20% off select BB10 devices til Dec. 1, 2015... Classic, Leap and Passport...

ShopBlackBerry Online Store - Black Friday Sale

No PRIV. I guess it's selling well.
    noemi-abril likes this.
    11-24-15 12:39 PM
    Thanks for posting!!
    11-24-15 12:48 PM
    Same as the ShopBB specials going on right now.

Classic is $299 (US)

Passport is $399 (US)

Passport SE is $499 (US)

LEAP is only $179 (US)

PRIV... is what it is.
    11-24-15 12:49 PM
    Why are they still asking 299 for the Q5.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 03:57 PM
    I was hoping for some discount for the BlackBerry priv

Beproud
    11-25-15 12:26 AM
    Why are we europeans supposed to pay 460 with black friday discounts for a Passport when the same device is sold for 399 $ for United States?

Are we europeans so rich to pay, like, 90 $ more?

___BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    11-25-15 04:57 AM
    Why are we europeans supposed to pay 460 with black friday discounts for a Passport when the same device is sold for 399 $ for United States?

I know what you mean. My family is Greek and whenever I go to Greece I am always amazed and the price of electronics, appliances etc. The price difference between where I am from (Canada) and many places in Europe must be VAT taxes or something. Everything from cars to microwaves are more expensive by a large margin in my opinion.

Hopefully in the near future we have a free trade agreement that will allow for lower cost trade amongst all the major countries and North America.

My $.02

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 02:57 AM

Why are Europeans even having a black Friday?

Though I would look at the euro exchange rates

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 08:21 AM
    Yep they rip us of in europe.. especially the UK

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 05:21 AM
    I want a passport, but want a better discount than just 15%, especially if they are going to phase out BB10.

As I see it is just old stock there trying to get rid of at a premium, now they have launched the priv, and decided to go the droid route.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 05:25 AM
    As I see it is just old stock there trying to get rid of at a premium, now they have launched the priv, and decided to go the droid route.
    Yup, that's exactly what they're doing... and who would blame BB for that?

BB don't want to be stuck with unsold inventory as they were with the Z10. So they'll be keen to offload as many BB10 devices as they can before the "we're done with BB10" news circulates too widely. I've certainly noticed more acceptance here on the CB forums of the fact that BB10 is now in a support phase; so there must be a limited window when "near-end-of-life" BB10 devices can continue to be sold at a reasonable profit.

Really looking forward to seeing the quarterly results later in December. I think hardware sales will collapse - BB10 will continue and accelerate its declining sales trend, and the Priv... well, I doubt it's been the success that many here seem to be anticipating. I can even predict the "wait for the next quarter's results, coz the Priv was only available near the end of the quarter" posts that will follow disappointing sales figures. Similar posts have followed disappointing sales figures every quarter since... well... forever.

Only a few weeks to see if I'll be right. Exciting huh?
    11-28-15 02:03 PM
    Yup, that's exactly what they're doing... and who would blame BB for that?

BB don't want to be stuck with unsold inventory as they were with the Z10. So they'll be keen to offload as many BB10 devices as they can before the "we're done with BB10" news circulates too widely. I've certainly noticed more acceptance here on the CB forums of the fact that BB10 is now in a support phase; so there must be a limited window when "near-end-of-life" BB10 devices can continue to be sold at a reasonable profit.

Really looking forward to seeing the quarterly results later in December. I think hardware sales will collapse - BB10 will continue and accelerate its declining sales trend, and the Priv... well, I doubt it's been the success that many here seem to be anticipating. I can even predict the "wait for the next quarter's results, coz the Priv was only available near the end of the quarter" posts that will follow disappointing sales figures. Similar posts have followed disappointing sales figures every quarter since... well... forever.

Only a few weeks to see if I'll be right. Exciting huh?
    I just love your negativity Jeep. You're overflowing with it. Hope it does not affect your Holiday Season... ;-)
    Toodeurep likes this.
    11-28-15 03:07 PM
    I just love your negativity Jeep. You're overflowing with it. Hope it does not affect your Holiday Season... ;-)
    No, I'm good. Thanks for your concern.

Playing a little guitar, chilling with my wife and kids, looking forward to Xmas... for me, life is good. I don't let my interest in whether Chen can pull this off and save BlackBerry (the company) affect my "real life" one bit.

As to BB10's "life", erm... that's not so good, and is likely to get worse. The reality (or should that be negativity?) of it being moved to support seems to have become more accepted here on the forums. The Priv's future hasn't yet been written, but when early buyers are removing the BB10 bits such as the Hub to leave it as a largely generic, but expensive, Android phone with a PKB, you have to think that the pen is poised to write.

As to whether I'm being negative or realistic will be seen in mid December!

Thanks again for your good wishes.
    11-28-15 03:32 PM
    Sure...sure..but your reality is nothing comes out good from Waterloo. I could care less about the phones for that matter. ;-)
    Anyway, enjoy your guitar.

See you around.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-28-15 03:45 PM

Taxes are not included in the US prices

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 03:48 PM
    Sure...sure..but your reality is nothing comes out good from Waterloo. I could care less about the phones for that matter. ;-)
    Anyway, enjoy your guitar.

See you around.
    Just between you and me, had the Priv launched with BB10 (as was BB's plan as recently as March)... I'd have bought one. I loved my Torch, and the BB PKB is justly praised, and if that phone had come out of Waterloo, I would have gladly spent my $$$'s on such a slider. Sadly, for both me and BB, that reality is never going to crystallise.
    11-28-15 03:58 PM