In Africa, Samsung has managed to secure a 48 hour window of exclusivity where BBM will be available only via the Samsung App Store and no other Android devices get download BBM.

Samsung has stepped up the ante by cheekinlgy offering people who bring in their BlackBerry phones will get a discount/ credit towards new Galaxy phones !

more info as the story develops here: Samsung to offer Trade-in incentives on BlackBerry phones | TheTechieGuy
    10-22-13 01:42 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry should get on with doing the same with all those extra Z10s...
    10-22-13 03:40 PM
    BlackBerry cannot compete on price, their pockets are not deep enough. So, not a good idea to directly 'attack' Samsung. They should figure our other ways.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 04:09 PM
    In Africa, Samsung has managed to secure a 48 hour window of exclusivity where BBM will be available only via the Samsung App Store and no other Android devices get download BBM.

Samsung has stepped up the ante by cheekinlgy offering people who bring in their BlackBerry phones will get a discount/ credit towards new Galaxy phones !

more info as the story develops here: Samsung to offer Trade-in incentives on BlackBerry phones | TheTechieGuy
    Well, didn't Samsung paid blackberry to get this exclusivity?

Android and iPhone fan better thank BlackBerry for making their phone better. I prefer subscribers, not followers.
    10-22-13 08:16 PM

Wow!
    10-22-13 08:22 PM
    Personally I think the exclusivity idea was stupid - at least it's contained to just one region, but still a terrible idea at a time when they need all the users they can get on BBM. I'm not sure how much Samsung can gain from this either - how many people could possibly jump platforms in a 48 hour window?
    10-22-13 08:27 PM
    I think it would be awesome if no one exchange their BlackBerry.

Android and iPhone fan better thank BlackBerry for making their phone better. I prefer subscribers, not followers.
    10-22-13 08:46 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry should get on with doing the same with all those extra Z10s...
    trade in the Z10s and then sell the galaxys at reg price to make some money... good idea lol
    10-22-13 08:58 PM
    I think BBRY would be just fine with followers.
    10-23-13 07:20 AM
    The exclusivity is fine, it helps them manage the server loading anyways. 3 day exclusive is better than being totally exclusive.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 07:26 AM
    Personally I think the exclusivity idea was stupid - at least it's contained to just one region, but still a terrible idea at a time when they need all the users they can get on BBM. I'm not sure how much Samsung can gain from this either - how many people could possibly jump platforms in a 48 hour window?
    But the other side of that coin is the exclusivity factor itself. In the 48 hours that this thing runs the fact that there are only some people who have it, will / can generate more buzz and interest than just tossing it out there for everyone. People love feeling they are part of an exclusive group so I actually see some value in this.
    10-23-13 08:34 AM