12-22-14 08:36 AM
205 12345 ...
tools
    Then what's the point of releasing their API for developers?
    Snapchat released them so that other developers could MAKE MONEY off of their APIs?

And who's responsible it something were to happen through this paid app? Who's going to get railed against if there's a localized outage? "Death to Snapchat" or "Death to Snap2chat, a third party app that leverages the APIs provided by Snapchat" will they be yelling?
    08-16-14 01:26 PM
    Per MobileSyrup...

Snapchat is one of the most popular social apps available today. Available on iOS and Android since 2011 and 2012 respectively, the app has yet to make it to any other platform. Now, Microsoft is taking things into its own hands with its own Snapchat clone for Windows Phone.

Neowin reports that the company has a Snapchat-like app that is now available for Windows Phone users to download. Developed by Microsoft Research and dubbed WindUp, the app allows users to send temporary messages with a pre-determined time limit. It supports pictures, videos, audio clips, and text and is free to download, but is only compatible with Windows Phone 8 and 8.1.
    ---------------------------

I think but not sure, that this is *like* Snapchat but not a real clone that uses Snapchat APIs.
    08-16-14 02:28 PM
    I think the point is that they won't develop an app for BB10, but when someone else does, they go after him. Snapchat could have had those downloads themselves if they had made an app.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. I understand if he made a very similar app and sold it for a dollar less and stole their business... buy technically he has not taken business from them bc there is no official app for people to get.

If this is such a hindrance to snap chat profit then why do they not develop an official app and MAKE some money from it?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 02:51 PM
    When someone makes a QWERTY keyboard for the iPhone that looks like a blackberry keyboard, people are up in arms over it. When someone copies an app and charges for an otherwise free service, people defend the one who copies the software...

Whilst I don't think either is right, both should be allowed, I understand a company's need to defend its intellectual property.
    Double-standard never goes out of style.
    walt63, Yatezy and JeepBB like this.
    08-16-14 03:58 PM
    Exactly. I understand if he made a very similar app and sold it for a dollar less and stole their business... buy technically he has not taken business from them bc there is no official app for people to get.

If this is such a hindrance to snap chat profit then why do they not develop an official app and MAKE some money from it?

Posted via CB10
    So now we are telling million dollar companies how to operate their business?

In this situation, people must put their feelings about popular apps not supporting BlackBerry to the side and look at things from a business perspective. Complaining about a company simply doing business is ridiculous. It's just envy really.

Posted via CB10
    mornhavon likes this.
    08-16-14 05:17 PM
    Consider the 2 dollars a thank you to the developer and stop complaining about it. He brought a great product to all of us, but Snapchat pulled it down.
    jafrul, GSM-S and PantherBlitz like this.
    08-16-14 05:18 PM
    Can apps just vanish from your device? If a developer chooses to remove the app from the appstore, then it disappears from your phone as well!?

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    No.

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    08-16-14 05:55 PM
    Everyone that is complaining about the app not being there no more, if you had the app already downloaded to your device and you where using it, u still have it. Dont complain. If you didn't have it, tough luck. U should have downloaded it when it was up. The lite version is still there, so download that now before that is taken down as well...

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    08-16-14 06:00 PM
    actually you can side load the app right here, in the first page. download it and sideload it.
    I did it and it works

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10720092
    08-16-14 06:32 PM
    Uhm, no. Snapchat claims, Nemory Studios "improperly uses Snapchat's trademark in its app title and includes the unauthorized use of the Snapchat ghost logo." They add it violates terms and conditions of the application and "other federal and state laws."

Snapchat went after Snap2Chat due to the application being a paid staple in the BlackBerry World storefront - which they have every right to do.

But I do appreciate what the developer went through to bring Snap2Chat to BlackBerry World. It filled a huge gap, and I can admit I paid for the Pro version myself.

Nonetheless, I wish Nemory luck.

Posted via CB10
    So, change name and logo. Why require it to be pulled?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-16-14 07:51 PM
    So, change name and logo. Why require it to be pulled?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Why infringe in the first place? Why not ask permission first? Why not take heed of the warnings 6 months ago? Why not research federal and state laws before violating them blatantly?

It had to be pulled because he was charging money for illegally using their Intellectual property - plain and simple.

