07-17-14 02:21 AM
161 ... 4567
tools
    Um, the friend with the s4 is on the same network as me, so things like coverage has nothing to do with our difference in experience. And we live within 7 miles of each other. And I guess you're claiming that I'm a "fanboy" and that's somehow affecting his battery life or mine? Because I know you're not accusing me of lying about it... If you are, then just don't bother replying. Thanks.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Network is only 1 of dozens of different factors that could affect battery life and account for why your friend needs to charge more often than you., If you can't accept that the S4 has a better battery than the Q10 based on a controlled test then let's just agree to disagree on this one.
    07-06-14 08:43 PM
    Network is only 1 of dozens of different factors that could affect battery life and account for why your friend needs to charge more often than you., If you can't accept that the S4 has a better battery than the Q10 based on a controlled test then let's just agree to disagree on this one.
    Alright. I guess if you live in a controlled laboratory, then that works out for you. I live in the real world so real-world results tend to be more important to me, but I guess I'm just weird. ;-)

07-06-14 10:23 PM
    ...wow

Sensitive much? How would you like a lifelong subscription for Massengill? Perhaps then you can tell a woman what to do with her body. After that, be kind and rewind.

Happy 4th of July!

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    I agree with SLAGMAN5. Also I think your post was rude and totally unnecessary.
    07-06-14 10:25 PM
    Eh I have an S4 and the battery does not last like the BlackBerry devices . I use Battery Doctor too but I can't get past 8 hours. Yeah yeah for Some that's good BUT with me when I used BlackBerry I could go over 12 hours. That's what I need. A battery that lasts Just as much as BlackBerry phones'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-07-14 12:40 AM
    I agree with SLAGMAN5. Also I think your post was rude and totally unnecessary.
    But since you agree with Slag, I guess his post isn't rude. It's all good, bro. I'll admit I skirt the edge a little.

lift likes this.
    07-07-14 01:14 AM
    Eh I have an S4 and the battery does not last like the BlackBerry devices . I use Battery Doctor too but I can't get past 8 hours. Yeah yeah for Some that's good BUT with me when I used BlackBerry I could go over 12 hours. That's what I need. A battery that lasts Just as much as BlackBerry phones'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    Come on man, obviously the controlled environment tests mean more than your real-world experience, obviously... ;-) (I'm being sarcastic of course, lol)
    07-07-14 01:35 AM
    Come on man, obviously the controlled environment tests mean more than your real-world experience, obviously... ;-) (I'm being sarcastic of course, lol)
    You be sarcastic, no really? That's so unlike you. My point is that since people use their phone differently they will have different results. In other words (trying to make this simple for you even though I know you enjoy starting arguments so this is giving you exactly what you want) your real world differs from your friends and hence your battery longevity does also.

Ok over to you to...please proceed with your fanboy rant.
    07-07-14 07:49 AM
    There is no way that we really can argue that a controlled environment test isn't a good way to compare battery life, is there?

Come on...
    Bigruss8 likes this.
    07-07-14 08:29 AM
    Someone cut all the samsung parts out of this trailer and put in a Z30 instead
    Ha! Not a bad idea. Could be a fun project lol.
    07-07-14 09:13 AM
    Rene's article was just like what I once read from CB defending for the old BlackBerry, putting everything into a positive spin.

The battery problem is real for iPhone and it doesn't matter how you spin it, ultimately, you have to fix it like what BlackBerry did for old BlackBerry OS and Z10's battery life.
    Well, that's CB.
    And many others fanboys/fangirls defending their beloved brand at their own forums/sites.

I know, but I think the ad is showing too much Apple logo and less of Samsung's.
    07-07-14 09:41 AM
    Ha! Not a bad idea. Could be a fun project lol.
    Please don't, you'll attract Samsung fanboys to come here and troll.
    07-07-14 09:43 AM
    I just saw this commercial last night! Told my fiance that it was funny with the removable battery coming back around with the S5 considering BB has been doing it for years!! She just had me order her a battery charging bundle for her Z10 since she drains it to under 10% daily. She's now realizing why I got one so early on for my own Z10, hah!
    07-07-14 10:12 AM
    You be sarcastic, no really? That's so unlike you. My point is that since people use their phone differently they will have different results. In other words (trying to make this simple for you even though I know you enjoy starting arguments so this is giving you exactly what you want) your real world differs from your friends and hence your battery longevity does also.

Ok over to you to...please proceed with your fanboy rant.
    Hm, so with network coverage being the same, it comes down to usage. Well, I regularly use more than 3gb - 5gb of data a month, and I don't stream music, so that's just due to constant usage. My friend with the S4 doesn't have an unlimited plan like I do (no longer available, I am grandfathered in) so he has a data limit well below what I use regularly. So the likelihood that he's using his phone more than me, not very likely... So we've eliminated signal strength, eliminated data usage, and I've spent entire days with him (hunting and other all-day activities) and he does not message or talk on the phone more than me, yet his phone will die half way to three-quarter the way through the day while mine is still going. And I don't see him playing games on it either. So yep, must be my magic fanboyism that's draining his battery... And you act like you know me, but if you did, you'd know I'm not at all a BB fanboy. Heck, I've been called a troll for criticizing BB on this site, which I do quite often, but the battery life of my Q10 is just not one of the issues I have with the phone.

