12-22-14 09:36 AM
205 1234 ...
tools
    Snapchat is a real scumbag developer. Pulls app made only because they haven't made one.......real a-holes they are. they'll never see my business regardless of what platform I use.

Slow clap to SnapChat for being lazy, greedy urchins.....well done guys...well done.

Posted via CB10
    1. They are still getting your "business" whether directly or through third party.

2. You wouldn't say this is Snapchat had a native version. You'll be all over it.

3. What if you built a multi-million dollar net worth app from the ground up and someone uses your property and brand without approval documentation to make money? Wouldn't you fight it? I think you would. If not, you should.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 06:07 AM
    What the issue is here is more of the fact that they chose to take down a 3rd party app without theirs being in the store. It is a tad selfish no matter how legal it is.

Someone commented that is is just business. A better more accepted business move would be if they then created an app for BB10, thereby winning over everyone that might have downloaded Snap2chat.

That is good business.

What they have done is just show everyone that they are pricks.
    08-16-14 07:32 AM
    I dont debate the legal right to do what they do.....but its still dirty pool.....they're lazy greedy urchins. it is what it is. Just like yelp, netflix....etc etc. Scumbags imo.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they should sink development money to do a native app for a platform that just told devs that they should write their apps in Android and submit them to the Amazon store. They offer the app for free, and someone was profiting from the services they offer for just writing a front end. BlackBerry created this situation and this is where it has come to.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    mornhavon likes this.
    08-16-14 09:02 AM
    Snapchat is a real scumbag developer. Pulls app made only because they haven't made one.......real a-holes they are. they'll never see my business regardless of what platform I use.

Slow clap to SnapChat for being lazy, greedy urchins.....well done guys...well done.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, blame Snapchat for protecting their intellectual property; damn them.
    08-16-14 10:53 AM
    Seriously BlackBerry should defend developers like Nemory! If SnapChat does not want to develop app for BlackBerry platform then it is up for grab for anyone to develop an app for it! Otherwise this is a lose-lose scenario for BlackBerry with cases like this IMHO

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 11:28 AM
    Seriously BlackBerry should defend developers like Nemory! If SnapChat does not want to develop app for BlackBerry platform then it is up for grab for anyone to develop an app for it! Otherwise this is a lose-lose scenario for BlackBerry with cases like this IMHO

Posted via CB10
    It's not up for the grabs, Snapchat's private API is their intellectual property, they explicitly forbid their use in their ToS and would probably sue BlackBerry(and/or Nemory) if they would have refused to take Snap2chat down.
    Bsbudd and mornhavon like this.
    08-16-14 11:50 AM
    So I basically paid 2 dollars for the app and now it's gone, and there will be a new app with the same features as the pro for free. So basically everyone who paid for the pro wasted their money. Even though it was 2 dollars, im still pretty pissed.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 12:27 PM
    When someone makes a QWERTY keyboard for the iPhone that looks like a blackberry keyboard, people are up in arms over it. When someone copies an app and charges for an otherwise free service, people defend the one who copies the software...

Whilst I don't think either is right, both should be allowed, I understand a company's need to defend its intellectual property.
    JeepBB, mornhavon and mikeo007 like this.
    08-16-14 12:33 PM
    So I basically paid 2 dollars for the app and now it's gone, and there will be a new app with the same features as the pro for free. So basically everyone who paid for the pro wasted their money. Even though it was 2 dollars, im still pretty pissed.

Posted via CB10
    Oh no, you're broke now. How will you ever survive?

Posted via CB10
    Mirbrah likes this.
    08-16-14 12:33 PM
    So funny.

Posted via CB10
    Heaven help you if something you buy is ever put in a sale. You'll combust.

Posted via CB10
    Mirbrah likes this.
    08-16-14 12:38 PM
    Aha. I'm not really that mad about it, but still, I just wish things could be simple and snapchat could just make a native app for bb10. Things would have been a lot easier.
    DJM626 likes this.
    08-16-14 12:41 PM
    Aha. I'm not really that mad about it, but still, I just wish things could be simple and snapchat could just make a native app for bb10. Things would have been a lot easier.
    So direct your anger at SnapChat.
    Banco, Clanked, Shadowyugi and 1 others like this.
    08-16-14 12:49 PM
    I have some friends who have z10s and really liked using snap2chat (pro version) and when it was removed they were pretty mad, and we all kinda raged on snapchat. But the whole reason I was angry was because there was nothing I could do to stop it. So now there is nowhere to direct the anger, which gets you angry. But im calm now because I know there's not much I can do about it.
    08-16-14 12:54 PM
    Then what's the point of releasing their API for developers?

Posted via CB10
    MrGabriel and HUNTZODIAC like this.
    08-16-14 12:58 PM
    I have some friends who have z10s and really liked using snap2chat (pro version) and when it was removed they were pretty mad, and we all kinda raged on snapchat. But the whole reason I was angry was because there was nothing I could do to stop it. So now there is nowhere to direct the anger, which gets you angry. But im calm now because I know there's not much I can do about it.
    https://support.snapchat.com/ they are responsible.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-16-14 01:03 PM
    It's still on your device is it not ?

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    08-16-14 01:07 PM
    Can apps just vanish from your device? If a developer chooses to remove the app from the appstore, then it disappears from your phone as well!?

08-16-14 01:15 PM
    Nemory you could contact snap chat and ask them to give you permission to release the app. This happened for wp8 where a third party developer's snap chat app was converted to official one. The developer was given permission to do so. Try this way. If chance is there you could even earn some money doing so.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    08-16-14 01:20 PM
    Can apps just vanish from your device? If a developer chooses to remove the app from the appstore, then it disappears from your phone as well!?

Nope.
    08-16-14 01:30 PM
    if snapchat is smart they know people are willing to pay for the app in blackberry they should consider creating a native blackberry 10 app now.
    Mirbrah, PantherBlitz and yvpan1 like this.
    08-16-14 01:31 PM
    No its not on my q10 anymore sadly . I didn't delete it or uninstall it just wasn't there anymore and I was looking on bbw for it and it wasn't there and thats when I heard the news about the removal .
    08-16-14 01:35 PM
    Ok then that means my device is corrupt or something, because mine just vanished.
    08-16-14 01:39 PM
    I don't know about my friends however, ill check in on it asap.
    08-16-14 01:41 PM
    Then what's the point of releasing their API for developers?

Posted via CB10
    They didn't, they have a private API.
    08-16-14 01:45 PM
    Reality is that trademarks (including those that are pictorials) must be defended or you can lose them.

Copyrights do not have to be, nor do patents. You can selectively enforce (or not) those as you see fit. This is not true for trademarks; if you have one and it becomes a "generic term" for an action or thing as opposed to a distinctive mark that "brands" your product or service you lose the protection it affords.

This is why you can now buy things called "Aspirin" even though Bayer did not make them. They lost their trademark protection due to failure to defend against infringements.
    08-16-14 01:52 PM
205 1234 ...