10-30-13 08:56 PM
126 ... 3456
tools
    Like others have said, it hurts the platforms credibility. This makes BBWorld look like a big joke.
    BBRY is what makes BBWorld into a "big joke" not S4BB.

S4BB is developing apps for its own commercial reasons, BBRY is responsible for approving what goes in BBWorld. The bigger problem with BBWorld isn't S4BB but the dearth of useful apps available on BBWorld.
    danprown and Etios like this.
    10-20-13 09:15 AM
    im not dowloading any of their any app because im irritated by the company. nothing to applause of.

Posted via CB10
    garnok likes this.
    10-20-13 09:16 AM
    If they ban him they have an app store with 1000 apps. Game over. Have to at least make it look good
    The real problem is that BBRY is actually encouraging this type of activities. Well, if not encouraging, at least tacitly allowing it to happen. They even reward them monetarily, don't they?
    Obviously, BBRY is conscious about the lack of apps.
    But is this something a decent company does?
    A totally different mentality. In a way, they are insulting the intelligence of users.
    BBRY style all the way....
    Last edited by xanadome; 10-20-13 at 12:20 PM.
    danprown, Etios and bekkay like this.
    10-20-13 10:15 AM
    It hurts the platform and its credibility (not that it has much anyway). To dispute that just shows how far your head is buried in the sand..

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Thanks for that. But I'm sorry my mom or aunt with their z10s don't care one company is making city maps. And my head is not buried in sand, I'm just not being a sensationalist like half the people on this forum.

Posted from my Z10
    10-20-13 12:40 PM
    Like others have said, it hurts the platforms credibility. This makes BBWorld look like a big joke.
    What credibility, ?It's a free market, if s4bb wants to waste it's time making apps no one downloads then they have a right to do so.

Posted from my Z10[/QUOTE]
    NYC10065 likes this.
    10-20-13 12:41 PM
    Double post
    10-20-13 12:43 PM
    What credibility, ?

Posted from my Z10
    Exactly

Sent from my Nexus 4
    garnok, JeepBB, NYC10065 and 2 others like this.
    10-20-13 01:32 PM
    Exactly

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Exactly

Posted from my Z10
    10-20-13 01:53 PM
    Let's just hope that whoever ends up as the new owner of BB, that upon taking control, the 2nd item on their 'to do list' after changing the locks on the executive offices and firing every top level manager, VP, & C level personnel ... is to remove every app listed from S4BB in BB World that doesn't have a sale. The only exclusion is the 5 (five!) of 200+K apps that they would have with Built for BB designation. That should remove 99.9% of their junk apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 04:47 PM
    Thanks for that. But I'm sorry my mom or aunt with their z10s don't care one company is making city maps. And my head is not buried in sand, I'm just not being a sensationalist like half the people on this forum.

Posted from my Z10
    If 3/4 of the BlackBerry world is populated by city guides, whilst we have the situation of lacking mainstream, banking and business apps, then you don't have to be Stephen Hawking to understand that app wise, BB10 doesn't fulfill the needs of the average user and the prosumer as well.

This is an immense hindrance, for a higher adoptionrate of the BB10 platform.
    Combine that with the relatively high prices of the devices as well as for apps and you know a big part of the reasons why BlackBerry struggles right now.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 05:22 PM
    If 3/4 of the BlackBerry world is populated by city guides, whilst we have the situation of lacking mainstream, banking and business apps, then you don't have to be Stephen Hawking to understand that app wise, BB10 doesn't fulfill the needs of the average user and the prosumer as well.

This is an immense hindrance, for a higher adoptionrate of the BB10 platform.
    Combine that with the relatively high prices of the devices as well as for apps and you know a big part of the reasons why BlackBerry struggles right now.

Posted via CB10
    No. It's not a hindrance, it's an annoyance. S4bb is not preventing other app makers from making bb10 apps.

Posted from my Z10
    10-20-13 05:43 PM
    I'm sure Alec Saunders will gloat about the percentage increase in apps, app gap closing, etc at his next keynote.
    Throw a shoe at Alec Saunders at his next appearance.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-20-13 07:22 PM
    It would be a waste of a good shoe. The puppet would still be working there. Blackberry is run by a bunch of amateurs with no care about consumers anymore IMHO.

Best thing is the company is sold and FIRE all management and bring in an entire new team. Over the years each and everyone has proved themselves as useless.
    10-21-13 07:59 AM
    BBRY is what makes BBWorld into a "big joke" not S4BB.

S4BB is developing apps for its own commercial reasons, BBRY is responsible for approving what goes in BBWorld. The bigger problem with BBWorld isn't S4BB but the dearth of useful apps available on BBWorld.
    I agree. It is BBs fault for even allowing this.
    10-21-13 12:21 PM
    What credibility, ?It's a free market, if s4bb wants to waste it's time making apps no one downloads then they have a right to do so.

Posted from my Z10
    You are missing the point. Having 150k+ apps by one developer on your platform in 6 months is a joke.