But hey, don't worry man, just keep believing in laboratory results over real-world results. Like I've said, I live in the real world, so I don't care if some company claims my phone will last 100 hours in a lab, if it lasts 8h in the real world, I care more about that time...

07-07-14 03:29 PM
    Hm, so with network coverage being the same, it comes down to usage. Well, I regularly use more than 3gb - 5gb of data a month, and I don't stream music, so that's just due to constant usage. My friend with the S4 doesn't have an unlimited plan like I do (no longer available, I am grandfathered in) so he has a data limit well below what I use regularly. So the likelihood that he's using his phone more than me, not very likely... So we've eliminated signal strength, eliminated data usage, and I've spent entire days with him (hunting and other all-day activities) and he does not message or talk on the phone more than me, yet his phone will die half way to three-quarter the way through the day while mine is still going. And I don't see him playing games on it either. So yep, must be my magic fanboyism that's draining his battery... And you act like you know me, but if you did, you'd know I'm not at all a BB fanboy. Heck, I've been called a troll for criticizing BB on this site, which I do quite often, but the battery life of my Q10 is just not one of the issues I have with the phone.

But hey, don't worry man, just keep believing in laboratory results over real-world results. Like I've said, I live in the real world, so I don't care if some company claims my phone will last 100 hours in a lab, if it lasts 8h in the reaworld, I care more about that time...

I don't know if your fanboyism is draining his battery but it's sure draining me.

I assume your next post will be how you have examined his settings to ensure his WiFi and Bluetooth is not always on, then you'll say you have also taken an inventory of the apps he has working in the background and of course he never plays games, watches videos or streams music because you watch him like a hawk.

Oh and I assume you're ensuring that he starts with a full charge, and slap the phone out of his hands if he tries to call someone.

I think I'm done now this has gotten altogether ridiculous.
    07-07-14 04:49 PM
    I don't know if your fanboyism is draining his battery but it's sure draining me.

I assume your next post will be how you have examined his settings to ensure his WiFi and Bluetooth is not always on, then you'll say you have also taken an inventory of the apps he has working in the background and of course he never plays games, watches videos or streams music because you watch him like a hawk.

Oh and I assume you're ensuring that he starts with a full charge, and slap the phone out of his hands if he tries to call someone.

I think I'm done now this has gotten altogether ridiculous.
    I don't need to do that because my wifi is always on... Well, I don't keep my bluetooth on, but considering that he literally has no BT devices, his car is too old to have BT connectivity, no headsets, wearables, etc. And I'm ASSUMING my friend isn't an ***** to keep his BT on if he doesn't have anything that uses it, but yes, I can't say "for sure."

Oh well, if I don't hear back from you, enjoy your life in the laboratory. I hear they have A/C running 24/7 so that must be nice. :-)

07-07-14 05:09 PM
    3 Z10s, 3 charging bundles and total of 8 batteries. If I can't get through the day with that then I should be a wall hugger. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 05:48 PM
    3 Z10s, 3 charging bundles and total of 8 batteries. If I can't get through the day with that then I should be a wall hugger. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Wow, just get an extended battery or something lol.

07-07-14 05:50 PM
    What if blackberry ripped this ad and used it for Bb10.
    Can Samsung sue blackberry for that?
    Obviously Samsung stole the term wall hugger from John chen (Blackberry's CEO). Would blackberry be able to defend itself with that.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    07-07-14 08:41 PM
    The fight for those coveted wall outlets could start getting interesting:

Flying to the US? To clear airport security, keep your gadgets charged. - CSMonitor.com
    07-07-14 08:45 PM
    What if blackberry ripped this ad and used it for Bb10.
    Can Samsung sue blackberry for that?
    Obviously Samsung stole the term wall hugger from John chen (Blackberry's CEO). Would blackberry be able to defend itself with that.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    Why are people saying that John Chen coined the phrase "wall huggers". Just because he was maybe the first to publicly say it, doesn't mean that other people out there have not been calling it that for a long time. I'm sure people have been saying it for some time.
    21stNow likes this.
    07-07-14 09:07 PM
    Why are people saying that John Chen coined the phrase "wall huggers". Just because he was maybe the first to publicly say it, doesn't mean that other people out there have not been calling it that for a long time. I'm sure people have been saying it for some time.
    I've personally never heard of that term before he started saying it, but I don't live all around the world so I can't speak for everywhere...

07-07-14 09:21 PM
    I'm hungry

07-07-14 09:44 PM
    The difference is choice. With Samsung and BB, they have phones with bigger batteries if you desire that, but with Apple, they have one device and it's the way it is and that's it...
    Yep. And they sell tens of millions of them.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-08-14 02:47 AM
    In other related news, forgot if it was ars techinica or engadget which ran tests on the developer preview of android L, showed a rather large increase in battery life on existing hardware. Around 20%. If only 10.3 could bring a similar benefit for my Z10....
    lift likes this.
    07-08-14 04:15 AM
    I'm still hungry

07-08-14 05:02 AM
161 ... 4567