08-23-15 06:18 PM
68 123
tools
    Use miracast and Playon. It's built into the phone.

Chrome cast sucks! Even with android/apple devices

Posted via CB10
    I doubt your setup will appeal to many people looking for a inexpensive video streaming service. There is a reason media servers are a niche product.
    08-28-14 01:16 PM
    I doubt your setup will appeal to many people looking for a inexpensive video streaming service. There is a reason media servers are a niche product.
    Waaaaaaaaaaaat...lmao please do some research. It's cheaper and better

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 01:44 PM
    Two words: Show Box.

Google up the apk. It's great.

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1130 /Telus
    ezapper2 likes this.
    08-28-14 02:08 PM
    Two words: Show Box.

Google up the apk. It's great.

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1130 /Telus
    And miracast to my TV. Wooohooooo

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 04:31 PM
    Use miracast and Playon. It's built into the phone.

Chrome cast sucks! Even with android/apple devices

Posted via CB10
    May I ask why you think the Chromecast sucks?

I love mine. It is used basically every single day that I use the TV and would hate to go back to TV without it. Without question, the Chromecast was the greatest addition to my entertainment center for the money I've ever made.

Why stream content from your phone with miracast if you can use Chromecast? Oh... I get it, BlackBerry can't do it, so it sucks. Is that what this is all about? No offense, but I don't understand why anyone would rather use miracast than the Chromecast if given the option to use either.

I have used both (stopped using laggy Miracast the day Chromecast arrived) and I can't think of any reason to use the older, suckier technology that is Miracast. Chromecast is cheaper to buy, better for the phone's battery life and does everything Miracast will accomplish with less lag, including screen mirroring.

So is there any reason why Chromecast sucks other than the lack of native support for BB10?
    mornhavon likes this.
    08-28-14 06:08 PM
    May I ask why you think the Chromecast sucks?

I love mine. It is used basically every single day that I use the TV and would hate to go back to TV without it. Without question, the Chromecast was the greatest addition to my entertainment center for the money I've ever made.

Why stream content from your phone with miracast if you can use Chromecast? Oh... I get it, BlackBerry can't do it, so it sucks. Is that what this is all about? No offense, but I don't understand why anyone would rather use miracast than the Chromecast if given the option to use either.

I have used both (stopped using laggy Miracast the day Chromecast arrived) and I can't think of any reason to use the older, suckier technology that is Miracast. Chromecast is cheaper to buy, better for the phone's battery life and does everything Miracast will accomplish with less lag, including screen mirroring.

So is there any reason why Chromecast sucks other than the lack of native support for BB10?
    First off they essentially do the exact same thing. Second off, if you have a cheap miracast device, that is why it's laggy. Mine works amazing. Even better after 10.3. And third if you have a good TV miracast is built in it.

I've used Chromecast with my tab 3 and itouch. It's horrible. Bottom line is my opinion stands and I don't care how you feel about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 11:01 PM
    First off they essentially do the exact same thing. Second off, if you have a cheap miracast device, that is why it's laggy. Mine works amazing. Even better after 10.3. And third if you have a good TV miracast is built in it.

I've used Chromecast with my tab 3 and itouch. It's horrible. Bottom line is my opinion stands and I don't care how you feel about it.

Posted via CB10
    How do you know if your TV supports it? I have a $5000 Samsung Smart TV 8000.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 11:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    They may end up doing the same things in the end, but Chromecast has something that make it far better than Miracast. Chromecast has a WiFi connection.

Miracast uses your device's internet connection. Miracast requires that your device is to be on at all times for streaming to work, Chromecast doesn't. So Chromecast uses far less of your device's battery life and it's WiFi connection enables far better streaming performance than any Miracast device I've ever tried.

They aren't the same thing. One is clearly better than the other. But hey, it is cool, some people just like retro and out dated technology. You must be one of them since you've got nothing to back up your opinion at all.

Maybe you just like draining your phone's battery life as quickly as possible. That's honestly the only thing that Miracast does better than Chromecast that I can think of, but it is cool man. Whatever makes ya happy.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    08-29-14 05:46 AM
    So now that the Shomi service is live, I've signed up for the free trial from Shaw.

I downloaded the Shomi app via Snap, installed it and it crashes on launch.

Any ideas? 10.2.something
    11-05-14 12:30 PM
    So now that the Shomi service is live, I've signed up for the free trial from Shaw.

I downloaded the Shomi app via Snap, installed it and it crashes on launch.

Any ideas? 10.2.something
    Send Rogers some angry emails and tweets. If this is supposed to be for Rogers customers, well they sell BB10 smartphones and expensive plans to go with them, so they'd better serve those customers. The least they could do is publish it on the Amazon app store.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:58 AM
    Don't care. Netflix #1. Works perfectly on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 12:10 PM
    Don't care. Netflix #1. Works perfectly on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, Netflix worked great on my Z30 and now on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 02:29 PM
    Canada is not an oligarchy like the USA so this will fail....err unn succedd?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:57 PM
    I just browsed the content last evening and I was not at all impressed with the TV series available. They had some movies I'd watch but not for $9/ month +tax. I could get it free if I upgrade my Data plan but that would cost even more.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:05 PM
    I watched the river, all 8 episodes, was a little choppy at times (shomi) via rogers, have 200 mps too. Not too impressed, long way to go

**UPDATE*** just watched matrix on my passport, no lag whatsoever so I guess it depends on what I watch and where

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1016
    11-06-14 09:08 PM
    Get Show Box off the Amazon App Store. Much better and it's free.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 06:26 AM
    I too cannot stand Rogers! First they Changed the Name of the Skydome then shows like American Horror Story exclusive to Rogers and Now this Showme! Ohhhhh I hate them!!

Posted via CB10
    Cody Salter likes this.
    11-09-14 07:36 AM
    Get Show Box off the Amazon App Store. Much better and it's free.

Posted via CB10
    Frankly amazed it's listed on the Amazon store. Is it the same one as so many of us downloaded directly?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 07:45 AM
    I stream all mine online. Free and easy

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 02:35 AM
    ....you're saying you've installed shomi on your passport and it works OK?
    12-04-14 01:43 PM
    Doesn't work on my passport

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:56 PM
    This is some info I received on Twitter:
    @shomihelps: @sling05 @RogersMichaelT BB10 app is on our radar to be added in the future but there is no specific date set for this yet. ^AB

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 02:46 AM
    All Rogers push is expensive I phones and plans anything to get your money in Their pocket .
    Send Rogers some angry emails and tweets. If this is supposed to be for Rogers customers, well they sell BB10 smartphones and expensive plans to go with them, so they'd better serve those customers. The least they could do is publish it on the Amazon app store.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 06:15 AM
    I suppose that's valid.. but there's a dozen easier ways to watch at home. Miracast is unwatchable for video.. i'm not one for leaving my phone plugged in to hdmi, I want it with me.. I'd use a tablet, a spare PC, a console or a set top box long before I used my phone to stream to my TV.. My opinion only of course.

Posted via CB10
    Well said. I get all excited when I find out my phone can do certain things like playing video via Miracast, Netflix, etc. But I have yet to actually do it. There are so many other ways that are more convenient.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-07-14 08:41 PM
    Great ,24 hrs of "coronation street".....thanks Rogers, I'll pass.

Sent from the device that works best for me using Tapatalk HD
    12-08-14 09:17 AM
68 123