07-17-14 01:21 AM
161 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Like the words "Fox" and "news", BlackBerry and "advertising" don't belong in the same sentence...

Dang. I used two alien, contradicting words in two sentences twice. I must be drunk.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    LOL... fox news... almost made me sick.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 10:34 PM
    I did hear though Apple are providing power cord on up to 100m reels now so you don't have to be so close to the wall...
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-03-14 10:39 PM
    I did hear though Apple are providing power cord on up to 100m reels now so you don't have to be so close to the wall...
    Lmao
    07-03-14 10:40 PM
    Its funny, samsung finally makes a phone with good battery life and instantly they pounce to gloat about it. The S4 battery was just as ****ty as the 5s. Like all previous galaxy s devices.

Either way, its always fun to see apple being bashed. Your enemy's enemy is your friend.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 10:43 PM
    I showed this video to my wife just a minute ago, she is an iPhone 5s user who loves her iPhone. She laughed so hard and screamed "someone please send this video to Apple so they can do something about it".

Yeah her 5s takes much better photos than my Z30, but I constantly make fun of her by saying "your camera is out of battery again"... and I got lots of chances to say that, lol.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    07-03-14 10:49 PM
    It's always funny seeing people discuss ads to me. Makes me think we should launch a 'make your own BlackBerry commercial' contest or similar. Winner gets a Passport or Classic, $100 in accessories and some CB/BB swag.
    I agree. We have very talented and creative people in the community that would come up with outstanding commercials. I'd love to see that happen.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 10:53 PM
    Yeah I agree with this totally BlackBerry missed it again in making a neat ad like this. One and I have been thinking there marketing or design team sucks... I mean look at the pic with they announced the passport and the classic those pictures although not the final product suck. Then u see an actual picture of the phone and your like wow it is a nice phone... come on BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 11:11 PM
    Like the words "Fox" and "news", BlackBerry and "advertising" don't belong in the same sentence...

Dang. I used two alien, contradicting words in two sentences twice. I must be drunk.

Oh yes, because Fox News is the only biased news source. I guess you're one of the naive ones, eh hem, enlightened ones that think MSNBC or the LA Times is any better? Lol. Before you try to claim I'm for one side or another, I think... no, I KNOW, every major news network is biased and I don't consider ANY of them a reliable source of "news." The should all be renamed to "Opinion Channels." But it's cute when people like to only pick on Foxnews, that just means they actually fall for the other "news" networks' garbage. One's biased toward the right, the rest are biased toward the left, all garbage...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-03-14 11:36 PM
    It's always funny seeing people discuss ads to me. Makes me think we should launch a 'make your own BlackBerry commercial' contest or similar. Winner gets a Passport or Classic, $100 in accessories and some CB/BB swag.
    I have always wanted this!!! DO IT! NOW! ... Please
    07-03-14 11:52 PM
    I must have a unique iphone. Mine will last over 24 hours easily. Its its only redeeming feature. that and the app store
    07-03-14 11:55 PM
    Can you imagine if BlackBerry did a commercial like this? Front page news material. "BlackBerry Has Gone Completely Mental!"

In the end, I'm glad BlackBerry is (supposedly) waiting for 10.3 to start up marketing again. They need that combined with the new devices to have any kind of weight behind them.

"BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    Last edited by xBURK; 07-04-14 at 12:19 AM.
    07-04-14 12:07 AM
    That would be awesome. Hopefully someone makes a fireport to micro USB adapter so I can use it on my Z10.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    07-04-14 12:07 AM
    With the Classic and the Passport, BlackBerry is clearly trying to steer clear of the iPhone competition from here on out. There is no point in criticizing the iPhone. It would just be a waste of money and ultimately benefit some other smart phone line.
    07-04-14 12:11 AM
    Oh yes, because Fox News is the only biased news source. I guess you're one of the naive ones, eh hem, enlightened ones that think MSNBC or the LA Times is any better?"
    ...wow

Sensitive much? Be kind and rewind.

Happy 4th of July!

Last edited by BruvvaPete; 07-31-15 at 11:09 PM.
    07-04-14 02:01 AM
    Someone cut all the samsung parts out of this trailer and put in a Z30 instead
    07-04-14 03:09 AM
    Funny ad..

All this wall hug thing is hilarious. Almost Every flagship smartphone in the market doesn't have that good battery if you are using the Internet on the phone. Even the overhyped z30 if you browse the web. Can get actually less battery life than an iphone (at least on wifi). So please...

