Some people who have followed BBRY for a while may remember this investigation. Well it is nice to hear that something has finally resulted from it. For those who suspected something shaddy was going on, it appears they may on been correct. Here's the article:

Boston firm Detwiler Fenton at center of criminal case over Blackberry sales data - Boston Business Journal
    raino, dbiv5445 and lactose like this.
    02-26-15 04:39 PM
    I absolutely remember this. And how this information was quoted here on CB by the BlackBury crew as gospel.
    02-26-15 04:49 PM
    It is sad that a COO for $2K/mnth would risk so much. It's almost the same in most spy (or insider) cases that the payout seems pitiful to the risk but yet they still do it.
    02-26-15 04:50 PM
    "And know one is conspiring against blackberry".

f I had a share short for every time I heard that poo pooed here.

Posted via CB10
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    02-26-15 06:05 PM
    It doesn't say the information he was selling is false...it just says blackberry claimed it was false.

Seven percent in one day?

Come on.

Blackberry was doing that all by themselves EVERY day back then!

I expect there has been SOME manipulation of the stock, however. Blackberry's decision-making frankly makes them an easy target for it.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    02-26-15 06:54 PM
    It doesn't say the information he was selling is false...it just says blackberry claimed it was false.

Seven percent in one day?

Come on.

Blackberry was doing that all by themselves EVERY day back then!

I expect there has been SOME manipulation of the stock, however. Blackberry's decision-making frankly makes them an easy target for it.
    I don't remember the specifics but it was being reported that there were more returns than actual sales. If true then the numbers were being skewed.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:23 PM
    Yes. In 15 days, BlackBerry was de-listed after tanking their stock themselves, don't you guys remember?

Blaming the victim: brilliant.
    02-26-15 09:58 PM
    Yes. In 15 days, BlackBerry was de-listed after tanking their stock themselves, don't you guys remember?

Blaming the victim: brilliant.
    Yeah. Because six straight years of doing almost nothing right had any effect whatsoever on the stock price.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    techvisor likes this.
    02-26-15 10:05 PM
    Unfortunately this BS happens all the time on wall street and it's the main reason why short selling should be outlawed.

Loving my Passport!
    02-27-15 04:04 AM
    I absolutely remember this. And how this information was quoted here on CB by the BlackBury crew as gospel.

No where does it say the information was not correct. Just that it was illegally obtained. There was a rebooting issue.

BlackBerry hates America!
    02-27-15 07:19 AM