10-07-13 03:49 PM
70 123
tools
    I worked for Sammy for a few years. They have no interest in bbry. They are at the top table, have massive resources and compete at a different level. This is just clutching at straws.
    Thanks sixpacker. I'll take that as an informed denial with a caveat that the denial only applies to BlackBerry because they are irrelevant. Nice one.
    10-04-13 12:33 AM
    And I really don't see what this has to do with BBRY, other than perhaps to wish that it had come out with a 2.3GHz quad core screamer with 3GB of RAM.
    Thank you JasW, that was perfect! Old news, no news, doesn't apply, BlackBerry let me down.
    10-04-13 12:39 AM
    Samsung is a morally disgusting company. Zero integrity. Zero.

(The latest news about the Note3 and S4 cheating in benchmarks is peanuts... Look at their history in Korea with bribery vandals, executives that go to jail, get pardoned and welcomed back to the company, sexual harassment, etc. etc.)

But Blackberry isn't really on their radar in the US. BB10 has failed on its own, and doesn't need Samsung's help. BB7 is another story however. It's popular and has huge marketshare in some African and Asian countries, where they're compete with Samsung's cheap Android cr*p.

This is where you'd see the local Samsung subsidiaries pull their dirty tricks on BBRY. Without a doubt.

Just like the intersection of culture and technology is in Apples corporate culture, and the enterprise and security is in Blackberrys corporate culture, so is competitive ruthlessness and complete absence of morals in Samsungs corporate culture.

Don't believe me? Not only is Samsung investing and operating facilities in one of the most oppressive regimes in the world: North Korea, when their own employees in South Korea get cancer because of the working conditions in Samsungs factory, they pretty much tell them to get bent:
    Cancer, Death and Samsung’s Semiconductor Factories The Three Wise Monkeys Magazine Archive
    And wherever Samsungs factories pop up around the globe, labor violations are sure to follow. Like in Brazil:
    Samsung Sued for $109 Million For Labor Violations in Amazon | Global Research
    10-04-13 02:50 AM
    Samsung is a morally disgusting company. Zero integrity. Zero.

(The latest news about the Note3 and S4 cheating in benchmarks is peanuts... Look at their history in Korea with bribery vandals, executives that go to jail, get pardoned and welcomed back to the company, sexual harassment, etc. etc.)

But Blackberry isn't really on their radar in the US. BB10 has failed on its own, and doesn't need Samsung's help. BB7 is another story however. It's popular and has huge marketshare in some African and Asian countries, where they're compete with Samsung's cheap Android cr*p.

This is where you'd see the local Samsung subsidiaries pull their dirty tricks on BBRY. Without a doubt.

Just like the intersection of culture and technology is in Apples corporate culture, and the enterprise and security is in Blackberrys corporate culture, so is competitive ruthlessness and complete absence of morals in Samsungs corporate culture.

Don't believe me? Not only is Samsung investing and operating facilities in one of the most oppressive regimes in the world: North Korea, when their own employees in South Korea get cancer because of the working conditions in Samsungs factory, they pretty much tell them to get bent:
    Cancer, Death and Samsung’s Semiconductor Factories The Three Wise Monkeys Magazine Archive
    And wherever Samsungs factories pop up around the globe, labor violations are sure to follow. Like in Brazil:
    Samsung Sued for $109 Million For Labor Violations in Amazon | Global Research
    Whatever makes you feel better to get you through this uncertain period. By the way, when is BBM launching on Samsung phones in Africa. I think this will help BlackBerry get some recognition in the market, just a little bit anyway. They sure do need it.
    10-04-13 03:13 AM
    That's why I never trusts Samsung!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 03:28 AM
    Hi Cat. I'm posting a link so that people may better understand the reference to "The Tipping Point" principle which you made earlier. The Wikipedia entry gives a clear summary of the principles at play here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tipping_PointMalcolm Gladwell - The Tipping Point

Z10 via CB10
    JakeTheCat likes this.
    10-04-13 05:00 AM
    Social Media (Marketing) Strategy is a big industry. If you talk to any vendor, they will tell you stuff about how to own the conversation and so on.. So, its not surprising that this is happening.

