12-27-14 10:59 PM
31 12
tools
    Shop.blackberry.com has discounted all 3 colour variants of the passport by $100 on the Canadian page. I'm itching to get one but I haven't heard many good things of digital rivers service and warranty, so I'm a little gun shy. Anyone have positive experiences with shop.blackberry.com?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Shop Blackberry (Christmas?) sale: Passport, Z30, Q5-8098.jpg  
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    12-25-14 12:44 AM
    I know I am in the same boat as you in terms of wondering about service

TELUS has it on for $100 for a two year contract.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-25-14 01:09 AM
    I know I am in the same boat as you in terms of wondering about service

TELUS has it on for $100 for a two year contract.

I saw that too, but I want the unlocked version. I also see that Telus has a price match program but it only applies to 2 yr contract prices and not no contract phones.
    I want the passport!! Lol

12-25-14 01:16 AM
    Same boat... But I still have 6 months left on contract...

12-25-14 01:17 AM
    I wonder if I should contact ShopBB considering I just bought mine a week ago?

Posted via my Red Demon Passport!
    12-25-14 01:21 AM
    Shop.blackberry.com has discounted all 3 colour variants of the passport by $100 on the Canadian page. I'm itching to get one but I haven't heard many good things of digital rivers service and warranty, so I'm a little gun shy. Anyone have positive experiences with shop.blackberry.com?

There is another thread called 'the Waiting Room'
    I purchased 2-Z30's from shop.blackberry.com recently... I really didn't have any issues, but many people have had issues.
    Some people waited almost a month after ordering their products.

Post via my BlackBerry Z30!
    12-25-14 01:22 AM
    I wonder if I should contact ShopBB considering I just bought mine a week ago?

Posted via my Red Demon Passport!
    Yeah, doesn't hurt to contact them and try to save yourself a hundred bucks.

12-25-14 01:37 AM
    This doesn't bode well. I haven't read the whole thread, so going they've improved their service since?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=979219

12-25-14 01:40 AM
    I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Passport. Are there any valid coupon codes available?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 01:46 AM
    I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Passport. Are there any valid coupon codes available?

Posted via CB10
    None that I could find. Shopbbsave15 is invalid and I couldn't find any others. Good luck to you if you order!

12-25-14 01:50 AM
    I ordered a Z30 from DR in mid November for $299. Took about 10 days to arrive, but before it did, the price dropped to $225!! So I called them and they said they would match the price. I got a refund for $74!! I had previously ordered a Z10 from them for $199. So far no problems dealing with them. Of course, I have also not had any problems with the phones, so I have no experience with their warrantee service.
    12-25-14 01:56 AM
    The service issues are all about expectations and patience. I ordered the Passport a couple of weeks after launch. It was backordered. Took a while but I was patient. Figured I'd get it when I got it. I kept an eye on the FedEx delivery process and within a couple of weeks, the device was delivered. Been having a great time with it ever since.

As for customer service, I wasn't nor have I ever been an immediate gratification type. I don't get too worked up about on line order completion. I had no problems whatsoever with ShopBlackBerry.

I also wouldn't expect much from them in the next couple of days given the time of the year.

So I guess a lot depends on what type of person you are. Only you can evaluate that. One thing though. $100 off the unlocked Passport is good to see. Hope lots of folks take advantage of that deal.

Posted via CB10
    maxpowerxiii likes this.
    12-25-14 02:03 AM

Just do it. Digital River honors all of their replacement and warranty agreements, it just takes a couple weeks usually.

It's not like they take your money and run.

Posted via CB10
    maxpowerxiii likes this.
    12-25-14 02:52 AM
    I've bought 4 BlackBerry's from DR since October. Other than long shipping times, so far so good.

I haven't had any problems with them so I can't speak to that.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 08:09 AM
    I've bought a Z10, Z30 and Passport from DR. The general frame of mind going into it is that:
    1) Don't expect to get a lot of communication from them. You'll get your confirmation order but for me, I've received the phones in hand before I got their emails that it shipped.
    2) Don't expect to get it fast. Unless you are in the States and paying for Express Shipping (which we can't get in Canada), it can take a while. For two of my phones, it took almost two weeks.
    3) Don't change your mind once you order. Once you order, it's really hard if not impossible to cancel.

Basically, make sure you absolutely want the phone. Once you do, you WILL get it, it just may take a little longer.

I haven't had to deal with a warranty return so I can't say I'd be looking forward to that.

Also, general rule of thumb is that if you can get it from Amazon, that would definitely be the method of choice (if for no other reason that returns are simple) but for the Passport at least it is $549 USD on Amazon so with the exchange rate, it is cheaper from DR.
    12-25-14 08:31 AM
    I ordered my Passport in the release day during Chen presentation, no problems and shipped to Mexico next day I paid and was delivered almost four days later. Most of the time was holding by customs.

Man, I felt horrible the waiting but it worth

With my Passport
    12-25-14 08:56 AM
    I ordered my Passport in the release day during Chen presentation, no problems and shipped to Mexico next day I paid and was delivered almost four days later. Most of the time was holding by customs.

Man, I felt horrible the waiting but it worth

With my Passport
    I guess customs in Mexico didn't look at the side of the box. Kinda funny a product made in Mexico has to go through customs to get home.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 10:20 AM
    No issues with shopblackberry. Ordered on Sunday, got Passport on Wednesday around noon (Toronto downtown) .

I had hope for a quick Classic discount but looks like it's not going to happen !

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 10:40 AM
    Z30 deal is outstanding!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 10:47 AM
    I had no problem ordering my Z30 from them. Their email notification was confusing as it looked like they didnt give me the sale price, and my phone call to them didnt exactly reassure me, but all was well after all.
    12-25-14 01:46 PM
    Anyone know what the all in cost of the passport is on a 2 year plan if the phone is $100?

12-25-14 05:58 PM
    Anyone know what the all in cost of the passport is on a 2 year plan if the phone is $100?

Sorry... Meant what would be the total cost of the phone.

12-25-14 05:58 PM
    None work in my carrier.

Sad....

BlackBerry hates America!
    12-25-14 06:39 PM
    Pulled the trigger and got it from Amazon.Com! Can't wait!

12-26-14 11:22 AM
    ShopBB is out of stock on the Z30 already. I can't find it on Amazon at the discounted price.
    12-26-14 07:56 PM
31 12