The "temporarily" bit is amusing in its presumption - no one can ever know that. Nevertheless:

Android sales surge in Italy as Windows Phone stalls - Telecompaper

Windows Phone, iOS take advantage of Android dip in Spain - Telecompaper

Spain, up from 0% to 0.3%
    Italy up from 0.4% to 1.3%

Small shoots...
    smart548 likes this.
    06-30-14 10:17 AM
    Baby steps?
    06-30-14 10:32 AM
    More like random sampling variance.

Posted via CB10
    sati01, TGR1, Iggy City and 4 others like this.
    06-30-14 10:36 AM
    More like random sampling variance.

Posted via CB10
    Always possible, but both going the same way increases the likely correlation. It works both ways that.
    06-30-14 10:55 AM
    Keep rising BB!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 02:23 PM
    Who's this account?

Saying US is also up.

Anyone have the full report for the quarter?

Sales up in Italy and Spain-img_20140630_171156.png

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    06-30-14 08:14 PM
    Sales up in Italy and Spain-kantar.png

Some figures are up, some figures are down...
    06-30-14 08:37 PM
    The reason I think it's random sample variance is that I don't see any logical reason why they'd be up. No new devices released in any of those countries, no marketing, no huge price drops, no extra carriers coming on board, lots of newer Androids coming to the market lately...

To put it another way - if something goes from 0.5 to 1% (for example) I wouldn't say it doubled. I'd say it's half a percentage point higher. Which is within the sample error of even the largest surveys.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 11:03 PM
    Of course the variance could be the other way and the real numbers are actually better for BlackBerry than is being reported.

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 likes this.
    06-30-14 11:36 PM
    The reason I think it's random sample variance is that I don't see any logical reason why they'd be up. No new devices released in any of those countries, no marketing, no huge price drops, no extra carriers coming on board, lots of newer Androids coming to the market lately...

To put it another way - if something goes from 0.5 to 1% (for example) I wouldn't say it doubled. I'd say it's half a percentage point higher. Which is within the sample error of even the largest surveys.

Posted via CB10
    There are plenty of BB10 devices stuck around the various channels that are being aggressively priced to offload. I'd even venture to say that my low-price hypotheses is supported by the fact that some of the gains are paired with Windows Phone losses. Windows Phone has only gained traction due to its very aggressive low prices.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 12:03 AM
    There are plenty of BB10 devices stuck around the various channels that are being aggressively priced to offload. I'd even venture to say that my low-price hypotheses is supported by the fact that some of the gains are paired with Windows Phone losses. Windows Phone has only gained traction due to its very aggressive low prices.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think Windows Phone's losses has anything to do with BB10, if that is what you're implying. The Z3 isn't nearly as competitively priced as the 520 when it first debuted.

The chief problem with Windows Phone is that the hardware has gone stale. There was no big Lumia 930 push like for the Lumia 920. There is no new 1020 on the horizon. The 520 is now ancient with no successor in sight.

Windows Phone is in a strictly better situation than BB10; but, if Microsoft does not do something about hardware quick, the OS is finished. The entire situation is deteriorating quite fast.

I'd go so far as to say Microsoft should have called Nokia's Android bluff and not purchased Nokia. It clearly does not know what to do with it. Worst case scenario would still not be much worse than now. Gross mismanagement on the part of Microsoft.
    07-01-14 12:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly why I don't understand the current strategy. I'm in the US, but there has been no news of anything for the general public. The z30 was released over 10 months ago on one carrier. The z10 and q10 forever ago. Carriers don't even show these phones, how is he expecting BlackBerry market share to do anything but decline?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 07:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Again, I'm in the US and don't know what is being shown in other countries, but your average consumer isn't going through other channels, they are going with what is shown in the cell phone stores.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 07:48 AM
    Tbh, I am starting to see more and more bb10 phones around. I work in the financial district so the classic phones are always there but since this year I'm spotting more and more BlackBerry ? 10 so I'm not surprised that there is a slight increase!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 08:55 AM
    Tbh, I am starting to see more and more bb10 phones around. I work in the financial district so the classic phones are always there but since this year I'm spotting more and more BlackBerry ? 10 so I'm not surprised that there is a slight increase!

Posted via CB10
    Same here..!

