10-16-15 09:25 AM
165 ... 567
tools
    Chen, you have an obligation to the shareholders to make them money, but not an obligation to publicly inform them to the nth detail of future plans, ultimatums, and contingencies. This gets communicated to customers and competitors in the same breath. Communicate this crap to the board of directors and end it there.

Seriously, Chen must be deliberately trying to tank the handset business.

Here's his message: We've failed with our other phones, but let's try this Google phone thingy. Not sure how it works. It's the best we could do. It's not as good as Blackphone, but...oh well, someday it could be. Too bad if we don't sell 5 million of these we'll never find out. Come purchase our new pricey phone that will not be supported after we exit the handset business soon.

Good grief! Stick with a business end and let the folks you pay good money handle the PR and media.

So pissed...Looks like my passport will have to last a while...

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 04:49 PM
    el Ceo nos hizo Verga en la estrevista de the Verge!! tenia que mostrar mas al priv y hablar mas de sus cualidades, en cambio me parece que hablo en contra de los intereses de la compaia, ahora aunque no me guste y no este de acuerdo, tendre y asi sera pero bajo protesta, apoyar a nuestra amada marca BLACKBERRY en el lanzamientos de el ya tan sonado PRIV.
    10-11-15 07:00 PM
    The BlackPhone became known as the locked-down phone that*supposedly*got hacked in just 5 minutes.

And Chen thinks that BlackPhone security is superior to Knox? What a weirdo.

Posted via CB10
    If you watched the full interview Chen stated that the Privs security is on par with Knox which Blackberry partnered with Samsung to integrate into BES12 and the Blackphone which is not available commercially could "claim they have better or the same security than us" He did not say the Blackphone is superior only that Blackphone is making that claim.
    Remeber it was the Blackphone CEO who was trash talking Blackberry and made some bold claims about how superior PrivateOS was over BB10. That infamous Blackhat conference sure created a PR nightmare for that CEO when the Blackphone was rooted in under five minutes.
    10-11-15 08:13 PM
    If you watched the full interview Chen stated that the Privs security is on par with Knox which Blackberry partnered with Samsung to integrate into BES12 and the Blackphone which is not available commercially could "claim they have better or the same security than us" He did not say the Blackphone is superior only that Blackphone is making that claim.
    Remeber it was the Blackphone CEO who was trash talking Blackberry and made some bold claims about how superior PrivateOS was over BB10. That infamous Blackhat conference sure created a PR nightmare for that CEO when the Blackphone was rooted in under five minutes.
    While I initially criticized Chen's comments after seeing them in print only, I can understand them differently, now, after having watched the video.

I agree with you in thinking(judging from his voice tone) he wasn't, necessarily, advertisement for Blackphone. Rather, he seemed to just be stating, "Yes, this is what the makers of Blackphone claim." Also, I liked the part where he expressed his hope of being able to influence Google in Android development.

These are interesting times. I look forward to seeing how this all unfolds.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    10-11-15 11:25 PM
    el Ceo nos hizo Verga en la estrevista de the Verge!! tenia que mostrar mas al priv y hablar mas de sus cualidades, en cambio me parece que hablo en contra de los intereses de la compaia, ahora aunque no me guste y no este de acuerdo, tendre y asi sera pero bajo protesta, apoyar a nuestra amada marca BLACKBERRY en el lanzamientos de el ya tan sonado PRIV.
    I agree.
    10-12-15 03:55 AM
    You fail to realize that the Priv is an android phone, and since android is not so great when it comes to security as BB10, then Blackberry can only make it as secure as it's possible for Android. So basically he was telling the truth, that the Priv is just as secure as Knox. So what is wrong with that? If he was comparing Knox to BB10 OS then he would of said BB10 is superior to Knox hands down like he stated may times before. Unfortunately many people are too stupid to see that and didn't buy BB10 and bought Android instead. So here we are people asking for superior security on Android( which is not possible) whereas they would of had it on BB10 platform but nobody bought into it. Also to his credit, but i guess you didn't listen he said that they incorporated new security features into the Priv. which i would be willing to bet will make the priv very secure all things considered. As far as JC being fired, not in your dreams,JC is BB CEO for the foreseeable future. It's sink or swim with JC.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-12-15 08:38 AM
    Unfortunately many people are too stupid to see that and didn't buy BB10 and bought Android instead.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-12-15 12:23 PM
    I don't care about BlackBerry. I care about BB10.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-12-15 03:10 PM
    10-13-15 04:26 AM
    Fabulous, I can hardly wait.

Wonder if he'll praise Blackphone and Samsung again?

Wait... If amateur hour isn't over, does that mean my Playbook will get BB10 at last?

Gets popcorn and beer ready...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-13-15 07:44 AM
    I have felt annoyed by Chen speaking for ever without saying ANYthing; this time however, he gave a good advice to everyone: "Buy a Blackphone, it's more secure than a BlackBerry"

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 09:21 AM
    You guys are so pathetically pessimistic.

Chen was saying Android is not as secure as bb10 but the ultra secure market is tiny. Within the relative scale of Android only the Samsung WITH Knox is as secure as the slider and the Blackphone can say they are just as good or better. Chen has to uptalk Samsung with Knox cuz BlackBerry is a business partner with Samsung to secure Knox. If people buy a knox, BlackBerry makes $.

The Blackphone probably isn't a big seller but regardless Chen has to champion other secure phones cuz he is in that business.

Meanwhile, the balance of the Android market (Sony, LG, motorola, oneplusone, huwaei, HTC, etc.) sucks at security, so Chen is saying look at BlackBerry.

So there.

I agree the Priv name is terrible. So all is not rosy.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks dude. Some really need to cheer up a bit... :-)

  Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)  
    10-16-15 07:30 AM
    In reality, unlike Apple's Tim Cook, John Chen doesn't represent the BlackBerry brand to the average consumer. What Chen says to the media today doesn't matter at all. What will make the difference is a clever marketing campaign.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, the problem is BlackBerry doesn't even know the existence of the word 'marketing'.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 09:18 AM
    Most likely being focus to an obsession in software he doesn't know how. Haven't they fired all the the hardware and developers relations anyway
    Posted via CB10
    Yes. The guy managing the developer website is now the top developer relations guy. They have fired everyone. Those of us with developer ties to BlackBerry saw the end of BB10 development last year.
    10-16-15 09:23 AM
    Hire Donald Trump as spokesperson! Couldn't do any WORSE than Chen!!
    LMAO!!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 09:25 AM
165 ... 567