For IOS and Android, the user base of 50 + million BBs is huge in terms of potential customers. When markets are slowing in general and they are looking for the next growth window, this is a welcome opportunity. BlackBerry dead works well for these guys - imagine even 10 million out of the 50 million shifting platform in the next quarter.. So the incentive to do what the OP implied is there.

But that is not to take away the credit from BlackBerry management who really made the job simpler for these guys (if they really exist, and I suspect they do)...
    bennelong likes this.
    10-04-13 05:27 AM
    And you're nave enough to believe it doesn't occur? As a long time stalker and occasional poster, I'm able to think of a number of members that, as soon as I see their name, I know 100% that the accompanying post will be negative or condescending. Rarely do they cross the line into hard-core trolling, and often, the posts are even articulate and reasonable, but always negative in tone.

Off the top of my head, I can think of Richardat, NJBlackberry, Phillip DZ(new) and n8tep@ac, but there are many others.

Ask the question: Who would spend dozens (hundreds?) of hours on a forum posting hundreds and/or thousands of comments concerning a product or company that they obviously despise unless for nefarious reasons? My answers are: disgruntled employees, paid posters or those with 'issues'. Surely they are not posting as a public service; to save others from making the wrong choice of supporting a product they don't like?

Go ahead. Read the posting history of the names I listed. I bet you will not find a single positive, pro-product/pro-company, or otherwise positive post among them.....then answer the question.....What's their motivation?
    AND don't forget, I"m Reneebob, Qbnkelt, BobAuckland....and half a dozen others! believe you me, we get quite a paycheck from Samsung!

While people are going back through posts, they should go back through yours and note just how many times you go on about "haters" and 'trolls". Perhaps also see just how many of your posts contain actual substance and thoughtful discussion points vs. 2 or 3 lines of saracastic, bitter, and hateful singular comments, directed towards a variety of other posters, various websites, analysts, shorters etc etc... LOL

Hmmm....I wonder if the "negative" post are correlated with reality.... as opposed to the all "positive" posters.....(sigh...wonder....). Well I guess time will tell - we'll see how things go with BB10 right?

I have another challenge for you kcdist, how about we look at all your prognostications, and mine, put them all in a single post. Then we can see who was more accurate, and who mislead people. I welcome people to go back and read my commentaries about BB and it's future, and it's position in the market. WELCOME it. I stand by every single post! :-)
    Last edited by richardat; 10-04-13 at 07:11 AM.
    m1a1mg, CrackedBarry and Etios like this.
    10-04-13 06:55 AM
    . I stand by every single post! :-)
    I'm sure you do, Richard, I'm sure you do....

I would suggest, however, that the majority of posters originally come onto Crackberry to discuss, oh I dunno, phones, features, like or dislikes, problem solving, future products, etc. Essentially, they have a positive interest in the subject.

You and your ilk are unique in that you post exclusively in the negative. See someone getting too overzealous in their approval of a product?.....zing.....there's sure to be a post from one of you setting them straight and advise that it's really not that good. See someone posting some positive news or theories?.....zing.....there's sure to be a post explaining the situation is as bad or even worse than advertised.

That said, if you want to take the time to chime in on this post, answer the question: What's your motivation? Why would you, and others like you, spend countless hours, and in your case, generate thousands of posts, on a website devoted to a product and company that you have nothing but contempt for?

As I surmised earlier....either a disgruntled employee (which to be fair their could be a few of you), someone with 'issues', or someone being compensated by a third party. To keep things on topic.....the subject of this post is 'Shady Practices', and my thesis still stands: Crackberry.com is not immune to the practice of paid trolling.
    zyben and JakeTheCat like this.
    10-04-13 07:30 AM
    KCdist,

You're accusations were childish, unfounded, and ridiculous....and really, I believe, out of line, but I've just spend 20 min. reading back on your old posts though, and, I actually feel bad for you, sincerely. I think I understand why you've got all that emotion. You wanted to talk about, and openly make accusations about my "motivation", well, let's talk about yours:

I saw that you are an investor, and were raging about shorters in several posts....and people who didn't believe there was a shorter conspiracy as you claim. I saw that you couldn't believe anyone would short BB at 15$. Going back farther, I saw how you kept predicting big upturns after earnings reports, I saw how angry you were about estimates of sales, and how you were sure the analysts were stupid. I saw that your understanding of financials is poor (you chastised one poster a few months ago claiming that "sell through" always exceeded "shipped" for BB (!!).

