07-17-14 02:21 AM
161 12345 ...
tools
    And Zuckerberg is laughing at the Twins on his way to the bank
    07-03-14 06:16 PM
    Phrases need to be trademarked so other companies can't use it. Pat Riley's "Three-peat" comes to mind
    07-03-14 06:25 PM
    sorry. couldn't resist.

however, my Z10 makes me feel like a wall hugger. just saying
    Sure looks like they didn't copy the wall hugging.
    07-03-14 06:45 PM
    Battery life is obviously not important to the masses, so these ads tend to be wastes of good marketing money. What really got Samsung on the map were ads appealing to emotions, i.e. making fun of Apple fans waiting in line for their phones. Battery life...not so much. It's a good thing BB did not waste marketing money going that route. In my honest opinion, of course.
    You know how many battery accessories there are for iPhone? It's a market making companies millions. It's huge.
    07-03-14 06:47 PM
    You know how many battery accessories there are for iPhone? It's a market making companies millions. It's huge.
    So in order to get battery life up where it should be I have to spend $100 on a case that not only doubles the thickness of the phone but makes it even longer? Or I have to carry around a charging pack the same size of the phone?

Yeah no thanks.

Posted via CB10
    raino and lift like this.
    07-03-14 06:56 PM
    Still better than air gestures... and group play.... and plastic phones.
    Wall hugging is better than air gestures, group play and plastic phones? Really?
    Nicholas Kathrein and lift like this.
    07-03-14 06:59 PM
    Translation pls?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Google and Fancytran are your friends.

부끄러움 you didn't know that.
    07-03-14 07:05 PM
    What's that saying...Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? If Samsung can make billions by improving on Apple's hard work or using a phrase that *may* have been coined by BB's CEO good for them. Apple hasn't had any incentive to fix the lameness of their phones as iSlaves keep buying them no matter what and BB doesn't seem to have any corporate advertising strategy at all. I have a feeling that Chen will have a few more catchy phrases BB could choose to employ anyway.
    Iphone is a good phone with a good easy to use OS but they have to stop their fascination with super thin phones. A thicker phone with a bigger battery would be better than a thinner phone with little battery life and the thinness also limits what your camera can do. One you add those battery phone cases your phone is thick again anyways.
    07-03-14 07:45 PM
    Don't think Blackberry would be able to get away with an ad like that.
    Samsung is a completely different beast that can throw it's weight around in ads like that. They can take shots at other mobiles and keep going.
    Blackberry doesn't have that luxury of putting out ads that take shots at other mobiles, just imagine the response from the other company if there was one. They have a lot of material to work with to make an ad that puts down Blackberry and shows off their phone.

Posted via CB10
    Also they have a Z10 with bad battery life. Once that is gone the rest of the phones seem to be good from everything said on this site. I guess you can change the battery.
    07-03-14 07:47 PM
    So in order to get battery life up where it should be I have to spend $100 on a case that not only doubles the thickness of the phone but makes it even longer? Or I have to carry around a charging pack the same size of the phone?

Yeah no thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Apple needs to stop with making thinner and thinner phones and keep it the same so they can fit a bigger battery. For all their smarts this is a bone head direction.
    07-03-14 07:49 PM
    This thread brought me down memory lane of the Windows Phone 7 commercial "Really?"

This was Windows bashing BlackBerry for users being attached too much to their phones. I always laugh at the guy who drops his phone in the urinal, picks it back up, and starts using it again. Really?!? ... Yep

AnimalPak200 likes this.
    07-03-14 08:09 PM
    There is nothing wrong with John Chen calling iSheep uses wall huggers and Samsung actually turning the phrase into something people can related to in their own commercials. Good job Samsung, now if they can only hurry up and release my future device!
    07-03-14 08:13 PM
    BlackBerry should make an advert with iPhone users searching for wall outlets and then Samsung users posing their plastic phones....and then the camera pans over to a man with a BlackBerry, he looks up and smiles. Then the screen goes black, and the words BlackBerry 10 appear along with android app compatibility etc

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 09:09 PM
    came here just to post this!!!!!
    07-03-14 09:22 PM
    It's always funny seeing people discuss ads to me. Makes me think we should launch a 'make your own BlackBerry commercial' contest or similar. Winner gets a Passport or Classic, $100 in accessories and some CB/BB swag.
    07-03-14 09:31 PM
    BlackBerry CEO inspires latest Samsung Galaxy S5 commercial!

L.O.L.
    Drenis likes this.
    07-03-14 09:38 PM
    I like this

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 09:38 PM
    NO Phone is perfect and mostly all modern phones are power hunger.....funny to see how companies react to competition...Lol.
    07-03-14 09:44 PM
    It's always funny seeing people discuss ads to me. Makes me think we should launch a 'make your own BlackBerry commercial' contest or similar. Winner gets a Passport or Classic, $100 in accessories and some CB/BB swag.
    Hey.. that's an idea.

Attention Kevin.. make this a reality.
    I'm sure some of us in CrackBerry are pretty good at making indie ads.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    07-03-14 09:58 PM
    Hey we should all get together and get JC to make a parody video and add to his channel.

That guy is funny.
    07-03-14 10:54 PM
    Hey.. that's an idea.

Attention Kevin.. make this a reality.
    I'm sure some of us in CrackBerry are pretty good at making indie ads.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    Actually, with or without this "contest" we really should make our own commercials and just upload them to youtube. I think more people will see a video on youtube than commercials on tv now-a-days...
    07-03-14 10:54 PM

I know. It's an ad for the Samsung Galaxy S5 but hold on before you freak out and say this should never have been posted to CrackBerry. It does have some relevance, I promise. Just bear with me.

Samsung has made their way in the smartphone world through big budgets, grabbing media attention and arguably, copying other people's work but their latest marketing goes beyond what even I imagined. BlackBerry CEO John Chen caught some heat (and love) for calling iPhone users wall huggers in the past but now Samsung has straight up jacked the phrase to use in their own marketing material.

The funny thing is, everything they say about the iPhone is true. The battery life on iPhone's does tend to suck depending on how you set it up and the fact you see people attached to the wall with their iPhone's is reality. The worst part though, is that Samsung used it it in their ads when BlackBerry could have easily made a similar ad extolling the virtues of the battery life on the Z30 because even though it's non-removable it's bigger than the S5 and it's still got more juice than the iPhone.
    I hope John Chen goes after them or maybe get featured in a Blackberry ad, saying "Who stole my line?".
    07-03-14 11:17 PM
    Why would you all be complaining about BlackBerry's lack of advertising. Haven't you been listening to what the company has been saying and saying. Consumers are NOT the focus at this time. It's about enterprise. Samsung is after the consumer market so doing this ad makes sense. It makes no sense whatsoever for BlackBerry to do one like this because folks, you are not their audience right now. Well, unless you live where the Z3 is being released. A bit of a contradiction I know but hey, that's BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 11:20 PM
    It's easy to sit here and bash blackberry for not pursing similar marketing ploys, however please understand the fragile financial position blackberry is in. Compare the balance sheets of blackberry and Samsung and you will see what I mean - blackberry doesn't have the money to pursue aggressive marketing campaigns, let alone when they are focusing on corporate service growth and are unsure of their handset division.

At the end of the day, this is a company that needs to spend prudently and invest in valuable innovations and markets they have a STRONG chance to succeed in. Marketing hard is good, but it's all about priorities....

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 11:29 PM
    Like the words "Fox" and "news", BlackBerry and "advertising" don't belong in the same sentence...

Dang. I used two alien, contradicting words in two sentences twice. I must be drunk.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    07-03-14 11:31 PM
161 12345 ...