So in order to get battery life up where it should be I have to spend $100 on a case that not only doubles the thickness of the phone but makes it even longer? Or I have to carry around a charging pack the same size of the phone?

Yeah no thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but that's what some people are recommending to us wall-huggers, owners of the z10. And they are proud of it... transforming the z10 into a brick. Thanks but no thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 03:43 AM
    There is nothing wrong with John Chen calling iSheep uses wall huggers and Samsung actually turning the phrase into something people can related to in their own commercials. Good job Samsung, now if they can only hurry up and release my future device!
    It is. Hypocrisy.

BlackBerry has many wallhuggers, myself included (z10). I don't know how the actual phones last, but few years ago when i've used the galaxy s2 had to wall-hug more in comparison to the iphone 5. Also the s3 had bad battery life.
    At least with my usage pattern. Amoled killer!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 03:50 AM
    Enough with this wall huggers ish....the fact still remains that almost all of these smartphones manufacturers are not paying good attention to making phones with decent good power source. The current tech when it comes to smartphone battery is way inferior when comparing it with screen--processor--wireless connection parameters.

Posted via CB10
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    07-04-14 04:15 AM
    Enough with this wall huggers ish....the fact still remains that almost all of these smartphones manufacturers are...

Posted via CB10
    Stop trying to make sense. I toss my challenge flag in your general direction and ... Ummm... Your honour, er... ummm... ref... this person is trying to be logical. Can you do something?

07-04-14 05:04 AM
    sorry. couldn't resist.

however, my Z10 makes me feel like a wall hugger. just saying
    HAHAHAHA thats hilarious
    07-04-14 05:26 AM
    Battery life is obviously not important to the masses, so these ads tend to be wastes of good marketing money. What really got Samsung on the map were ads appealing to emotions, i.e. making fun of Apple fans waiting in line for their phones. Battery life...not so much. It's a good thing BB did not waste marketing money going that route. In my honest opinion, of course.
    I think battery life is somewhat important to consumers akin to CPU and display; but, it is not an area Blackberry actually excels in contrary to the opinion on this board. The Z30 has just above average battery life and pushing this hardware spec will cause a consumer to be more inclined to pick an Android with even better battery life.

The situation is only exacerbated by the weakness of Blackberry's overall lineup. The Z10 is one of the most common BB10 devices and has subpar battery life! Why is this important? First, the Z30 has limited availability and the first phone a consumer will find is likely a Z10. Also, if a consumer taken by a BB battery life ad decides the Z30 is too expensive, the next phone he will purchase is not likely to be Blackberry.

Overall, battery life is not a defining characteristic of BB10 or Blackberry. A savvy marketer would be well informed and objective with regards to the strengths and weaknesses of Blackberry's portfolio and wary that such a campaign would probably backfire on Blackberry.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 07-04-14 at 06:29 AM.
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    07-04-14 06:10 AM
    I think battery life is somewhat important to consumers akin to CPU and display; but, it is not an area Blackberry actually excels in contrary to the opinion on this board. The Z30 has just above average battery life and pushing this hardware spec will cause a consumer to be more inclined to pick an Android with even better battery life.

The situation is only exacerbated by the weakness of Blackberry's overall lineup. The Z10 is one of the most common BB10 devices and has subpar battery life! Why is this important? First, the Z30 has limited availability and the first phone a consumer will find is likely a Z10. Also, if a consumer taken by a BB battery life ad decides the Z30 is too expensive, the next phone he will purchase is not likely to be Blackberry.

Overall, battery life is not a defining characteristic of BB10 or Blackberry. A savvy marketer would be well informed and objective with regards to the strengths and weaknesses of Blackberry's portfolio and wary that such a campaign would probably backfire on Blackberry.
    There was a survey of UK consumers recently that asked them to identify the most important attribute in a smartphone. They said battery life - which goes to show above all else that people lie in surveys...

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto and lift like this.
    07-04-14 07:56 AM
    Well there you go - more innovation! Z10 users will be clamoring for the same.
    07-04-14 08:12 AM
    Funny ad..

All this wall hug thing is hilarious. Almost Every flagship smartphone in the market doesn't have that good battery if you are using the Internet on the phone. Even the overhyped z30 if you browse the web. Can get actually less battery life than an iphone (at least on wifi). So please...

Yeah but that's what some people are recommending to us wall-huggers, owners of the z10. And they are proud of it... transforming the z10 into a brick. Thanks but no thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Urh... no, my Z30 gets longer battery life than iPhone even if I am browsing on wifi.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    07-04-14 08:40 AM
    Like the idea.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    07-04-14 09:09 AM
161 ... 23456 ...