My corporate rep with Sasktel told me yesterday to becareful with my BB10 phones as they have been told they are all discontinued....! ??

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 01:55 PM
    My corporate rep with Sasktel told me yesterday to becareful with my BB10 phones as they have been told they are all discontinued....! ??

Posted via CB10
    I would probably guess they aren't making any more inventory of Z10s and Q10s are were written off. Z30s....maybe also enough in inventory to meet demands until new model comes out. So....current models may be discontinued production. You can still buy them. Need the Z50 or Q30 to hit shelves now. in Q3/Q4...Z3 in emerging markets (and maybe developed markets?) very very soon.
    02-21-14 01:59 PM
    I can see SaskTel discontinue carrying them maybe. As a whole, I think that fella may be wrong.

Q10
    02-21-14 01:59 PM
    Bollocks...
    They have the Z30, the black and white Q10, and the black and white Z10 on their web page for sale.
    02-21-14 05:34 PM
    Bollocks...
    They have the Z30, the black and white Q10, and the black and white Z10 on their web page for sale.

And they will do until all inventory is sold but discontinued doesn't mean there is no inventory left, it means no additional stock after everything's sold out.
    propeller10 likes this.
    02-21-14 05:41 PM
    And they will do until all inventory is sold but discontinued doesn't mean there is no inventory left, it means no additional stock after everything's sold out.
    Well with all due respect to OP and yourself, I'll believe it when there's definitive proof. As of now there is none.
    02-21-14 06:42 PM
    I dunno why everyone always falls for this 'a rep told me nonsense', most reps dunno their head from their arse and will say whatever comes to mind and even if they do take them out of stores or whatever they can still be ordered direct from BlackBerry via the carrier.
    CecilTsunami, web99, Tatwi and 6 others like this.
    02-21-14 06:47 PM
    I'm not necessarily saying I believe what OP is saying/was told but just because the phones are being sold does not mean they have not been discontinued.

The Z10 is almost certainly discontinued since they took a write-off in unsold inventory.

Big Man Chen has already said that he has a lot of unsold inventory which is depreciating in value, this refers to Z10 for sure but possibly also other models.
    02-21-14 07:01 PM
    I am beginning to think there are not enough BlackBerry lovers out there any longer.

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    02-21-14 07:11 PM
    Sure there are. BBRY just needs to manufacture in smaller quantities, it can still sell phones and be profitable.
    02-21-14 07:16 PM
    I dunno why everyone always falls for this 'a rep told me nonsense', most reps dunno their head from their arse and will say whatever comes to mind and even if they do take them out of stores or whatever they can still be ordered direct from BlackBerry via the carrier.
    Probably because most of the time these things turn out to be true. "Tmo not carrying BlackBerry in stores anymore" followed by "op hates bb". I can still order another playbook online, but I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued for a while now...
    02-22-14 12:51 AM
    Side note, I'm dumb enough to buy a z30 right now if it was actually available. Why the he// isn't available on shop.blackberry??????
    02-22-14 12:55 AM
    This is a text from my Rep at Sasktel.."Well before you go showing ppl how great BlackBerry Q10 is you should prolly tell him that phone is discontinued and he will have to pay a mandatory $50 to exchange that phone as per the wireless code we can't waive that. The only bb that isn't discontinued is the z30 all the other ones we have left of the q10 are used or demoed Honestly you are the only person that doesn't have issues with BB So call him back and explain the restock fee that we went over when he signed the contract. And I don't think the z30 is free either You are the only person I have sold a bb too that hasn't returned it I swear to you everyone else hates them and I did 6 exchanges on them last week alone". She says that hundreds of phones are being returned from corporate companies in saskatchewan due to problems with the Q10 and Z10 phones and that everyone is dumping them back for iphones or galaxy.. wth..

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 10:11 PM
    This is a text from my Rep at Sasktel..
    Your SaskTel rep's spelling and grammar is atrocious. I wouldn't put much stock in what she has to say.
    04-01-14 01:54 AM
    She mad because she didn't get as much commission selling a BlackBerry to you? Idk, I'm spitting crap.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 01:59 AM
    I'm on sasktel, dealers here must have drank the iJuice, every store runs BlackBerry into the ground, makes up lies to sell iPhone or Android. BlackBerry should be suing Sasktel for slander

C0020AFC4
    ssbtech likes this.
    04-01-14 03:33 PM
    We were told by a sasktel rep that the Z30 was discontinued as well.. We then contacted our Blackberry rep and She told us this is not the case and that they will be speaking to sasktel because this phone is not discontinued and dont want them telling people that. There is supplier shortages with some carriers but that will be dealt with in the next few weeks. Meanwhile we have no issues with Telus or MTS or Rogers.

Oh and we have ordered about 40 BB 10 phones in the last 3 months and have not had to return any of them so dont believe that rep's BS.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    05-22-14 09:47 AM
    These reps out there really try to steer people away from BlackBerry. It's ridiculous.

I think they should remain unbiased and just sell the customer what they want...

Sent from the bigger Berry using Tapatalk.
    05-22-14 09:56 AM
    These reps out there really try to steer people away from BlackBerry. It's ridiculous.

I think they should remain unbiased and just sell the customer what they want...

Sent from the bigger Berry using Tapatalk.
    I think the reps fall into one (or both) of 2 camps.

1- They have no idea and just regurgitate whatever rumours they hear as fact and can't be bothered to do their own research.

2- They push whatever they get the most commission from.

Z10
    05-24-14 12:56 PM
    Reps here in Manhattan KS (Verizon) have been telling people that Blackberry is going bankrupt for almost 2 yrs now! It is laughable when these guys speak! Just know that the ONLY thing they are doing is sterling you to whatever phone pays them the most commission.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 02:13 PM
    The reps sell what pays them more. Or alternatively they sell what gives them the most benefits (ie. Sales incentives or contests where they win trips or devices)

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 02:28 PM
    The reps sell what pays them more. Or alternatively they sell what gives them the most benefits (ie. Sales incentives or contests where they win trips or devices)

Posted via CB10
    As a former sales rep I can say that statement is mostly true.

Overall most commission incentives were based on the full retail price of the phone. So most smartphones had the same commission. Occasionally however there was additional incentives from the manufacturers. In those cases reps would usually try to push those devices.

The only thing I would say is that most reps never tried to push a device that was clearly not right for the client. The other thing I would mention is that I always pushed devices that I had tried and found particularly good. So a lot of the time I was pushing BlackBerry devices. Now many or the reps probably have iPhones or Android devices and push those.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by crazigee; 05-25-14 at 08:21 PM.
    05-25-14 06:42 PM
    I kind of get why people may say BB10 phones are discontinued.. handsets are all getting on a year old. Z10 is well over a year old. Most smartphones have a life cycle of less than a year.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 06:42 PM
    I kind of get why people may say BB10 phones are discontinued.. handsets are all getting on a year old. Z10 is well over a year old. Most smartphones have a life cycle of less than a year.

Posted via CB10
    This is very true. A handset has a life of a year. The fact that the Z10 is more than a year old says something.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-27-14 02:56 AM