Going back further, I saw you were overjoyed to make 15000$ in 2010, but then lost 50,000$ in 2011....and then in the same post....THIS:

"Call me naive, but I take RIM at their word. They have a seemingly wonderful new lineup of products, that are delayed into market by three or four months. As a result, their expected profitibility takes a hit for a couple of quarters. They STILL have plenty of cash in the bank. They STILL have advantages that other companies can only dream of. They are STILL making a quarterly profit that would make many large companies green with envy....

,,,,,Despite my haircut (and it hurts like ****), I re-established a position in RIM today. I believe, sooner or later, that Wall Street traders will take RIM the opposite direction. It will start with a positive story or two. A Reasonable and Rational look at the company and it's many strengths.

Unlike Nortel or Cisco, the business of RIM is relatively easy to understand. I have read all that there is to read and, without Rose Colored Glasses, still strongly believe in the story. A difficult few months will not destroy a story like RIM. I strongly believe that there is a purposeful negative agenda in full attack against RIM at the moment. Small issues are trumpeted as major issues. Major issues as apocalyptic ones. Exagerrations, half-truths and major innuendo added to the very real issues that do exist. I think it has been overdone, and hopefully, the market will soon reach the same consesus.

BRUTAL. You've taken a lot of hits. I get that, and I sympathize, but you're directing your anger and bitterness at the wrong people. None of US, did this to you. Yeah, I get that you're a conspiracy buff, and that you think the media, bloggers, analysts, and some of us CB'ers are all in on it....I don't suppose anything I could say will change that....but the TRUTH is, your accusations toward me, ARE FALSE. Flat out. You're accusing somebody of something completely false. That's a pretty lousy thing to do.

PS. The post where you gave a person - who you accused of being a "troll" - enumerated pointers....the first being that he should make sure his spelling and grammar are without error.....having now read many of your posts - are you kidding?? ;-)
    aniym, Eumaeus and Etios like this.
    10-04-13 07:47 AM
    I'm sure you do, Richard, I'm sure you do....

I would suggest, however, that the majority of posters originally come onto Crackberry to discuss, oh I dunno, phones, features, like or dislikes, problem solving, future products, etc. Essentially, they have a positive interest in the subject.

You and your ilk are unique in that you post exclusively in the negative. See someone getting too overzealous in their approval of a product?.....zing.....there's sure to be a post from one of you setting them straight and advise that it's really not that good. See someone posting some positive news or theories?.....zing.....there's sure to be a post explaining the situation is as bad or even worse than advertised.

That said, if you want to take the time to chime in on this post, answer the question: What's your motivation? Why would you, and others like you, spend countless hours, and in your case, generate thousands of posts, on a website devoted to a product and company that you have nothing but contempt for?

As I surmised earlier....either a disgruntled employee (which to be fair their could be a few of you), someone with 'issues', or someone being compensated by a third party. To keep things on topic.....the subject of this post is 'Shady Practices', and my thesis still stands: Crackberry.com is not immune to the practice of paid trolling.
    This is sick. Funny, I was just beginning to empathize with you.

I've actually openly, and in private with other posters, talked about my 'motivation", but I'm certainly not going to answer to you and your accusations.

I'm only going to say this once. On the grave of my mother who passed away several years ago, I have never worked for BB or any of it's competitors. I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever for posting here. So you know what.....no, I"m not going to say that....I'll just say: you're pathetic.
    Etios likes this.
    10-04-13 07:53 AM
    CB,

Sorry. I think this is the first time I've ever found a post so personally intrusive and anger-provoking - but that's probably - well not probably, obviously - that's what the OP wanted by calling me out by name.

