07-17-14 02:21 AM
161 ... 34567
tools
    Before Blackberry goes after the consumer market, they have to right the balance sheets and get enterprise ironed out. Straight out of Chens mouth.

You'll know Blackberry is cash flow positive before it is announced at quarters end because you'll start to see advertising on CNBC.
    zlatno likes this.
    07-04-14 10:53 AM
    There was a survey of UK consumers recently that asked them to identify the most important attribute in a smartphone. They said battery life - which goes to show above all else that people lie in surveys...

Posted via CB10
    The smartphones with the best battery lives tend to be the ones with the biggest displays and latest processors, in case you didn't know that. The bigger smartphone usually packs room for a bigger battery and the latest CPU tends to be the most energy efficient despite being faster as well.

The people likely didn't lie in the surveys if they prefer devices/phablets such as the LG G3 or Galaxy Note series. Basic research would show that the latest Android flagship devices, which are already super popular, offer the best battery life.

Phones with older processors and smaller displays, like the Z10, have poor battery. The devices with the best outright battery life are tablets, of course. I could surf the web for hours on my ASUS T100.
    07-04-14 11:32 AM
    They got Keith Pardy from RIM. So you expecting ripping from some level to another
    07-04-14 11:38 AM
    Funny ad..

All this wall hug thing is hilarious. Almost Every flagship smartphone in the market doesn't have that good battery if you are using the Internet on the phone. Even the overhyped z30 if you browse the web. Can get actually less battery life than an iphone (at least on wifi). So please...

Yeah but that's what some people are recommending to us wall-huggers, owners of the z10. And they are proud of it... transforming the z10 into a brick. Thanks but no thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Don't know from what experience you're talking about. I still have my iPhone 5 and use it once in a while to browse. It lasts no where near as long as my z30 in battery life while browsing on wifi. Many z30 owners can attest to that.
    Z30 isn't overhyped when it comes to battery life. It's exactly as advertised. "So please ....."

The z10 on the other hand does have battery life issues. The fact that it is removable is an advantage over the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-04-14 12:08 PM
    It is. Hypocrisy.

BlackBerry has many wallhuggers, myself included (z10). I don't know how the actual phones last, but few years ago when i've used the galaxy s2 had to wall-hug more in comparison to the iphone 5. Also the s3 had bad battery life.
    At least with my usage pattern. Amoled killer!

Posted via CB10
    The difference is choice. With Samsung and BB, they have phones with bigger batteries if you desire that, but with Apple, they have one device and it's the way it is and that's it...

But I do agree that most Androids I've seen don't last long. It seems every time I'm out with friends, every one of them with Androids have a dead phone half way through the day...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-04-14 12:14 PM
    The smartphones with the best battery lives tend to be the ones with the biggest displays and latest processors, in case you didn't know that. The bigger smartphone usually packs room for a bigger battery and the latest CPU tends to be the most energy efficient despite being faster as well.

The people likely didn't lie in the surveys if they prefer devices/phablets such as the LG G3 or Galaxy Note series. Basic research would show that the latest Android flagship devices, which are already super popular, offer the best battery life.

Phones with older processors and smaller displays, like the Z10, have poor battery. The devices with the best outright battery life are tablets, of course. I could surf the web for hours on my ASUS T100.
    Except that is nonsense. The best selling phones in UK are not ones with notably good battery life. What people say, and what they do are two different things.
    07-04-14 12:26 PM

I your tablet connected to a cell network and polling towers constantly?
    Turn off cell and data on a cell phone and you'll see the battery life grow by leaps and bounds.
    07-04-14 06:00 PM
    It's all good let Samsung spend a fortune spamming iPhone, then they can spend a lot of money sewing each other. I say don't get in their way.

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    07-04-14 10:48 PM
    What products are they going to advertise? And their products are not easily available. Wait until they have new products that are actually available in stores. Then market

Posted via CB10
    Sergiu1337 and xBURK like this.
    07-05-14 12:23 AM
    The voiceover in the ad makes it like a cheap-made ad, halfway through the ad I was already annoyed.