Yes it is a free market. That is not the point. The point is BB is allowing a developer to submit a ridiculous amount of apps into their market in such a short amount of time. All of which are singular apps which could have been consolidated into one city guide app with in app purchases.

It just looks bad. You don't see any other app store allowing this to happen, and there is a reason for it.
    10-21-13 12:26 PM
    You are missing the point. Having 150k+ apps by one developer on your platform in 6 months is a joke.

Yes it is a free market. That is not the point. The point is BB is allowing a developer to submit a ridiculous amount of apps into their market in such a short amount of time. All of which are singular apps which could have been consolidated into one city guide app with in app purchases.

It just looks bad. You don't see any other app store allowing this to happen, and there is a reason for it.
    I'm not missing the point. I just don't think it's as big a deal as you guys seem to think it is. All I care about is is BlackBerry getting the big name apps in their store. S4bb is irrelevant.

Posted from my Z10
    10-21-13 12:45 PM
    Well they should offer a option to hide his CRAP. It pollutes any real apps
    10-21-13 07:05 PM

I wish there were under 100,000 apps in BlackBerry World if it meant I didn't have to put with S4BB spam. I'm just glad the mainstream media and Google and Apple haven't covered this very much.
    10-26-13 06:31 PM
    Just a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. BlackBerry on the surface level needed to close app gap. Developers weren't flocking to build on BB10. S4BB was able to churn out. Nobody has a true definition of what constitutes an app either. Restrict S4BB, and BlackBerry gets grilled by app volume advocates (you know they won't review all those hundreds of thousands of apps on any app store.) So upon launch, what option would you go with? I think I'd choose the former as my best option.

I actually have a couple of their apps that seem pretty useful and free for the most part. S4BB plays a volume model much like our retail dollar stores. You don't get brand name but but meets the basic need.

They build in native BB10 at least and not a Droid port. They see nobody else stepping into app segments and they feel they can corner the app market on this platform. If you were an app company and looking to expand, wouldn't you try to take advantage if you could?

Complainers should be giving heat to the app developers that haven't even bothered to even do an easy port to BB10 (Netflix, Instagram, and what else really?) Understanding that it is also tied to marketshare, I paid for the Z10 and a Q10 to help out indirectly and so have others that have done so. Now for the complainers that don't have or no longer have BB10, what have you done to help this problem? You didn't buy into BB10 and it doesn't seem you are rallying the troops to advocate either. So how are you helping?

I think many here understand the troubles and challenges that BlackBerry has and they are trying to educate and excite others into helping to have BlackBerry be a viable option rather than being crapped on. Let people be happy with what they got and let them help and support each other.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 loaded with 10.2.0.1725
    10-26-13 07:40 PM
    http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearne...lackberry_app/

Made the front page this morning.

Posted via CB from my BlackBerry Z30
    10-26-13 10:06 PM
    came here to see if anyone posted this on crackberry.com

it's a real shame, because it's true, couple this with the fact that there are also many posts all over reddit about how blackberry is buying reviews for the bbm app, and this whole thing is starting to turn around from a good story to a PR nightmare.
    10-27-13 03:26 AM
    came here to see if anyone posted this on crackberry.com

it's a real shame, because it's true, couple this with the fact that there are also many posts all over reddit about how blackberry is buying reviews for the bbm app, and this whole thing is starting to turn around from a good story to a PR nightmare.
    Blackberry buying reviews for BBM??? Say it ain't so!
    10-27-13 03:45 AM
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5338/m5bb.png

I wish there were under 100,000 apps in BlackBerry World if it meant I didn't have to put with S4BB spam. I'm just glad the mainstream media and Google and Apple haven't covered this very much.
    Had to look these up, some not even in Wikipedia! :
    1. Belle Glade - in Palm Beach County, Florida; population 17,467
    2. Bell Island - Newfoundland, Canada; small island 9 km's long & 3 km's wide; 3 small communities, <4000 population (1996)
    3. Bell Rock - outpost on the Slave River, NWT Canada ; looks like just a handful of scattered buildings in google maps, only has 3 roads!
    4. Bell Buckle - town in Bedford County, Tennessee; population 500 (2010)
    5. Belle Plaine - amazing, there are two of them and a city guide for each!
    - Belle Plaine, Saskatchewan, Canada - actually a village, population of 64
    - Belle Plaine, Minnesota - population 6,804

Makes you wonder how & why BB isn't embarrassed by this, allowing such obvious junk and may be using it in their app count.
    Computer random generated, filling in a template, just like the bot routines in phone solicitation robo calls ... these guides aren't apps.
    Etios and Mack Gans like this.
    10-27-13 05:43 PM
    Slowly BlackBerry World will morph into S4BB World...scary lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 10:30 PM
    I'm sure there are many people who need a street map and a list of restaurants and boutiques for a town with 100 residents. Otherwise you could get lost!
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    10-29-13 10:35 PM
126 ... 3456