01-19-14 10:28 AM
74 123
    No, why would they want to attract attention away from their own devices instead of to them? Would be illogical at this point.
    BBM for all.

01-12-14 09:55 PM
    No, don't support Apple at all. Crush the competition. Making a keyboard won't make people switch. Once the app gap closes, the real competition begins.

Posted via BB-Z10. OS 10.2.1.
    01-12-14 10:19 PM
    Most of iphone users are blackberry haters...and a lot of them have Psychological problems...
    No one will buy it if it's from blackberry, if it is from other after market companies then they will buy it.
    F+@ck iphone and build a good blackberry phone that will kick there ashes

From My Sexy Q10...
    01-14-14 01:51 PM
    This would just be stupid.. yes BB would make money, but they lose the only thing that everyone remembers them for (In general public eyes, not mine of course).

Plus, why give iGoofs the one thing that iPhone WILL NEVER be able to duplicate or even come close to? Everyone knows this would sell like ice cream on a hot day, but by no means would this be close to showing pride.. It would be complete submission.

I know BB is on hard times, but that's no means to just hoe yourself out to a superior company in terms of money, for some extra side cash.

BB should be for BB, no one else. BBM, I understand.. This? It's just nonsense.
    01-14-14 02:19 PM
    No, but I might be interested in a keyboard case for my z10 on occasion. And NO I don't want to get a q10.....i like my full screen thank you very much.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:29 PM
    If you put a BlackBerry logo on it apple people won't buy it. Call it an Ikeyboard and they will buy a billion in the first hour.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:55 PM
    I remember when I first held the Z10 and the Q10 at the same time. Coming from a Torch, I had wished they had combined the two. Seems like Typo had the same idea.

BlackBerry should produce this for the iPhone and other popular devices. This would go along with Chen's statement about being an iPhone or Android user, and also a BlackBerry user.

Would this cause ppl to leave BlackBerry? Probably. The way it is now, BlackBerry should take advantage of those that already have an iPhone and remind them what was so special about the keyboard and introduce those that never experienced a physical keyboard that there are alternatives. Make the attachment high quality, brand it, and ppl will become attached to it. Make them depend on it and say, "I love that keyboard...". Fact is, ppl are scared to try a BlackBerry bc of the media. An accessory would be less of a commitment, and could warm ppl's perception of the brand.

While that is happening, let BlackBerry, with Chen's focus on software, push forward and create a user experience that will pull consumers towards the brand. That is my vision.

Posted via CB10
    Tatwi likes this.
    01-14-14 06:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 06:59 PM
    Honestly, an iPhone keyboard made by Blackberry would probably be more profitable than selling the entire phone. Make them for the Galaxy too. Make one for the iPad and the awful Surface tablet.

And while blackberry is at it, how about making a credit card reader that can't be hacked? They'd sell them faster than they could make them, and make a small fortune on swipe fees to boot.

Medical records, retail transactions, sensitive corporate data?

Gee, it'll there were only a market for excellent keyboards and a huge, privately owned secure network.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:19 PM
    1st: Sue them. 2nd : Make a Z10 size phone with keyboard on the bottom 3rd : Market the crap out of it.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 09:09 PM
    The only problem I may see with all this, is BlackBerry making too much money on peripherals, and get out of the Hardware business all together. That would be a devastating tragedy for many, if not all of us true longtime RIM/BlackBerry addicts.

Vienna's original ? BlackBerry Abuser.
    01-14-14 09:17 PM
    I think they should make a keyboard for iPhone. Although I had bad luck with a the bluetooth keyboard made by BlackBerry for the PlayBook. It was not good. If you could have it plug in to the phones port it might be more reliable. (not sure if that can even be done)

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 10:03 PM
    No BlackBerry should make detachable keyboards for all its BlackBerry 10 devices and ditch Q10 like phones.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    01-14-14 10:08 PM
    Hang on guys. How many of you use a logitech or some other brand of mouse on your tablet or laptop. Surely the point is that blackberry makes good gear. This is supported by the fact that millions have connected to bbm a bb product. The more things with BlackBerry on the better

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 10:13 PM
    Cant wait to buy an iphone6 if BlackBerry really gonna make keyboard for it

Posted Via CB10 with BlackBerry Q10 2AEFCF1A
    01-15-14 08:24 AM
    Oh the irony.
    I have lost count of the amount of people who on forums and in the media have laughed at physical keyboards. And thats not just blackberry phones.
    What other technology is going to be cool by association next?
    A betamax recording system for your ipad? The ipod "walkman" with retro cassettes?
    01-15-14 10:27 AM
    I think it would be a good idea but the fact of the matter is that Typo probably has filed patent applications of its own to protect their specific technology, so BlackBerry might attract patent infringement liability if it did make a similar add-on keyboard...Even though BlackBerry might have its own patents, it doesn't preclude Typo from having filed it's own patent applications...

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 07:14 PM
    Better Keyboard experience, more sales it's a no brainer, don't forget about Samsung as well they could use one too

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 07:13 AM
    Yes. No BB symbol. Sell at half the price of the Seacrest special. A nice way to say "How You doin?
    01-17-14 12:48 PM
    No BlackBerry should make detachable keyboards for all its BlackBerry 10 devices and ditch Q10 like phones.

Posted via CB10
    Bingo. It's the answer to the whole slider dilemma. Make a Z10 from factor that has an extended attachable (optional) keyboard-case.

01-17-14 12:56 PM
    IMO, BlackBerry is about as competitive with Apple as Moe's Coffee Shop is with Starbucks, so I see nothing wrong with BB catering to iPhone types who want the use and feel of a BB keyboard. May as well make some money off of them.
    01-18-14 11:39 AM
    I think this needs a poll.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 12:14 PM
    Lol that's a really funny idea but I think they're too scared to do it.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 09:25 AM
    No, is a bad idea. They need to start making phones that the masses want and not try to piggy back off of another phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:28 AM
74 123