Well just heard this on the news in Colombia, where a mere five years ago pretty much everybody had a BlackBerry. Apparently they're closing all their offices in Latin America, along with personnel cuts, and only a couple staff in Mexico will continue to serve the needs of the region.

Which, of course, must be really low now. Their offices here were catering exclusively to the enterprise sector. If they don't need that dedicated staff any longer, well, I guess that says a lot about how little business they have in this region.

I've seen some rumours that they're also closing offices in India. Will try to find out more and keep this updated.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 10:14 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are, even in the Middle East, as they grow their software business, and they can have implementors in the respective markets, no point in having so many offices and personnel.
    10-20-15 09:40 AM
    I wonder if/when the Priv will be available on any Latin American carriers.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    11-19-15 07:05 PM
    OP do you have a link to the news source?

Sadly, yes there will be more cuts. Until revenues stabilize, Chen has to make cuts to keep operational cost down. And with Good being so far in the red, there is no doubt that parts of it's business along with parts of BES that are redundant will also get chopped in the near future.

And too be honest... I'm sure BlackBerry is in a position to be a global company anymore. Might be much wiser to offer their products and services to a smaller market at this time.
    11-20-15 08:54 AM