Skype explains why third-party apps and accessories will die in December

Very interesting changes comming in Dec.
    I think it means they will be more like viber instead of Hotmail messenger requiring log in.

May also be the reason they are still not going native on BlackBerry 10. Since big changes comming.

BlackBerry better hurry .. with bbm voice and video. Tik tok

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 216917
    Last edited by nuke99; 11-03-13 at 08:51 AM.
    11-03-13 08:18 AM
    It appears from reading the article that this is going to impact the desktop users more than anyone else. We just got a sweet Skype update so perhaps that was what we needed to keep it working.
    11-03-13 08:31 AM
    I read the article, but I don't see where you got your conclusion op

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 08:35 AM
    I read the article, but I don't see where you got your conclusion op

Posted via CB10
    First paragraph. Fine print. The picture format.

Saying that all platform, ESPECIALLY mobile platform will be more energy efficient. Instant etc.

1. Since it will change the whole program. The natural progression should be towards whatsapp / viber like instead of yahoo like in mobile platform.

2. Also that might be the real reason they are delaying the BlackBerry 10 native software.

Just my guess

I managed to attach
    Attachment 216916
    11-03-13 08:46 AM
    It appears from reading the article that this is going to impact the desktop users more than anyone else. We just got a sweet Skype update so perhaps that was what we needed to keep it working.
    Considering it's an utter PoS when it comes to video quality compared to anything out there I cannot imagine how could they ruin it even more...

Sent from my C6833 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-05-13 12:29 AM
    well... this sucks. Does this mean that come December the desktop version of skype is dead and will no longer work? I use skype often. I mean think of all the other military members as well while deployed. I'm stationed overseas and use skype to call back stateside for free when I need to deal with my bank and other things going on... this is just BS. Glad things will improve on mobile but I try not to use skype mobile as much as possible.
    Dude_9 likes this.
    11-05-13 02:54 AM
    I think it simply means, skype will be totally rewritten from scratch to improve user experience.

Improvement will be seen especially for mobile devices.

It's a good move because the current skype mobile software have some limitations. Like you need to log on in your phone to access, which is a huge battery hogger.

People are finding this less and less attractive, and people are using less and less yahoo g talk msn.

Always on viber/ line. Kaokao is getting more and more attractive and evergy efficient.

They recognise that and following the trend.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 07:32 PM
    Skype explains why third-party apps and accessories will die in December

Very interesting changes comming in Dec.
    I think it means they will be more like viber instead of Hotmail messenger requiring log in.

May also be the reason they are still not going native on BlackBerry 10. Since big changes comming.

BlackBerry better hurry .. with bbm voice and video. Tik tok

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 216917
    11-05-13 08:55 PM