09-20-13 08:13 AM
42 12
tools
    With rumors and speculation increasing with regards to the September 18 "mystery event" in Malaysia, I wanted to inject some logic and help set expectations from my point of view.

Firstly, the good news:
    BlackBerry will announce something.

You don't call the press to an event when you have nothing to say. Clearly there's something they want to announce. From the invite, it's clear it's unrelated to financial announcements or company movements. It seems clearly product or services based. So three cheers for new stuff, because it's clear something *will* be announced.

Now, the key point:
    Don't get your hopes up.

The best recipe for disappointment is to expect something big only to be greeted with something small. We simply don't know what BlackBerry plans to show or announce and it certainly may not live up to the expectations of some people on these forums - especially those who are hoping there will be multiple announcements on that day.

Let me spell it out for you. There might not be any announcement relating to hardware whatsoever.

So let's not let our minds run away. Historically, BlackBerry move slowly and steadily. Let's keep our expectations in check.

I, like many of you, will be watching closely to see exactly what is announced on September 18 - but please, don't get your hopes up yet
    Thamilan_AllStar likes this.
    09-15-13 10:32 PM
    With rumors and speculation increasing with regards to the September 18 "mystery event" in Malaysia, I wanted to inject some logic and help set expectations from my point of view.

Firstly, the good news:
    BlackBerry will announce something.

You don't call the press to an event when you have nothing to say. Clearly there's something they want to announce. From the invite, it's clear it's unrelated to financial announcements or company movements. It seems clearly product or services based. So three cheers for new stuff, because it's clear something *will* be announced.

Now, the key point:
    Don't get your hopes up.

The best recipe for disappointment is to expect something big only to be greeted with something small. We simply don't know what BlackBerry plans to show or announce and it certainly may not live up to the expectations of some people on these forums - especially those who are hoping there will be multiple announcements on that day.

Let me spell it out for you. There might not be any announcement relating to hardware whatsoever.

So let's not let our minds run away. Historically, BlackBerry move slowly and steadily. Let's keep our expectations in check.

I, like many of you, will be watching closely to see exactly what is announced on September 18 - but please, don't get your hopes up yet
    Everything I've read is the finance announcements

Sent from my HTC One
    09-15-13 10:39 PM
    Them will announce BBM for Android and iOS.. also announce the new product BlackBerry Z30 for the next upcoming model..

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    09-15-13 10:42 PM
    I hope it's BBM launch cross platform and hell why not the z30 too?!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 10:50 PM
    FIRST OFF there is A LOT of ignorance in this forums and I really hate to be the party pooper but...

BLACKBERRY WOULD MOST LIKELY LAUNCH THE NEW CURVE 9720

Honestly what makes you think they will make such a low key move and send announcements only for certain people and not the important people of the media??? Please lock this thread

Posted via CB10
    itsyaboy likes this.
    09-15-13 10:52 PM
    BlackBerry will announce that they are changing their name back to Research in Motion.

Posted via CB10
    Air Force One and DS1331 like this.
    09-15-13 10:54 PM
    I don't see the point for calling a press conference for anything other then BBM, which I think is a waste of a press conference. Anything else can wait until BlackBerry Jam which is in late September.
    09-15-13 10:59 PM
    FIRST OFF there is A LOT of ignorance in this forums and I really hate to be the party pooper but...

BLACKBERRY WOULD MOST LIKELY LAUNCH THE NEW CURVE 9720

Honestly what makes you think they will make such a low key move and send announcements only for certain people and not the important people of the media??? Please lock this thread

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it's the Q5 launch for those markets???

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    09-15-13 11:05 PM
    Maybe it's the Q5 launch for those markets???

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    It definitely will include BBM

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:12 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Seriously can't wait for bbm cross platform....and 10.2!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:20 PM
    It's a BBM only event. They need a better event to launch the Z30. Jam Asia is perfect for that.
    09-16-13 07:22 AM
    I don't see the point for calling a press conference for anything other then BBM, which I think is a waste of a press conference. Anything else can wait until BlackBerry Jam which is in late September.
    Let's not skew this further by calling it a press conference which is not. A press conference means one intended to make major announcement. This is a regional event contained within the local BlackBerry community. It's intended to be low key. I'm inclined to go with the launch of 9720 and nothing bigger than BBM cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:43 AM
    With respect to setting expectations, why would they make a company-wide announcement from Asia-Pac ? This seems to me to be something of local interest and is probably carrier relatated.

Then again who knows, maybe they'll announce Blackberry's been sold to Samsung !
    09-16-13 08:04 AM
    They'll announce something with "Coming Soon " in their statement.

Posted via CB10
    Admorris likes this.
    09-16-13 10:30 PM
    The real question is...will anyone actually show up?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    09-17-13 02:54 PM
    BBM event!
    09-17-13 02:58 PM
    I think all the matters is BlackBerry will announce somethin... let it surprise you not worry what it will be..

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    09-17-13 04:20 PM
    BlackBerry will be put offline complete tomorrow
    Last edited by Asmooh; 09-18-13 at 03:59 AM.
    lc474 likes this.
    09-17-13 04:21 PM
    The 9720. BlackBerry Jam is next week.. they're prolly gonna wait till next week to release BBM and the Z30. And if we're lucky enough.. 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 04:48 PM
    I think at this point no one cares what blackberry does anymore. They throw us to wolves by staying; we are for SALES.
    09-17-13 05:00 PM
    The real question is...will anyone actually show up?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    I ll be there helping a friend doing media coverage. will report here with live images later

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-17-13 06:00 PM
    BlackBerry will announce BBM cross platform.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    09-17-13 06:05 PM
    I say it will be BBM cross platform. If they are going to announce 10.2 or the z30, I believe that would be at their much larger event....BlackBerry Jam Asia.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 06:06 PM
    Too bad its the 18th. Too bad its this week.

Media mindshare likely to be elsewhere.
    09-17-13 08:12 PM
    Devices like 9720 don't garner this much attention. It's going to be something else and ill risk getting my hopes up. I'm a big boy and can handle it lol.

Sent from my HTC One running PlayBook 3.0
    09-17-13 08:21 PM
42 12