01-19-14 11:28 AM
74 123
tools
    sure they are desperate for some cash.
    01-04-14 02:36 PM
    If BlackBerry did make then nobody would buy them cuz "BlackBerry sucks". That's how ppl are, I love BlackBerry I want them to succeed.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    01-04-14 03:05 PM
    If bb10 totally fails and ceases to be sold as smartphones, then yes
    01-04-14 08:34 PM
    At first thought I think it would be a bad idea **** afterwards if the could bundle it with a good bbm appn, it might appease some users. I don't think it will sell enough but who knows and might take whatever market share BlackBerry already has.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 09:11 PM
    Yess blackberry should I know people that wont swap out there iphone for a blackberry but they want the apps and keyboard yess but make the keyboard pricey 50/60and in white and black

C002C4374 HD wallpapers
    01-05-14 04:22 PM
    Excellent idea, but it does seem as though the momentum has been taken by Seacrest. BlackBerry should have been thinking again, like they run a business, unfortunately they need guidance on how to execute.

Maybe the lawsuit will give them a royalty
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by abwan11; 01-05-14 at 06:42 PM.
    01-05-14 06:14 PM
    If there is a demand for it, I say why not? Gives BBRY some extra cash if people pay for this accessory
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-06-14 09:44 AM
    Every time I load the first page of this conversation, a dialog box pops up saying "Hello" and has an OK button. ?!?
    01-07-14 12:36 PM
    That would be a smart move! I think by getting the blackberry brand out there, you will get positive brand recognition, and ultimately get people back into the flock!

It is a dilemma, If we give the keyboard will BlackBerry keyboard lovers leave? If we don't will a similar non patented device apear and steal it???

Best make one with a huge blackberry logo and sell the hell out of it at cheap prices to any apple or android device, brand them all with bb, and regain positive market recognition!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 01:06 PM
    Well let's see. If they can make more money off these than they would be able to sell devices. Maybe yes. But is it worth it in the long run ? A device sells a platform while Typo sells a keyboard keeping the customer on the enemy platform. There is good and bad on both decisions. But they need to find which will have the most short and long term profits for them.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-07-14 01:21 PM
    I really don't think there's a play here for BlackBerry- the Typo keyboard may be a much bigger threat than anyone is willing to admit.

I'm definitely the customer that will buy the Typo case- lawsuit or no. Love my Q10, but my company has gone over to iPhones exclusively- no support at all for BlackBerry- even BYO (so much for 'choice'). If the keyboard helps close the maddening gap in utility on my company iPhone, then it's likely I'll move away from BlackBerry for good. Just not enough improvement in the past year to warrant keeping two devices- and if I can get the keyboard on the iPhone, that eliminates about 80% of what I dislike about iOS. Combine that with Blackberry's seeming inability to close the app gap, and complete uncertainty about their commitment to supporting existing devices and customers now and in the not-so-distant future, I have to say that the game is up.

I know there'll be howling disagreement with that last assertion- but look at recent history, and there's no way that anyone could buy a BlackBerry device today and say "I'm confident they'll stand behind this product for the next two years of my contract". Two words- PlayBook and 10.2. Both are glaring examples of BlackBerry's inability to launch, support and develop a new platform. No joy in saying this, but it's over, and the Typo keyboard just might get the last of the holdouts to make the jump.

Posted via CB10
    3hb78ftg and bbq10l like this.
    01-08-14 10:11 PM
    1st: Sue them. 2nd : Make a Z10 size phone with keyboard on the bottom 3rd : Market the crap out of it.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 10:21 PM
    BlackBerry should make it for z10 first

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 03:20 AM
    It is interesting. How many iPhone users purchase one and like it. Then come upgrade time decide they might as well just get a bb..or at least consider it. That being the case, if BlackBerry has the competitive devices and apps consumers want there will be potential to turn some users and gain credibility.

Z10
    01-09-14 03:49 AM
    A 3.7 inch screen with physical qwerty keyboard! Would be amazing for physical qwerty lovers. Hope this would be the Q30!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 07:10 AM
    Sell it under BBM brand.
    HA! That would drive Apple nuts. All these iPhones rocking a physical keyboard add-on with the BlackBerry logo on it. Hilarious.

#delicious
    01-09-14 10:49 AM
    I think this is great product.

This creates the best of both worlds. Use your (old fashion ?) keyboard when you have a lot of messaging and then "poof" it disappears completely ! BBerry should have come up with this themselve (if they havn't already and just didn't tell anyone) and should either bi-directionally license this product or get a piece of the company.
    01-09-14 11:02 AM
    Absolutely NOT! That would be very suicidal

Posted via CB10 with my crazy beautiful Q10
    01-09-14 11:17 AM
    No .. the sales would be minimal and BlackBerry would have a failure on its hands . Far better to make a larger screen QWERTY device themselves.
    01-09-14 11:28 AM
    If bb10 totally fails and ceases to be sold as smartphones, then yes
    If BB10 totally fails and ceases to be sold as smartphones, then I believe Apple or Android would probably go to court to fight over who could profit from Blackberry's demise.
    01-09-14 11:51 AM
    No .. the sales would be minimal and BlackBerry would have a failure on its hands . Far better to make a larger screen QWERTY device themselves.
    True.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 01:44 PM
    The problem is they're not attracting attention to their own devices.

I like the "bundled with bbm" concept as well. Have the device auto install bbm. If you're paying for a keyboard, it's a fair bet that you're familiar with BlackBerry and with bbm.

As for the inventory risk/R&D, yes that's true but you don't want Typo's name being associated with it if it grows. I dont know what R&D they put into it, but it couldn't have been much if they stole the q10 design. The attachment portion isn't difficult to do.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. Yeah, nice for Apple, but, I would love to see BlackBerry push BlackBerry products.....for now.

Posted from my Q10 via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-11-14 01:28 AM
    By the time BlackBerry developed such a device the market would be pretty well dominated by typo, too late to make any cash.
    You really have to be innovative and first to market sometimes to make the big money.
    BlackBerry really need to start focusing on their engineering and R&D rather than just the board of directors.
    If they can't innovate and bring new concepts to the market quickly then they are finished. They need to spend a lot of money on modernising their R&D divisions. Unfortunately it looks like they just want to outsource and become a system integrator.
    01-11-14 04:17 AM
    This is a very good idea. Focus on all touchscreen smartphones and sell optional cases that have keyboard built in.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:12 PM
    Great thread!

I've been going back and forth on this thought all week since getting my Typo.

I actually think the "form factor" of the iPhone with typo installed is pretty good. Kinda wish the Q10 would have gone with that sort of screen vs the 1:1 ratio they went with. Maybe their next keyboard BlackBerry can go this way. To me the Typo on iPhone is sort of evidence you could have both a keyboard and decently sized screen.

As for just making the accessory available for iPhone. I mean, they definitely could build it and probably sell 20 million of them to former BlackBerry owners who are now on iPhone.

If keyboard phones are a big part of BB's future device road map, which based on some of the CEO's recent interviews it feels they are, then they probably wouldn't want to do this. That said, I'm not sure BlackBerry can easily win those customers they've lost back, so maybe better to make some money off them on their iPhones.

At the same time, if they make it, it also makes it easier for current BlackBerry users who love their keyboard to still get it by leaving BlackBerry for iphone plus keyboard combo. And I'm sure BlackBerry would rather have those people on BlackBerry.

I sort of think they should just offer it. It would be a way to get people thinking about BlackBerry differently, kind of like how BBM on Android and iOS is. Bring the BlackBerry experience to you no matter what platform you're on.

That said, could be a really bad idea. Gonna keep pondering.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:35 PM
74 123