I think the best response on the ad is from Rene Ritchie. Talk about "accidentally" promoting the rival's brand.
    07-05-14 04:15 AM
    Battery life and calling iPhone users wallhuggers is the same thing as making fun of them waiting in line. Different avenue, same concept. The end result is the emotion invoked by means of insulting iPhone users. People will remember the insult, the mention of battery life is just an additional bonus that will linger in minds as well. 'Remember that Samsung commercial? You know the one where the insulted iPhone users and battery life.. that ish was funny'
    True.
    Its not the fight, but the scars that will remain.
    07-05-14 09:08 AM
    So in order to get battery life up where it should be I have to spend $100 on a case that not only doubles the thickness of the phone but makes it even longer? Or I have to carry around a charging pack the same size of the phone?

Yeah no thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Or buy BB's charging pack that they released for the Z10. Same thing.
    07-05-14 11:25 AM
    That's the point. They should have lol.
    BlackBerry had written off the Z30 before they released it. They didn't want it to succeed. The for sale sign was up, TH was waiting for his $40+ Million payout from the company being bought, and Prem was hoping to to get out more than he put in. But the time the smoked cleared and Chen was at the helm the Z30 was even more obsolete than at launch, and Chen was focused on quickly figuring out who to axe, and what direction the company should take, and based on the phones we see coming, it is clear that the Z30 doesn't fit with that vision currently. Maybe when the Classic and Passport don't pan out we'll see a Z30/Z10 replacement device, until that point though it's cheap all touch Z3 and high end PKB devices.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    07-05-14 11:40 AM
    however, my Z10 makes me feel like a wall hugger. just saying
    Same here. Then I got a Z30. 'nough said.

I have a Samsung battery pack. I use it for my phone, tablet and iPod.
    That said, since I got the Q10, I don't need it much for my phone since I get a good 2 days on a single charge.
    My Ventev PowerCell is seeing less and less use as well. My iPhone coworkers love the idea though. Wonder why is that.
    07-05-14 12:41 PM
    Funny ad..

All this wall hug thing is hilarious. Almost Every flagship smartphone in the market doesn't have that good battery if you are using the Internet on the phone. Even the overhyped z30 if you browse the web. Can get actually less battery life than an iphone (at least on wifi). So please...

Yeah but that's what some people are recommending to us wall-huggers, owners of the z10. And they are proud of it... transforming the z10 into a brick. Thanks but no thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Actually the majority of flagship phones have very good battery life as others have pointed out due to larger batteries, better processors and enhanced battery saving modes.

GSMArena does an endurance test for many of the phones that they list on their website (test was not done for the z30 unfortunately):

SGS5: 72h
    Samsung Galaxy S5 - Full phone specifications

LG G3: 69h

IPhone 5s: 54h
    Apple iPhone 5s - Full phone specifications
    07-05-14 01:26 PM
    Actually the majority of flagship phones have very good battery life as others have pointed out due to larger batteries, better processors and enhanced battery saving modes.

GSMArena does an endurance test for many of the phones that they list on their website (test was not done for the z30 unfortunately):

SGS5: 72h

LG G3: 69h

IPhone 5s: 54h
    Apple iPhone 5s - Full phone specifications
    It must have started with the s5 because my friend has a s4 and he's always using my charger just like before...

07-05-14 04:37 PM
    The voiceover in the ad makes it like a cheap-made ad, halfway through the ad I was already annoyed.

I think the best response on the ad is from Rene Ritchie. Talk about "accidentally" promoting the rival's brand.
    Rene's article was just like what I once read from CB defending for the old BlackBerry, putting everything into a positive spin.

The battery problem is real for iPhone and it doesn't matter how you spin it, ultimately, you have to fix it like what BlackBerry did for old BlackBerry OS and Z10's battery life.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    07-06-14 01:55 AM
    Well it s the same thing with the features that BlackBerry added in there updates. IOS7/iOS8 and now Google L have incorporated into theirs and ppl will they created it and BlackBerry just copied.

