04-20-15 12:29 AM
44 12
tools
    I'd like to see Jony Ive meeting the BlackBerry design team...
    You mean, Jony Ive slapping the BB design team across the face.

Rumored buyout by Huawei-ds2smack01.jpg
    JeepBB and mikeo007 like this.
    04-04-15 01:15 AM
    At that point, it ceases to be a Blackberry, and there would be no reason for anyone to buy one. I like the fact that I have a BlackBerry; it is not an iPhone, or an Android. If BlackBerry becomes a "non-BlackBerry", then I shall just seek out the best Android, to fit my needs. I have a (probably psychopathic) aversion to iPhone.
    Yes but your your assuming that everyone buys a Blackberry for the same reason you do.

For me, it would still be a Blackberry if owned by a chinese company, for you, may be not which is fine... if you really blur the lines though... the Blackberry Z3 isn't a real Blackberry either... it was made by Foxconn... a Chinese company.

So what makes Blackberry a Blackberry, the OS? The keyboard? The apps that run on top of it? The CEO (Chinese - John Chen)? The shareholders, where its made, who owns it? Who uses it?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-04-15 07:27 AM
    I don't know that they're opposed to it being foreign owned per se. However the a company that is under a government who's openly practiced cyber warfare against half the world is a whole different story.

Via Tapatalk
    Yeah, because China doesn't conduct any cyber warfare against any country

I think it'll be a cold day in hell before BlackBerry sells itself to China. If you want to remain profitable in the secure telecommunications business, selling yourself to China is not the way to do it.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    04-04-15 07:30 AM
    Yeah, because China doesn't conduct any cyber warfare against any country

I think it'll be a cold day in hell before BlackBerry sells itself to China. If you want to remain profitable in the secure telecommunications business, selling yourself to China is not the way to do it.

JB

Yeah... that was the point I was making. I was referring to China.
    04-04-15 07:52 AM
    I don't know that they're opposed to it being foreign owned per se. However the a company that is under a government who's openly practiced cyber warfare against half the world is a whole different story.

Via Tapatalk
    Evidence?
    04-04-15 08:27 AM
    Evidence?
    Seriously? It's common news that a quick search will find. Numerous major companies and government entities around the world have had to combat against attacks originating in China. China even published a report acknowledging their cyber warfare division (to no one's surprise). A quick Google/Bing/DuckDuckGo search will give you plenty of source material to read.
    04-04-15 08:35 AM
    Yeah... that was the point I was making. I was referring to China.
    Apologies, I totally read that a different way.

JB

DenverRalphy likes this.
    04-04-15 09:17 AM
    Yes but your your assuming that everyone buys a Blackberry for the same reason you do.

For me, it would still be a Blackberry if owned by a chinese company, for you, may be not which is fine... if you really blur the lines though... the Blackberry Z3 isn't a real Blackberry either... it was made by Foxconn... a Chinese company.

So what makes Blackberry a Blackberry, the OS? The keyboard? The apps that run on top of it? The CEO (Chinese - John Chen)? The shareholders, where its made, who owns it? Who uses it?
    Actually Foxconn is a company headquartered out of Taiwan. It is not Chinese. They have factories in China (iPhone), Taiwan, Indonesia, and other places. Taiwan is considered a trusted manufacturing location by US Government.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 11:04 AM
    Actually Foxconn is a company headquartered out of Taiwan. It is not Chinese. They have factories in China (iPhone), Taiwan, Indonesia, and other places. Taiwan is considered a trusted manufacturing location by US Government.
    Yes, I stand corrected, they have factories in China, but is a Taiwanese company.
    04-04-15 04:47 PM
    Yes, I stand corrected, they have factories in China, but is a Taiwanese company.
    Now that said, anything that gets manufactured in China, no matter where the company'S HQ is can not be TAA compliant. Without that it can cause problems with some government contracts in the purchasing side.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 05:07 PM
    You mean, Jony Ive slapping the BB design team across the face.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ds2smack01.jpg 
Views:	975 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	345423
    I don't like Jony Ive's design philosophy tbh...
    He changed Apple to something worse, than before.
    Sorry, but a MacBook with just one port is exactly just one thing: dumb.

The design language of iOS never was my thing, but the ugliest OS versions are the Jony Ive ones(all imho ofc).

Dumbing the MacBook Pro down and making it more akin to iOS is another one of these moments in which I want to smack someone at Apple.

I mean, I don't like BlackBerry's design team either, but Apple got worse under Ive, imho.
    randomroyalty likes this.
    04-04-15 06:23 PM
    Not gonna happen...
    04-04-15 07:04 PM
    Just throwing it out there, more and more government agencies are dropping BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 09:02 PM
    April fool

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:17 PM
    Huawei is not trusted everywhere, to say the least.
    So likely this is gonna stay what it is, a rumor... :-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    04-09-15 12:09 AM
    Could Huawei buy the handset division (and everything that goes with it) and be trusted?
    04-09-15 12:38 AM
    Could Huawei buy the handset division (and everything that goes with it) and be trusted?
    Nope. The FUD would prevent it ... :-)

Personally, even though I used a Huawei qwerty feature phone a while ago, I wouldn't trust a HuaBerry smartphone ...

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    04-10-15 09:39 PM
    Personally, even though I used a Huawei qwerty feature phone a while ago, I wouldn't trust a HuaBerry smartphone ...
    So how can a BlackBerry manufactured by a company with major Chinese interests be trusted?
    04-19-15 09:06 AM
    I don't see why Blackberry cannot be sold to a Chinese company.

Unless the Canadian govt + the US govt are willing to pay billions to keep Blackberry afloat, then let it be sold and start using iOS / Android... they already do at some levels.

You can't (even though *they* do), prevent the sale of a company just because 5 or 6 heads of state (plus their minions) use a Blackberry, if that's the case, give Obama & co a OS7 device, allow BB10 to grow with Lenova or whoever else wants a shot.

I know it's not as simple as the above but, its seriously becoming a joke.
    When you put it that way, it seems insane that the Canadian government could prevent the sale of BBRY to a Chinese company.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 12:29 AM
44 12