11-26-13 09:59 PM
32 12
tools
    Since everyone here seems so against Google and their "data mining", thought to post this here.

Shop Scroogled | Microsoft Store

Microsoft is now selling Scroogled items hah!
    11-21-13 12:40 PM
    Hilarious products!
    11-21-13 12:47 PM
    Lol wow

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:01 PM
    OMFG that's so funny it's almost liable!!!
    Ha!
    11-21-13 04:02 PM
    I kinda like some of tshirts desing lol

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:04 PM
    OMFG that's so funny it's almost liable!!!
    Ha!
    liable to be...libel?
    11-21-13 04:07 PM
    And they think MS is old and stuffy....

They might have learned somthing from those MAC vs PC ads.
    11-21-13 04:23 PM
    liable to be...libel?
    Lol

Say didn't BlackBerry get folk to dress up in black and drive a bus down to an apple store, or something?

Good grief it's on!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:24 PM
    Okay, that's awesome.

Posted via my Z30.
    11-21-13 08:33 PM
    Awesome. Want the mug. Everyone likes a feisty marketing campaign

Posted via CB10
    eldricho, Etios and kevets like this.
    11-21-13 10:32 PM
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/21/5...h-witty-retort

"Microsoft's latest venture comes as no surprise; competition in the wearables space really is heating up,"
    Brilliant response.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    11-21-13 11:48 PM
    LOL I want one of those t-shirts

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 12:46 AM
    Nice one, MS!

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1803
    11-22-13 02:11 AM
    Stupid campaign. I expect better from Microsoft. This is cringe worthy. I wouldn't be surprised if they stop selling these soon. Just wait till someone higher up in the chain of command sees this.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    11-25-13 02:59 AM
    Don't hold your breath in hopes this campaign goes away. The higher ups are well aware, the campaign gets frequent exposure on the company's main employee website. Personally I think it's pretty funny.
    eldricho, pcguy514, Etios and 2 others like this.
    11-25-13 09:40 AM
    I love the MS commercials. All of them. They are funny.
    11-25-13 09:44 AM
    Ima buy a coffee mug and a t-shirt lol
    That **** is mad cool

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 09:52 AM
    Looks like M$ is starting to learn after being on the wrong end of these ad campaigns a few times lol. I actually went to school with one of the guys there that's modeling one of the hoodies and shirts. He's a Microsoft employee.
    11-26-13 01:06 AM
    It shows Microsoft have too much $$$$$ haha

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 01:30 AM
    This is going to get REALLY funny once someone in the media does a story that explains how Microsoft, Apple, Yahoo, and everyone else tracks everything you do with their products too.

Google uses a bot to scan your email. Do you think Microsoft doesn't do the same thing? Or Yahoo? Or Apple? If you believe that, then ask yourself "how do they know which emails to move into the Spam folder?"

Yes, Google may be unique in having their bot also look for keywords to use to TARGET the ads that you see, while your targeted ads in Outlook have to rely on all of your other activity that Microsoft tracks in order to properly target you, likely leading to you seeing ads that are less likely to match your interests.

But at the end of the day, what's the real difference, besides Google potentially showing you more relevant ads than the others? Advertising exists on all platforms, bots scan your email on all platforms, and no actual humans are reading your emails on any of the platforms.

Well, there is one difference: Google also uses your email data to help you in amazing, pre-emptive ways via Google Now, which none of the other platforms can compete with unless they, too, acknowledge that they scan your mail for something other than spam.
    propeller10 likes this.
    11-26-13 12:14 PM
    This is going to get REALLY funny once someone in the media does a story that explains how Microsoft, Apple, Yahoo, and everyone else tracks everything you do with their products too.

Google uses a bot to scan your email. Do you think Microsoft doesn't do the same thing? Or Yahoo? Or Apple? If you believe that, then ask yourself "how do they know which emails to move into the Spam folder?"

Yes, Google may be unique in having their bot also look for keywords to use to TARGET the ads that you see, while your targeted ads in Outlook have to rely on all of your other activity that Microsoft tracks in order to properly target you, likely leading to you seeing ads that are less likely to match your interests.

But at the end of the day, what's the real difference, besides Google potentially showing you more relevant ads than the others? Advertising exists on all platforms, bots scan your email on all platforms, and no actual humans are reading your emails on any of the platforms.

Well, there is one difference: Google also uses your email data to help you in amazing, pre-emptive ways via Google Now, which none of the other platforms can compete with unless they, too, acknowledge that they scan your mail for something other than spam.
    YOU'VE been Scroogled!

kbz1960 likes this.
    11-26-13 12:25 PM
    11-26-13 03:50 PM

My take on it as well.

I extensively am in the Google App ecosystem, I just love this campaign as it's funny.

I know everyone and everything tracks me. (Hence why I don't care my forum name is my real name)
    11-26-13 03:51 PM
    That coffee mug might just be going on my christmas list, lol. Obviously I know nothing is being stolen. You agreed to let them HAVE it when you read and signed the EULA!

Scroogled campaign-en-intl_l_scroogled_keep_calm_mug_dhf-01113_mnco.jpg
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    11-26-13 03:57 PM
    Personally I think Microsoft is making great products with Nokia, sure this is childish and I expected more from them. This however is just the kind of marketing that will bring them attention! C'mon BlackBerry stop being so nice and get agressive

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 05:48 PM
32 12