Time to move on. Let's stick to real content and BB issues. :-)
    10-04-13 07:59 AM
    There must be someone else to blame. The media, Samsung, Apple, shorts, trolls, paid trolls. It is never to be laid at the feet of the management of the company.
    richardat and Etios like this.
    10-04-13 08:11 AM
    Struck a nerve did I Richard?

An Ad Hominem attack? Really?

This is what I wrote:

"I'm able to think of a number of members that, as soon as I see their name, I know 100% that the accompanying post will be negative or condescending. Rarely do they cross the line into hard-core trolling, and often, the posts are even articulate and reasonable, but always negative in tone."

And this is what you wrote:

"but the TRUTH is, your accusations toward me, ARE FALSE. Flat out. You're accusing somebody of something completely false. That's a pretty lousy thing to do."

I simply made an accurate observation based on reading your posts on an ongoing basis. Then I queried what the motivations could be, and I even offered a few suggestions. However, based on the subject of this thread, I still believe that Crackberry.com is not immune to paid trolling. Realistically, nothing else makes a whole lot of sense for someone willing to spend hundreds of hours making thousands of posts degrading a company and product they despise.

However, Richard, you stated, on your mother's grave, that your aren't compensated. Fair enough. That would place you in with my third guess: Posters with 'issues'.

Bottom line Richard, I believe you, and posters like you, are a cancer to this site. I buy Blackberry phones for both personal and business use. Do you? I generally enjoy their product offerings. Do you? I want them to succeed as a company. Do you? I, or my family and business, have purchased hundreds of dollars of product from the Crackberry.com site, thus supporting this website. Have you?

Finally if you really want to use the term pathetic......my definition of pathetic as it relates to Crackberry.com is someone who has made over 1,800 posts in slightly more than a year, commenting on a product and company that, based on their comments, they clearly hold in contempt. Not much else going on in your life, methinks.....
    Last edited by kcdist; 10-04-13 at 09:30 AM.
    zyben and JakeTheCat like this.
    10-04-13 08:55 AM
    Thanks for your comments Richard. You became very passionate and the only times I've ever seen anyone get so defensive is when that person feels they have something to defend. So what is it you are defending? Are you short the stock then?

Sorry. I think this is the first time I've ever found a post so personally intrusive and anger-provoking - but that's probably - well not probably, obviously - that's what the OP wanted by calling me out by name.
    kcdist and zyben like this.
    10-04-13 10:23 AM
    There must be someone else to blame. The media, Samsung, Apple, shorts, trolls, paid trolls. It is never to be laid at the feet of the management of the company.
    Thank you m1amg. I think you were being sarcastic, in which case what you're saying is that... there is a mole! Any shady practices directed towards BlackBerry comes from BlackBerry management themselves!?! I don't think that's what you meant so I'll interpret your comment as a denial.
    10-04-13 10:31 AM
    Thank you m1amg. I think you were being sarcastic, in which case what you're saying is that... there is a mole! Any shady practices directed towards BlackBerry comes from BlackBerry management themselves!?! I don't think that's what you meant so I'll interpret your comment as a denial.
    The point that m1amg is missing is there are a vast number of factors that are contributing to Blackberry's current difficulties - not just management. I do believe that the majority of the blame falls on management decisions, however, I also believe that there were also external forces that came into play - some overt and some covert.

I believe the massive contractual iPhone purchases forced on the U.S. carriers helped play a role in the lack of sales and marketing support Blackberry received. I also believe that negative perception held by carrier sales people helped steer a lot of people away from Blackberry products. As far as how that negative perception was formed.....multiple reasons, included Blackberry missteps....however, one of the main reasons, I contend, is the massive media pile-on against Blackberry that's been constant for the four years that I've closely followed the story.

Some of the negative Media stories are no doubt innocent and legitimate, however.....and this goes back to the original subject of the threat.....some were very likely produced as a result of financial incentives.....either from the financial markets or from the competitors.

As I mentioned earlier, Kevin was even e-mailed a few years back by a company that was offering to assist journalists in writing negative Blackberry stories. Somebody had to be paying for that......
    zyben likes this.
    10-04-13 11:09 AM
    Thanks for your comments Richard. You became very passionate and the only times I've ever seen anyone get so defensive is when that person feels they have something to defend. So what is it you are defending? Are you short the stock then?
    I don't think Richard was neither defensive nor overtly emotional. He was puzzled by kcdist's accusations and motivation for for stirring up a little witch hunt ("let's find the mole!") and looked into it.