? Posted via CB10 on my ? Z30
    07-06-14 08:18 AM
    I don't believe this is a missed opportunity by BlackBerry, what would the ad make fun of, whatever there's to say their is more people can use to counter back at BlackBerry. What BlackBerry needs to emphasize is how great the OS is how it can help in their daily lives and entertainment options, displaying this is much better the poking at limitations BlackBerry also has.

Z10 all they way!
    07-06-14 08:31 AM
    I don't believe this is a missed opportunity by BlackBerry, what would the ad make fun of, whatever there's to say their is more people can use to counter back at BlackBerry. What BlackBerry needs to emphasize is how great the OS is how it can help in their daily lives and entertainment options, displaying this is much better the poking at limitations BlackBerry also has.

Z10 all they way!
    Hehe . Imagine how fun the competition could made regarding the z10 then ^_^.
    07-06-14 09:32 AM
    It must have started with the s5 because my friend has a s4 and he's always using my charger just like before...

Sounds you like you need your charger too.

SGS4: 65h
    Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - Full phone specifications

BBZ10: 46h
    BlackBerry Z10 - Full phone specifications

BBQ10: 56h
    BlackBerry Q10 - Full phone specifications
    07-06-14 10:06 AM
    Nope. I always make it all the way to the end of the day most of the time with more than 30% left in my battery. And I use my phone a whole hell of a lot. Data usage is usually 3gb - 5gb a month. It wouldn't be the first time tests in a controlled environment do not line up with real world results. Oh, and my friend and I are on the same network, so it's not that either.

I can drive long distances, like 3 hours or so using bluetooth to connect my phone to the car, using navigation and playing my mp3 music at the same time, without putting it on charge, and I'll get there with enough battery left to use for the rest of the day. Do you know how I know this? Because when I was driving to Naples, I carpooled with a friend with an Android (Galaxy S3) and even though I was using my phone to play music and gps, she was the one that needed the charger because her phone was already dying, and it was like 10am in the morning... So we drove the whole way with her using my charger even though my phone was doing all of the work with google maps running turn by turn navigation and Neutron music player playing the tunes...

Although that friend with the S3 isn't on the same network, she's on MetroPCS so it definitely could be crappy network coverage that's killing her battery...

07-06-14 11:56 AM
    Take a look at engadget reviews. They do a WiFi streaming video battery test. Even the mid range androids now match the Z30
    07-06-14 12:41 PM
    Nope. I always make it all the way to the end of the day most of the time with more than 30% left in my battery. And I use my phone a whole hell of a lot. Data usage is usually 3gb - 5gb a month. It wouldn't be the first time tests in a controlled environment do not line up with real world results. Oh, and my friend and I are on the same network, so it's not that either.

I can drive long distances, like 3 hours or so using bluetooth to connect my phone to the car, using navigation and playing my mp3 music at the same time, without putting it on charge, and I'll get there with enough battery left to use for the rest of the day. Do you know how I know this? Because when I was driving to Naples, I carpooled with a friend with an Android (Galaxy S3) and even though I was using my phone to play music and gps, she was the one that needed the charger because her phone was already dying, and it was like 10am in the morning... So we drove the whole way with her using my charger even though my phone was doing all of the work with google maps running turn by turn navigation and Neutron music player playing the tunes...

Although that friend with the S3 isn't on the same network, she's on MetroPCS so it definitely could be crappy network coverage that's killing her battery...

Hence why when discussing battery life, I prefer to refer to a controlled standardized measurement such as the one GSMArena does. It eliminates the countless factors that cause the different experiences with battery life across devices, including people's biases and/or fanboyism. They also do an excellent camera and video test as well.
    07-06-14 01:16 PM
    Hence why when discussing battery life, I prefer to refer to a controlled standardized measurement such as the one GSMArena does. It eliminates the countless factors that cause the different experiences with battery life across devices, including people's biases and/or fanboyism. They also do an excellent camera and video test as well.
    Um, the friend with the s4 is on the same network as me, so things like coverage has nothing to do with our difference in experience. And we live within 7 miles of each other. And I guess you're claiming that I'm a "fanboy" and that's somehow affecting his battery life or mine? Because I know you're not accusing me of lying about it... If you are, then just don't bother replying. Thanks.

07-06-14 06:21 PM
161 ... 34567