In Italy Windows phone has now reached the second place behind Android as number of phones sold. IOS is third and then there is BlackBerry.. It is sad but it means that nothing is impossible: with the worst OS on the market you can still get the second place.. Link is in Italian but I think you can see how Android: 67%, Winphone: 16%, iOs: 11%, BB: 2%.

In Italia Windows Phone supera iOS - Tecnologia e Internet - ANSA.it

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 02:50 AM
    It's is sad but I give Microsoft credit for the improvements they have made both in the OS functionality and improving the app ecosystem to be more on par with their competitors. Blackberry should be taking notes?

Sent using the CB app
    01-17-14 03:57 AM
    As I see some of these statistics from around the world I am just astounded that android holds that much market share. I mean the latest android devices are nice and the OS finally seems to be stable - but to completely blow the other 3 platforms out of the water like that it quite amazing.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 04:05 AM
    It's is sad but I give Microsoft credit for the improvements they have made both in the OS functionality and improving the app ecosystem to be more on par with their competitors. Blackberry should be taking notes?

Sent using the CB app
    I think that BlackBerry is working really well on improving and making enhancements on their OS,that is to me far better than the windows one. The fact is that in the past 6-8 months windows has started a massive marketing campaign here in Italy. Carriers also has started pushing windows devices a lot. Note that in Italy 90% people are so ignorant about technology: you cannot even imagine. Infact marketing just consists in showing phones on TV (no netflix here) or in the market: no specs, no info. Sad situation It would be so easy for BlackBerry to sell much more here..
    Little good thing: in the past months I started seeing some BB10 around..

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 04:46 AM
    I think that BlackBerry is working really well on improving and making enhancements on their OS,that is to me far better than the windows one. The fact is that in the past 6-8 months windows has started a massive marketing campaign here in Italy. Carriers also has started pushing windows devices a lot. Note that in Italy 90% people are so ignorant about technology: you cannot even imagine. Infact marketing just consists in showing phones on TV (no netflix here) or in the market: no specs, no info. Sad situation It would be so easy for BlackBerry to sell much more here..
    Little good thing: in the past months I started seeing some BB10 around..

Posted via CB10
    I agree but here in the USA the Blackberry brand is dead and that's really sad. Once folks heard that the company was in trouble, they just abandoned the brand all together.

Even corporate America has went to Android and IOS devices for their employees and others have the BYOD policy and all you see here are Apple and Android devices.

I really hope the new guy can rebuild the brand here but so far, I haven't seen anything that suggest they want to. T Mobile has stop selling BB10 devices and are not shown on their website anymore. You have to go through special channels to get one.

I am still looking to buy an unlocked z30 and going to install the 10.2.1.195 leak on it. My only concern would be that T Mobile will drop support for BB and then I will be screwed for future updates. Hopefully things will get better, hopefully.

Sent using the CB app
    01-17-14 04:55 AM
    I agree but here in the USA the Blackberry brand is dead and that's really sad. Once folks heard that the company was in trouble, they just abandoned the brand all together.

Even corporate America has went to Android and IOS devices for their employees and others have the BYOD policy and all you see here are Apple and Android devices.

I really hope the new guy can rebuild the brand here but so far, I haven't seen anything that suggest they want to. T Mobile has stop selling BB10 devices and are not shown on their website anymore. You have to go through special channels to get one.

I am still looking to buy an unlocked z30 and going to install the 10.2.1.195 leak on it. My only concern would be that T Mobile will drop support for BB and then I will be screwed for future updates. Hopefully things will get better, hopefully.

Sent using the CB app

Sent using the CB app
    01-17-14 04:56 AM
    As I see some of these statistics from around the world I am just astounded that android holds that much market share. I mean the latest android devices are nice and the OS finally seems to be stable - but to completely blow the other 3 platforms out of the water like that it quite amazing.

Posted via CB10
    The likes of Samsung have the engineering organisation to take the latest tech and rapidly push it out in new sexy products with great marketing to back it up.
    Chen hasn't even mentioned R&D or engineering yet. Which I find strange for the head of a high tech company.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-17-14 05:09 AM
    The likes of Samsung have the engineering organisation to take the latest tech and rapidly push it out in new sexy products with great marketing to back it up.
    Chen hasn't even mentioned R&D or engineering yet. Which I find strange for the head of a high tech company.
    Very good point
    01-17-14 07:46 AM
    Carriers in the UK are pushing WP like crazy.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 07:55 AM
    Chen's background is in software engineering, not hardware engineering. Plus BB cannot compete with Samsung, Apple or LG in terms of getting good prices for components like screens and chipsets because the others put in orders for millions of units, where BB will order maybe 1 million units for 12 months.

Regardless, Chen has said many times now that "enterprise" will be the focus, and enterprise has been moving towards BYOD for years now. BB is withdrawing from "first-world" markets that prioritize specs and performance, and will probably only release new models with middling specs in developing countries where iPhones and Galaxies are too expensive for the average person.
    01-17-14 11:48 AM
    Carriers in the UK are pushing WP like crazy.

Posted via CB10
    Translation : Microsoft is throwing money at their market machine at a rate higher than most companies make each year.

Sort of helps to own a couple of television networks and constantly blast ads about your products during the shows.
    smart548 likes this.
    01-17-14 11:59 AM
    Blackberry should be taking notes?
    Idk should they?
    Nokia Has Lost 20% of Smartphone Market Since Microsoft Partnership
    01-18-14 04:02 AM
    Really!! You picked one line out of my entire post and my response is how much has Blackberrys market share increased since the introduction of BB OS10???

Sent using the CB app
    01-18-14 04:07 AM