I work at a beverage alcohol retailer so I see a lot of people.. rich, poor and everything in between, and I am definitely starting to see more and more BB10.. especially Q10s.. actually almost exclusively Q10s. Never with the young crowds though. Its always middle aged men and women
    07-02-14 10:44 AM
    I don't see any logical reason why they'd be up.
    Sometimes you just get growing awareness of a platform through things like word of mouth. With a low base, it doesn't actually take all that much. This article:

Pre-market Buzz: BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY), Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ:CSIQ), CalAmp Corp. (NASDAQ:CAMP), Tripadvisor Inc (NASDAQ:TRIP), Trulia Inc (NYSE:TRLA) » Crazy Joys | Crazy Joys

is suggesting a rise in the US for example. It is certainly possible (possible) that there is growing awareness. It is a fact according to the quarterly results that BB10 sales rose 55% in the last quarter; there's no obvious reason for that either, but it happened.
    07-02-14 10:52 AM
    I'm seeing more BB10 devices now than 6 months ago for example. Even in online shops I see more trade of BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 11:13 AM
    The Z10 is a pretty good device at FREE on contract or at $199 outright (in the US)... when you compare it to either a two year old iPhone or a "cheap" Android, even the ecosystem problems can be overlooked.

Just not sure what happens when they finally sell all those heavily subsidized devices.

But then again none of these are actual sale figures, they are based on "checks" which do have a margin for error. And why in most cases if you fall below 5% they usually lump you in with the "others". That BlackBerry is still above 5% in a few markets is probable what is keeping them on the charts overall.
    07-02-14 11:17 AM
    Actually you cannot find a blackberry device in any carrier shop in Spain, they are not offering blackberry devices so I doubt seriously that sales are up in my country. And to find an unlock BlackBerry smartphone? Forget it.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 04:09 PM
    Of course the variance could be the other way and the real numbers are actually better for BlackBerry than is being reported.

Posted via CB10
    But... no, we can't give BlackBerry any positive credit... we just can't. ever.

The fact that the US also went up is great. Even if the numbers are wrong it means, at the very least, the US numbers are even. They are showing a decent gain (considering the recent trend), so the variance, if any, would mean a break even... I won't suggest it could mean that there is an even bigger gain, bc that will blow people's minds right out of their empty heads

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 12:53 PM
    The Z10 is a pretty good device at FREE on contract or at $199 outright (in the US)... when you compare it to either a two year old iPhone or a "cheap" Android, even the ecosystem problems can be overlooked.

Just not sure what happens when they finally sell all those heavily subsidized devices.

But then again none of these are actual sale figures, they are based on "checks" which do have a margin for error. And why in most cases if you fall below 5% they usually lump you in with the "others". That BlackBerry is still above 5% in a few markets is probable what is keeping them on the charts overall.
    I agree. I don't see many phones that can do all the Z10 does that are at the same price the Z10 is currently at in the US. I hope that gets people into BlackBerry again. I just really hope that the new batch of phones is priced competitively, and not as if they are gucci or apple branded rehashes

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 12:55 PM
    Could it possibly be corporate sales? Maybe they are having more companies switch to BES 10 and that's pulling them up?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 02:19 PM
    Actually you cannot find a blackberry device in any carrier shop in Spain, they are not offering blackberry devices so I doubt seriously that sales are up in my country. And to find an unlock BlackBerry smartphone? Forget it.

Posted via CB10
    That's true. Although Z10, Q10 and Z30 have been removed from the stores the Q5 is still available in carriers like Orange, Yoigo and others. Otherwise you can purchase any kind of bb10 on amazon and small online stores.

So maybe this increase it's true after all.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-18-14 07:50 AM
    I wouldn't like to sound like the man who knows better than anyone but how can Blackberry lose so many sales just by being absent on the web?!?
    How difficult would it be for them to put on line a European sale website with all the countries, and sell directly to customers?
    It seems always like they make it harder to buy their devices! In Italy you can buy the Z30 online via vodafone for 65e/month (at the end you spend more than 1500 euro in 2 years contract) or via. Wind at 599 euro (yes:810$!!!).
    So It would be time for BlackBerry to sell directly to customers with more appropriate prices (599 for an 'old' Z30 is ridiculous).
    It's easy and you can easily adjust your prices without depending on carriers that prefer to promote iDevices or Samsung-things...

Posted via CB10
    xxh likes this.
    07-18-14 11:57 AM
    I wonder what current Z10 inventory looks like. I hope it depleted quickly.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    07-18-14 12:52 PM