08-28-14 09:54 PM
278 123 ...
tools
    From this article :

See What Google Knows About My Location - Business Insider

You can supposedly see all the places Google has tracked you using this link: https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0

For me it shows nothing, but for my Android wielding friends, it shows disturbingly detailed maps.

I'd like to see what other BlackBerry users get,.. especially those that have used Android/iOS in the recent past.

Kinda geeky ,.. but also pretty creepy !

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, lift, howarmat and 14 others like this.
    08-14-14 02:09 AM
    Why do I have to sign in? Isn't that obviously going to disclose my location?

Blackberry z30 OS 10.3.0.700
    lift likes this.
    08-14-14 03:12 AM
    That's creepy. I have an Android phone from work so this doesn't show everywhere I've been, as I don't carry that phone with me at all times, but it has accurate times and locations for when I do. No sir, I don't like it... not one bit.

I just read the article posted as well so turned off location history and deleted all prior history. Thanks for posting this.
    08-14-14 05:22 AM
    Well, I took the plunge and signed in and lo and behold, no record for the past 30 days. So this brings me to ask, how do they get the data because I've got a Gmail account which I use regularly.

08-14-14 05:37 AM
    Well, I took the plunge and signed in and lo and behold, no record for the past 30 days. So this brings me to ask, how do they get the data because I've got a Gmail account which I use regularly.

You've probably gone into the dashboard at some point and ticked the privacy options. They rely on people not bothering.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 05:38 AM
    Why do I have to sign in? Isn't that obviously going to disclose my location?

Disclose?
    Probably, but you would (officially at least) have to have locations services enabled, right?

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-14-14 05:38 AM

It seems to be from Android phones, not using their desktop services. I went back a few months to before I got that work phone and there was nothing, just the tracking of the device.
    08-14-14 05:52 AM
    It's okay if Google knows where I am. Hahahahaha
    08-14-14 05:57 AM
    You've probably gone into the dashboard at some point and ticked the privacy options. They rely on people not bothering.

Posted via CB10
    Nope I don't even know where to do that
    08-14-14 06:03 AM
    Disclose?
    Probably, but you would (officially at least) have to have locations services enabled, right?

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    I always have my location turned on, on my z30
    08-14-14 06:04 AM
    It seems to be from Android phones, not using their desktop services. I went back a few months to before I got that work phone and there was nothing, just the tracking of the device.
    I'm going to click the link now from the pc and see if anything comes up
    08-14-14 06:05 AM
    I'm going to click the link now from the pc and see if anything comes up
    Just did and still nada. Not even showing my current location.
    08-14-14 06:08 AM
    Guess I'm invisible
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-14-14 06:08 AM
    Just did and still nada. Not even showing my current location.
    That's because the location services on BlackBerry don't report to Google. Just because you are using Gmail on your phone, doesn't mean that they are tracking location.

Posted via CB10
    aminrajabi likes this.
    08-14-14 06:29 AM
    That's because the location services on BlackBerry don't report to Google. Just because you are using Gmail on your phone, doesn't mean that they are tracking location.

Posted via CB10
    Okay. Agreed. How about it not tracking when I use the mail from the PC?
    08-14-14 06:34 AM
    Okay. Agreed. How about it not tracking when I use the mail from the PC?
    No idea. I use some Google stuff on my pc but there is no locations saved so the site shown seems to be mobile and that's it.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 06:50 AM
    No idea. I use some Google stuff on my pc but there is no locations saved so the site shown seems to be mobile and that's it.

Posted via CB10
    Okay. Thanks.
    08-14-14 06:55 AM

Yea I couldn't find any data either for the last 180 days and I use gmail and google maps all the time, i have an iPhone is that means anything.
    08-14-14 07:06 AM
    I always have my location turned on, on my z30
    Having location turned on alone doesn't trip it. Android devices have Location Reporting and Location History options as well. You have to turn those two options on for it to track your movements.
    08-14-14 07:20 AM
    Having location turned on alone doesn't trip it. Android devices have Location Reporting and Location History options as well. You have to turn those two options on for it to track your movements.
    NO. Those two options are turned on by default on android phones!
    08-14-14 07:25 AM
    No wonder NSA loves android and iphones and hates on BlackBerry. The growing evidence is getting more sickening.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-14-14 07:41 AM
    Oh noes! I travel around the city and countryside wearing a Guy Fawkes mask because I don't want the millions of CCTV cameras everywhere watching and recording me, and now this! Doom! Doom!
    08-14-14 07:50 AM
    No they aren't! Why make a blanket statement like that? Do you have any idea how many different Android phones there are out in the world? Is my OnePlus One a Android phone? I would say yes, well it doesn't have those two options turned on by default. So obviously you must be incorrect. It may be on by default on some Android phones, but not all.

BTW, I checked both of my google accounts and neither one have any location history. I use the same two accounts on multiple Android devices.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to view all of the data BlackBerry collects from us? I know they are collecting data since even their TOS says so. I would be interested in seeing that info if possible.
    08-14-14 07:51 AM
    I actually just turned those two options off on my nexus after reading this thread.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    MarsupilamiX and lift like this.
    08-14-14 07:54 AM
    I actually just turned those two options off on my nexus after reading this thread.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Do you have any location tracking history at that link?

I've never checked those options on or off from my G3 (activated by Verizon prior to me taking it), yet I still don't have any tracking history for my accounts. Makes no sense because I have used Google Maps on both my devices with both of my accounts signed in yet I've got nada to show for it.

It seems like it is actually harder to get your location tracked on that site than it is to prevent it.
    08-14-14 08:06 AM
278 123 ...