08-28-14 09:54 PM
278 ... 101112
tools
    Looks to me from reading this thread that I'm just the latest in a line of people that have debunked your claims of how privacy on the internet really works and what the true risks are. And every time it happens your predictable response has been to get angry and indignant. If it makes you that upset then please by all means, continue residing in your false sense of security if that's what makes you feel safe. It's no loss to me. Just as you have expressed in your own words a desire to tell others about their privacy practices, I'm merely expressing a desire to warn people about listening to facts instead of hyperbole.

When you manage to present some actual facts rather than spreading fear/uncertainty/doubt with unproven and unfounded claims, I'll be more than happy to listen. So far that has yet to happen.
    Believe what you want. I know I sleep well at night because of the precautions I take and the things I don't participate in to keep my privacy. Sounds like you don't think it's that bad out there. Just keep believing that and you will be just fine.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    08-28-14 08:58 PM
    BGR now reporting Google locationhistory storage. They even say that the data is stored on their servers. For those that disabled and deleted it on their phones, there's an extra step to delete it on their servers, For those who didn't believe me that most of my friends weren't aware either, it's a front page featrured post. Most people are furious about this.

Google Maps Location Tracking: How to opt out of location tracking | BGR

Check out the comments from our Blackberry friends:
    Attachment 294259
    This is news to you? I hate to break it to you but even people barely into these tech communities have known that Google has offered their services for free in exchange for data/ads for years. Anyone running around by now yelling "OMG look what Google is doing" is really behind in their tech news. Or just trying to stir up hype. Did you seriously think Google was just offering highly developed mapping apps and services as charity? If so than you have an interesting way of looking at the business world.
    Believe what you want. I know I sleep well at night because of the precautions I take and the things I don't participate in to keep my privacy. Sounds like you don't think it's that bad out there. Just keep believing that and you will be just fine.
    Following your way of looking at these things is a little too Alex Jones for my style. Of course Google makes money by collecting data and selling anonymous info from that. But they lay it out. It's not some secretive nefarious plot. And it's old news. Not sure why a couple of you are trying to imply it is. There's no basis for it. You have no basis for it. Not one single shred of evidence that anything really personal about you is being shared in a non anonymous manner. And if you really expected that Google spent hundreds of millions of dollars on research, wages, and infrastructure just so you could use Maps for free all these years, I don't even know where to begin to respond to that.
    08-28-14 09:44 PM
    Alright, enough fun here boys and girls. Everyone's made their point.
    lift likes this.
    08-28-14 09:54 PM
278 ... 101112