I was against the "Pay for something already free" concept but he did add more stuff that snapchat did not bother adding therefore he has the rights to profit from them.
    I wonder if this is going to happen for "Messenger for facebook" or "iGrann Pro" they all have the same terms....
    I was about to buy igrann yesterday lol

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    santhoshmanikandan likes this.
    08-17-14 07:35 AM
    Snapchat is a real scumbag developer. Pulls app made only because they haven't made one.......real a-holes they are. they'll never see my business regardless of what platform I use.

Slow clap to SnapChat for being lazy, greedy urchins.....well done guys...well done.

Posted via CB10
    Nah dude... the original developer came up with a concept, made the app, the trademarks and made it free to use to their users. this dev copied their trademarks, access their services(or servers) and is changing for it. It's only fair that ask him to stop.
    And I'm amount the few it seems that don't use snapchat. However it seems to be a trend in bbw for devs to be making copies of free apps/services and charging.

Posted via CB10
    mornhavon likes this.
    08-17-14 08:03 AM
    I'm just hoping that when it's uploaded again it will actually work.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 08:05 AM
    Again, misdirected anger because they don't support your platform. If it weren't for that, you'd have no reason to call them names.

The moral of the story is don't infringe, and follow the law. I don't know why you think otherwise is acceptable, and in turn deserves childish name calling towards a company who's done nothing wrong in reality.

How about instead of whining, you do something about it?

Start a petition - wait for BlackBerry 10 to become larger - ask to allow development of a native BlackBerry 10 version with their agreement - use the Snapchat .apk.

You have plenty of options, but complaining with no real reason isn't getting you anything but poor looks.

If you can give one valid reason explaining your poor choice of words towards Snapchat, aside from your anger about them not spending time, and money to develop a BlackBerry application, we'll listen.

Posted via CB10
    I dont think you understand that im not upset about them protecting their ipr, but rather the selective way they did......either you get it an are using a pivot argument technique or you're willfully trolling me. I assume 6snap(or whatever windows unofficial one is) is still up correct? free or not my understanding is Nemory had to pull both, and will no longer make any snapchat app. So its not about ipr, its selective inclusion exclusion based on whatever they want......which of course they can do, but it also means they're being massive d-bags. it is what it is.

Spare me the grade school break down of basic law, I know that basic knowledge, but you're missing my point im trying to make.

Posted via CB10
    NinjaB likes this.
    08-17-14 09:38 AM
    No but it's the principal of the matter

Posted with my Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Choose your battles in life - your ulcer's will thank you for it some day.

If you used the app once you got your money's worth just like you do with a coffee.
    08-17-14 09:55 AM
    Oh man I had just bought it like a week ago...we'll I really hope buying stuff on bb world becomes like gambling to us users
    08-17-14 10:16 AM
    I don't use snapchat, but please stop this 'I paid for that app, I want my money back sir'!!Nemory has done a WONDERFUL and HARD job, above all if you consider he did that on his own, lonely! If you guys didn't want to pay for snapchat you could have installed the android version or download the lite version. But you wanted a native,complete snapchat experience? Snapchat -with its own reasons- didn't release a BB10 native app but it was YOU who wanted to pay for a native snapchat client! Remember that. Nemory deserved your money even if he clearly violated the laws. Let's hope snapchat will be fine with the pull from BBWorld!
    Nemory, keep it going!!! You are a great dev and we ALL appreciate your work!
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    08-17-14 10:31 AM
    I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't use snapchat.

errr.. what is snapchat??

you snap at others while chatting? is that it?

or it is an apps that make you angry while you chat that you need to snap??

my apology for being silly stupid and ignorant.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 10:50 AM
    I dont think you understand that im not upset about them protecting their ipr, but rather the selective way they did......either you get it an are using a pivot argument technique or you're willfully trolling me. I assume 6snap(or whatever windows unofficial one is) is still up correct? free or not my understanding is Nemory had to pull both, and will no longer make any snapchat app. So its not about ipr, its selective inclusion exclusion based on whatever they want......which of course they can do, but it also means they're being massive d-bags. it is what it is.

Spare me the grade school break down of basic law, I know that basic knowledge, but you're missing my point im trying to make.

Posted via CB10
    If you can prove this, and indeed there isn't any non-publicized effort by SnapChat to police their trademark rights directed at the other third-parties that you mentioned ((a) sending demand letters, (b) proceeding with opposition and cancellation proceedings with administrative entities, (c) proceeding with litigation in the courts, and/or (d) entering into licensing and/or other agreements with third parties), then you should initiate loss of trademark right proceedings against them on the grounds of failure to police.

Good luck with that.
    mornhavon likes this.
    08-17-14 11:05 AM
    Reality is that trademarks (including those that are pictorials) must be defended or you can lose them.

Copyrights do not have to be, nor do patents. You can selectively enforce (or not) those as you see fit. This is not true for trademarks; if you have one and it becomes a "generic term" for an action or thing as opposed to a distinctive mark that "brands" your product or service you lose the protection it affords.

This is why you can now buy things called "Aspirin" even though Bayer did not make them. They lost their trademark protection due to failure to defend against infringements.
    Let me make a Xerox of that while I wipe away my crocodile tears using a Kleenex ;-)
    Anyone Tivo that episode of my fav show lastnight?

Flicked out via Zed10
    08-17-14 11:38 AM
    We don't deserve any native apps. We are an ungrateful lot. If its not the "re-pay me back my money" argument, it becomes the "yeah, but, IP infringement argument" or the "I told you so argument"

Side note: to the guy that said I told you so... You're smug. Too smug.

To everyone else, Nemory gave us an app that some of us wanted on our phones. He charged for it because he needed the fees. Fair enough snapchat have to protect their IP but they are pricks for 'protecting' their IP without offering a solution. For an app that is 'free' on other platforms, that should mean that it shouldn't cost them anything to develop one for BB10... but that's a different matter.

Now that this is all said and done, and it has occurred, the next possible thing we should be doing is supporting Nemory in this. Seeing as it is beginning to look like Nemory might not be able to charge for anything anymore, we should help him in any way we can.

To Nemory, I personally enjoy your apps so keep doing all you can. Add a donate function to your apps and remove the initial fees so that other companies can lay off the infringement bullcrap. I will donate
    08-17-14 12:08 PM
    If you can prove this, and indeed there isn't any non-publicized effort by SnapChat to police their trademark rights directed at the other third-parties that you mentioned ((a) sending demand letters, (b) proceeding with opposition and cancellation proceedings with administrative entities, (c) proceeding with litigation in the courts, and/or (d) entering into licensing and/or other agreements with third parties), then you should initiate loss of trademark right proceedings against them on the grounds of failure to police.

Good luck with that.
    If I can prove this?.......dude go on windows app store....is 6snap still there?.....its pretty cut and dry here.

Basic story here is, if you're upset understand that SnapChat doesn't like BlackBerry, they dont want to support the most easy BlackBerry 10 app......they dont want us to have an app paid for or free. So If you want to support a developer like that then go right ahead...im not.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 02:06 PM
    Basic story here is, if you're upset understand that SnapChat doesn't like BlackBerry, they dont want to support the most easy BlackBerry 10 app......they dont want us to have an app paid for or free.
    How do you explain this then? Snap2Chat Lite - BlackBerry World

And 6snap, as far as I can tell, is free as well, with no in-app purchasing: Download 6snap - Microsoft Store

Is there a pro version of 6snap, or some other paid version of Snapchat on the Windows app store?
    ghundiraj, JeepBB and mornhavon like this.
    08-17-14 02:15 PM
205 ... 23456 ...