10-30-13 07:56 PM
126 ... 23456
tools
    It's absolutely spam. Some things like city guide and audio books don't deserve to be called an app. BBRY should know that by accepting rubbish things like that, they are dramatically decreasing the average quality of BlackBerry world. Plz don't make a race on quantity, but focus on quality.

Posted via CB10
    Too late.
    JeepBB and Rickroller like this.
    10-19-13 04:12 AM
    I just looked under Utilities in BBWORLD and there appears to be a huge amount of new (some reasonably interesting) applications.
    Didn't see any there from the subject of the thread, although I didn't look at everything.
    There really are more apps.

Z10 via CB10
    10-19-13 04:42 AM
    ...personally i find instagram to be crap. i do not get it what is so special about it. yet everyone wants it.
    So they can look at Kim Kardashian's booty. Good enuff reason for me.
    John Pawling and cwalt2166 like this.
    10-19-13 06:57 PM
    And yet this has absolutely zero effect on the performance or the usability of our blackberrys. These "apps" do jot get promoted, they don't get featured and you only see them in the new arrivals section. Good apps get floated, bad ones fall to the bottom. Drama over nothing.

Posted from my Z10
    John Pawling likes this.
    10-19-13 09:24 PM
    And yet this has absolutely zero effect on the performance or the usability of our blackberrys. These "apps" do jot get promoted, they don't get featured and you only see them in the new arrivals section. Good apps get floated, bad ones fall to the bottom. Drama over nothing.

Posted from my Z10
    It's not over nothing. One damn company has made 46,000+ apps for ONE PLATFORM and will soon have over 150k. That is absolutely ridiculous. Even if they were quality that is still insane. When ONE developer accounts for that many apps, it's going to get some attention from people on this board. It does not look good.

BB10 hasn't even been out for a year. Even if BB10 was out for 10 years this still looks weird.
    JeepBB and Etios like this.
    10-19-13 09:43 PM
    Drama over nothing.

Posted from my Z10
    Yah, but it's funny. Come on, 40,000 city apps? Do 40,000 cities even exist? It's friggin' hilarious someone can pump out almost 200,000 apps since BB10 was introduced and it takes BlackBerry 9 months to fix their alarm clock app.
    10-19-13 09:45 PM
    What's wrong with these apps? We need more location specific apps, and the ones coming are not bad.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 10:33 PM
    It's not over nothing. One damn company has made 46,000+ apps for ONE PLATFORM and will soon have over 150k. That is absolutely ridiculous. Even if they were quality that is still insane. When ONE developer accounts for that many apps, it's going to get some attention from people on this board. It does not look good.

BB10 hasn't even been out for a year. Even if BB10 was out for 10 years this still looks weird.
    Again, so what? How does it hurt you or your phone in anyway?

Posted from my Z10
    10-19-13 10:36 PM

Posted from my Z10
    It hurts the platform and its credibility (not that it has much anyway). To dispute that just shows how far your head is buried in the sand..

Sent from my Nexus 4
    10-19-13 10:43 PM
    What's wrong with these apps? We need more location specific apps, and the ones coming are not bad.

Posted via CB10
    Location specific apps..not maps. Big difference..

Sent from my Nexus 4
    10-19-13 10:44 PM

Posted from my Z10
    As noted, it does hurt the credibility of the platform. If apps are important (and BBRY says they are a major factor) then it makes little sense for it to allow this to occur.

IMHO.
    techvisor, xandermac and Etios like this.
    10-19-13 10:48 PM

Posted from my Z10
    It doesn't, but it's one more thing people CAN and WILL make fun of. Come on, doesn't BlackBerry get enough crap from their critics as it is? This is just adding gasoline to the fire. Almost 200,000 apps from one company and a fifth of them are city apps? That's ridiculous.

So again, it doesn't hurt me, or my phone, but it hurts BlackBerry, because they're again see as a laughingstock in the smartphone world, which is not a good thing for BlackBerry. So, if you are a fan of the company BlackBerry, then you should see this as a bad thing, because once again, they've become the target of ridicule. Now, if you like them being the target of ridicule, then I guess you could see this as a good thing.

