Symantec released a report describing a growing concern with BYOD policies. There is real risk of sharing corporate data because people allow their device to be used by their kids or friends and download apps. It seems BES 10 would solve all this. Moreover, I have also read reports of Pakistan banning all Skype, vibe, and whatsapp communication over security concerns. It seems this would be solved by BBM.

People are so concerned about security and yet few seem interested in the security that BlackBerry, BBM and BES provides. I just don't get it...

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and rav813 like this.
    10-03-13 02:00 PM
    Unfortunately the trend is moving that way.
    I've fought it as long as I could at my agency but I've lost. We are likely to go to iOS soon, although not BYOD.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    10-03-13 02:44 PM
    No self -proclaimed expert. So, JMHO. It depends on who you ask about security, what they are using their smartphones for, the company they work for: A corporate Manager for Dunkin Donuts may not need the same level of security as someone working for the legislature, various levels of law enforcement, or the gov't. Then, these type of articles add to doubt and speculation how much security is enough, or what's the next best smartphone for those that have written off BlackBerry:
    How Secure is BlackBerry? , Make the switch from BlackBerry to iOS and Android , Mobile Security: iOS vs. Android vs. BlackBerry vs. Windows Phones. If the articles cause the right people to think about why use Brand X when we can get deals and the carriers are covertly (- winks/nods) letting us know that Brand B or C is what your staff should be using- whether you supply it or make it policy to use the other choices if you want to use your own (BYOD) for work.....internal policies change to fit the need.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-03-13 02:50 PM
    Security is a problem, especially for small business companies.It is not a major factor to them especially when it comes down to their budget. They are willing to take a chance with devices that are geared for consumer use and in a means to save money.
    10-03-13 03:06 PM
    Symantec released a report describing a growing concern with BYOD policies. There is real risk of sharing corporate data because people allow their device to be used by their kids or friends and download apps. It seems BES 10 would solve all this. Moreover, I have also read reports of Pakistan banning all Skype, vibe, and whatsapp communication over security concerns. It seems this would be solved by BBM.

People are so concerned about security and yet few seem interested in the security that BlackBerry, BBM and BES provides. I just don't get it...

Posted via CB10

Symantec reported didn't say anything about BES10 I bet. Symantec has their own MDM solution, which is why this issued the report. There is a small niche where security is the prime factor in choosing a mobile platform. And there are plenty of people trying to get their foot into that niche.

Pakistan is banning Skype and several other social networks because police find them harder to monitor than regular mobile networks. With BlackBerry they can simple get a warrant and get the info they need from users that have BIS accounts. What's really telling is that even the terrorist have moved on from the security of BlackBerry....
    10-03-13 03:09 PM