And what he found was a poster who have consistently been wrong and misinformed, who berated other posters, and who believed in BBRYs managements lies and empty promises. As a consequence he lost 50000$. Probably even more.

That is a very bitter pill to swallow.

Blaming management is admitting you were wrong, and blaming yourself is painful. S what to do?

You find a scapegoat: Trolls, "shorts" and a conspiracy led by competitors.

Now is it impossible that a grand coalition of "shorts" and Samsung came together to infiltrate Crackberry? Is Richard a paid mole?

I suppose its possible. Samsung is a completely a moral company like I mentioned.
    But it's unrealistic. Why? Cause its completely unnecessary.

Blackberrys management was more than incompetent all by itself, to bring the company down. Outside infiltration was unnecessary.

People have been warning about what has happened for years. If you look back at posts from a year or two ago, most things happened exactly as people predicted and warned about.
    richardat and Etios like this.
    10-04-13 11:16 AM
    @ Crackedbarry.....

Naw....you're being to complex...I've lost money on BBRY trades, and also made money. My big hit was back in 2011-ish when BBRY made an earning announcement and I had just taken a large call position. Since then, I did very well in the run up from $6 last year up to the announcement of the Z10.....all in all, I'm in the black on BBRY....can't say that about all my picks though. Buy, hey....thanks for caring! At least I still had enough $$$ to buy 3 Z5's recently, as pictured on one of my more recent posts.

That said, the premise of this thread is very simple. OP linked to a story that implicated Samsung in spreading negative stories about their competition. I agreed that Blackberry has also likely been on the receiving end of some of these types of shenanigans. I also believe that Crackberry.com, as the largest English language Blackberry fan website, has also likely been subjected to negative posting with less than honorable intentions.

That's all. Very simple. I'm not bitter about it....nor am I bitter about Blackberry's current situation.

However, I wish the posters who have nothing positive to contribute, ever, would finally go away. Not that there's anything wrong with the occasional negative comments (as you can find in my posting history!!), but......well not to beat a dead horse, but you get the picture...right?

......Egads. I believe I just wasted my time on this post. Just had a look at some of Crackedberry's 1200 posts....not a single positive comment towards Blackberry in the sample I read....but plenty of posts putting people in their place.

So Crackedberry. Whats your motivation for being a prolific, anti-Blackberry poster? Nothing better to do?
    Last edited by kcdist; 10-04-13 at 11:49 AM. Reason: final paragraph
    10-04-13 11:36 AM
    I believe the massive contractual iPhone purchases forced on the U.S. carriers helped play a role in the lack of sales and marketing support Blackberry received.
    So U.S. carriers were "forced" into contracts? How does that work, exactly?
    10-04-13 02:40 PM
    Woah... this thread disappeared on me LOL.

Off-topic question: if Richardat has been spot on with his prognostications, how does that hurt BBRY?
    richardat likes this.
    10-04-13 02:43 PM
    So U.S. carriers were "forced" into contracts? How does that work, exactly?
    in order for"carriers"to get the iphones,they had to pay ransom money to apple!!!apple would get paid even if the phones never sold.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-04-13 02:49 PM
    All the years ive been on crackberry, the last 6 months have been the worst on this forum for all the BB haters.....
    10-04-13 02:55 PM
    in order for"carriers"to get the iphones,they had to pay ransom money to apple!!!apple would get paid even if the phones never sold.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like good business to me. I doubt any phone manufacturer would turn that type of power down.

There was time BBRY wielded power too.
    Eumaeus and Etios like this.
    10-04-13 02:57 PM
    Clever, except you forget the part where the carriers were "forced" to sign those contracts, which was the genesis of my question. Or, more to the point, if carriers can be forced to buy devices, why hasn't BBRY done some forcing of its own? You know. . . "Take these Z10s. . .or else." It could work, right?
    10-04-13 02:58 PM
70 123