EDIT: I guess it's entirely possible there's some people out there who might not see the 138K apps from S4BB as being funny or ridiculous or what have you and genuinely believe it's a positive thing because S4BB is single handedly closing the dreaded "app gap." To those people.... I can only say: S4BB and BBRY FTW!!!!
    10-20-13 12:24 AM
    Ever thought about the leverage this gives S4BB over BlackBerry? What happens when S4BB threatens BlackBerry to remove all their apps from the store? From 200,000 to 20,000 in one day?
    10-20-13 01:17 AM
    Ever thought about the leverage this gives S4BB over BlackBerry? What happens when S4BB threatens BlackBerry to remove all their apps from the store? From 200,000 to 20,000 in one day?
    It would be one of the best days of my life
    ekv, MarsupilamiX and howarmat like this.
    10-20-13 01:40 AM
    One could give them a bit of feedback by rating their press release:
    http://www.s4bb.com/2013/10/18/press...ckberry-world/

Edit: Seems you can only rate if you give them a high enough score. I submitted my rating and the correctly calculated new score was shown, but after reloading the page the old score was there again and I can't rate again.
    Makes you even more likeable, S4BB .
    Last edited by Rjinswand; 10-20-13 at 03:09 AM.
    10-20-13 02:54 AM
    I don't really understand why this is in the forums when it's on the front page? No offense but it just seems like an excuse to start a new topic. The comment section of the article is enough in my opinion.
    Not everyone reads the front page. I almost never look at the front page. I have never listened to a single podcast so if it doesn't show up in the Forums I will miss it. I can assure I am not the only one.
    avt123 likes this.
    10-20-13 03:06 AM
    No one really cares about the number of apps. People only care about the big hitters all their friends have and a few more serious niche apps they have grown to rely on. Many of these are still absent and won't be coming any time soon.
    As for s4bb, there is clearly a money making angle here, either somehow getting dosh from BBRY themselves or from unsuspecting punters. Rather like call centres pounding out cold calls maybe.
    Either way not good for the bbry image.
    10-20-13 03:07 AM
    I'm good with that as it would give your apps and those of the more reputable developers more visibility.
    10-20-13 03:10 AM
    No one really cares about the number of apps. People only care about the big hitters all their friends have and a few more serious niche apps they have grown to rely on. Many of these are still absent and won't be coming any time soon.
    As for s4bb, there is clearly a money making angle here, either somehow getting dosh from BBRY themselves or from unsuspecting punters. Rather like call centres pounding out cold calls maybe.
    Either way not good for the bbry image.
    Blackberry clearly do otherwise they wouldn't have been harping on the number so much. But, I agree with you. This development before was embarrassing and now it's become ludicrous.
    BBThemes, JeepBB and Etios like this.
    10-20-13 04:08 AM
    whats the big deal!! this is good! look at the play store ! i dno y people are complaining about this!
    10-20-13 06:57 AM
    BBM needs to subcontract BBM4ALL to S4BB.

If S4BB can really pump out 138,792 apps in the 9 months since BB10 launched, they'd have been able to fix whatever mysterious illness BBM4ALL has had since Sep 21. Good on S4BB for being able to be so prolific with their BB10 apps. BBRY could certainly learn something from them.
    10-20-13 07:32 AM
    Learn something from them? What exactly? How to program an app shell for which automatically public domain content gets ripped of? How to let Chinese interns do most of the work?
    10-20-13 07:37 AM
    Learn something from them? What exactly? How to program an app shell for which automatically public domain content gets ripped of? How to let Chinese interns do most of the work?
    To actually get apps out. BBM4ALL is already a month late. If you believe BBRY, they are working "around the clock" to get BBM4ALL out. If so, something must have gone horribly wrong for them to be this late.
    10-20-13 07:49 AM

Posted from my Z10
    Like others have said, it hurts the platforms credibility. This makes BBWorld look like a big joke.
    10-20-13 07:59 AM
    BBM needs to subcontract BBM4ALL to S4BB.

If S4BB can really pump out 138,792 apps in the 9 months since BB10 launched, they'd have been able to fix whatever mysterious illness BBM4ALL has had since Sep 21. Good on S4BB for being able to be so prolific with their BB10 apps. BBRY could certainly learn something from them.
    They could even make a separate BBM app for every user.
    NYC10065 likes this.
    10-20-13 08:00 AM
126 ... 23456