I don't know why people keep bringing it up - It's been dealt with properly according to the law, and the company's rights.

Don't you think it's fair to play by the rules?

Anyways, Nemory is offering the application for free in the Beta Zone as of now.

There's the solution.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and mornhavon like this.
    08-16-14 08:35 PM
    Snap2Chat Pro taken out of BlackBerry World-img_20140816_210308.png

It's back in the beta zone

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 09:06 PM
    The whole issue that Snapchat had I'm assuming is that he's charging and profiting off their name, which is illegal.
    If it were free I don't think they would have cared tbh

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 09:16 PM
    The whole issue that Snapchat had I'm assuming is that he's charging and profiting off their name, which is illegal.
    If it were free I don't think they would have cared tbh
    You got it. They don't want him profiting, and don't want the headache that might come their way in terms of support for a "paid" app. They asked for the removal of the paid app, but not the free one.
    DYLANHABKIRK and mornhavon like this.
    08-16-14 09:18 PM
    Nem, I did warn you about this...about 6 months ago :S

Despite the risks, he still put it up to make some $$$.

Meh, now he sees he can't do it anymore since the sales probably hit a plateau anyways so it'll be free nao!
    08-16-14 09:30 PM
    Hi there,

We are very sorry that you can?t download Snap2Chat Pro in BBWorld at the moment because SnapChat pulled it the store recently but we?re trying our best to put it back and don?t worry because you will always can get and NO NEED TO PAY AGAIN.

The name will be renamed to SnapShot and will be completely free with the pro features. No ads, notifications, filters, and a lot more. It will replace the Snap2Chat Lite

Thank you for choosing Snap2Chat/SnapShot.

Posted via CB10
    Can you please create a kik app please.. I'll pay for the app just make one (:

Via BlackBerry Q10
    08-16-14 09:46 PM
    so how about the people who paid for the pro version??? are they going to be reimbursed???

Hi there,

We are very sorry that you can?t download Snap2Chat Pro in BBWorld at the moment because SnapChat pulled it the store recently but we?re trying our best to put it back and don?t worry because you will always can get and NO NEED TO PAY AGAIN.

The name will be renamed to SnapShot and will be completely free with the pro features. No ads, notifications, filters, and a lot more. It will replace the Snap2Chat Lite

Thank you for choosing Snap2Chat/SnapShot.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 10:39 PM
    so how about the people who paid for the pro version??? are they going to be reimbursed???
    Probably not.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Djlatino likes this.
    08-16-14 10:39 PM
    LOL most definitely not.

But Snapchat may get a cut. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Then again, it's between Nem and Snap.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 10:49 PM
    I say goodluck to him, he took a risk to give us all something we wanted. I do agree from snapchats point of view. If I made something that was worth a lot and someone used the base of my product without my consent to make money then i would do something about it. Its simply how this business works. Its to be expected really.

I understand you all are upset that snapchat is fighting Nemory on this but wont release their own app but honestly thats their choice. Their management has deemed blackberry not worth it and that will only change once BlackBerry shows its here for good on the device front and sells a lot of devices.
    DYLANHABKIRK and walt63 like this.
    08-16-14 11:03 PM
    Are you that hard up for 2 bucks?
    08-16-14 11:16 PM
    If I download the beta version will it replace the current Snap2chat or will it be a separate app?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 12:52 AM
    Why infringe in the first place? Why not ask permission first? Why not take heed of the warnings 6 months ago? Why not research federal and state laws before violating them blatantly?

It had to be pulled because he was charging money for illegally using their Intellectual property - plain and simple.

I don't know why people keep bringing it up - It's been dealt with properly according to the law, and the company's rights.

Don't you think it's fair to play by the rules?

Anyways, Nemory is offering the application for free in the Beta Zone as of now.

There's the solution.

Posted via CB10
    Yah, I know you're right. But I just won't take the side of the company that intentionally excludes BB10, then getting mad that someone else have jumped in to fill the void... But he definitely should have asked first. Wonder what their answer would have been?
    08-17-14 02:01 AM
    He probably spent majority of the money to move out to America

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 02:03 AM
    Moral of the story is SnapChat developers are pieces of garbage and you shouldn't support them no matter what platform you use.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 02:19 AM
205 12345 ...