10-04-14 09:55 PM
122 ... 345
tools
    Well, that's exactly the case where I live -- just outside of Los Angeles. But I get bad coverage by from ALL carriers. So having wifi-calling is the savior. When I'm overseas, not only does t-mo have great rates, but I just end up using wifi-calling 99% of the time because it's free to and from the States. So, I'm sticking with them.
    Sounds like for you it is a definite plus to stick with them. For me, it was not worth the coverage issues. I never travel overseas.
    08-07-14 10:41 AM
    NOT GONNA HAPPEN . Boo hiss.
    Just confirmed tonight that T-mobile is NOT going to carry this phone, as well as Verizon. Hopefully they will still be compatible, and those user can purchase outright.
    AT&T will be, but it will be delayed for release. As mentioned before, they are requesting a more rounded look to the phone.
    Sorry if I mislead anyone. Good thing it was in the rumor section.

Posted via my ?Vic20?
    08-09-14 12:51 AM
    Not the least bit surprising. TMO doesn't need to carry it, if the version that just passed through the FCC gets released. It's got all of TMO's current bands, and in a surprising FU to Verizon, it has their LTE band 13 as well. It has all of AT&T's bands too this time. So if ShopBB carries it, TMO customers can buy it from there--although it would have been nice to get it on EIP, I guess.
    brosee, lift and aiharkness like this.
    08-09-14 01:24 AM
    I'll do the jump program on this for my mother in law. She's on an aged 9700, but refuses to let up on keyboards, so it's hanging on by a thread.

Hopefully it's under 600, to keep the payments around 20 a month.

If so, she will be surprised shortly.
    08-09-14 08:52 AM
    I'll do the jump program on this for my mother in law. She's on an aged 9700, but refuses to let up on keyboards, so it's hanging on by a thread.

Hopefully it's under 600, to keep the payments around 20 a month.

If so, she will be surprised shortly.
    it's not coming to TMO, as per the OP. It was very, very far fetched from the beginning.
    08-09-14 09:37 AM
    Oh well, that sucks. I didn't read the post above mine. I guess I can only hope. Maybe buy one unlocked and go that route.
    08-09-14 09:47 AM
    Not the least bit surprising. TMO doesn't need to carry it, if the version that just passed through the FCC gets released. It's got all of TMO's current bands, and in a surprising FU to Verizon, it has their LTE band 13 as well. It has all of AT&T's bands too this time. So if ShopBB carries it, TMO customers can buy it from there--although it would have been nice to get it on EIP, I guess.
    Does it also have Verizon's 1700/2100 Mhz AWS band for Verizon's new "XLTE"?
    08-09-14 04:06 PM
    Does it also have Verizon's 1700/2100 Mhz AWS band for Verizon's new "XLTE"?
    Yes it does. But this model's "in" is band 13. Verizon is under no obligation to allow anyone to bring any old phone on their network...unless it has band 13. They're then required to allow the phone on their band 13 network, but not necessarily any other network (the band 4 XLTE or CDMA.)
    08-09-14 04:12 PM
    NOT GONNA HAPPEN . Boo hiss.
    Just confirmed tonight that T-mobile is NOT going to carry this phone, as well as Verizon. Hopefully they will still be compatible, and those user can purchase outright.
    AT&T will be, but it will be delayed for release. As mentioned before, they are requesting a more rounded look to the phone.
    Sorry if I mislead anyone. Good thing it was in the rumor section.

Posted via my ?Vic20?
    Seriously, Verizon won't carry it? I call bull****. But if they really don't, I'll jump to a GSM network.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 08-11-14 at 12:45 AM.
    08-10-14 09:39 PM
    I'm in Canada and on Telus my contact is up in 2015 so I'll wait till new touch screen comes out... I'm happy with Z30 works great for me

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 02:26 AM
    Seriously, Verizon won't carry it? I call bull****. But if they really don't, I'll jump to a GSM network.

Posted via CB10
    I too think it unlikely as Verizon has been a big supporter of BlackBerry and they have a large number of enterprise accounts. Most likely we just haven't seen the CDMA version yet....

Then again there are rumors out there that Verizon canceled their version of the Passport lillyfoxblogs

But as for "jumping".... if I didn't need Verizon's coverage, I would have jumped long ago as they are more expensive than T-Mobile and Sprint. For me, coverage comes first.
    08-14-14 02:18 PM
    I'm a little bit nervous that the verizon Passport has not been through the FCC.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 07:00 PM
    Given the latest information, should the thread be re-titled to "Passport supported only by AT&T in USA?"

Well, so long as AT&T gets it, I can at least test it in the store to see what it's like.

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.700+.296/T-Mobile USA
    08-18-14 08:43 PM
    I too think it unlikely as Verizon has been a big supporter of BlackBerry and they have a large number of enterprise accounts. Most likely we just haven't seen the CDMA version yet....

Then again there are rumors out there that Verizon canceled their version of the Passport lillyfoxblogs
    The rumor kind of makes sense if true. Verizon could still be supportive of BB10; but, since it already plans to carry the Classic, it doesn't feel there is enough demand to support a second model.
    08-19-14 06:44 AM
    Once Verizon rolls out VoLTE late this year, will the Passport be able to receive phone calls over LTE even without CDMA bands?
    raino likes this.
    08-19-14 03:26 PM
    Once Verizon rolls out VoLTE late this year, will the Passport be able to receive phone calls over LTE even without CDMA bands?
    That's a great question. Verizon uses two bands for LTE--bands 13 and 4--so I guess the question is, which of these two networks is voLTE on? If it's on the b4 ( "XLTE" ) network, you can forget voLTE--Verizon is never going to allow an unsanctioned device to access anything but b13,. But if it is on b13, things get a little interesting. Does "open access" mean "open access to network and any technology that leverages that network?" In that case, Verizon may be forced to allow voLTE.

The only US carrier that has rolled out voLTE that BB10 phones can use is TMO. And perhaps unsurprisingly, the only BB phones that can do voLTE on TMO are the Z10 STL100-3 and the Q10 SQN100-5--two TMO "sanctioned" phones. The Z30 can't, nor can the Q5 or any other models of the Q10/Z10--despite all of them being capable of it.

So my guess is that Verizon, like TMO, is very much keeping things proprietary right now. But if voLTE is on b13, it might be worth exploring further.
    Last edited by raino; 08-19-14 at 04:29 PM.
    ctkittinger84 likes this.
    08-19-14 04:04 PM
    I'm a little bit nervous that the verizon Passport has not been through the FCC.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I left t-mobile to get the Z30. I don't really feel like going back lol

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 11:43 AM
    +1

Posted with my T-Mobile USA ? Q10 via CB10.
    08-24-14 08:36 PM
    Verizon has changed their plans on the VoLTE roll-out and are now waiting until 2016 before introducing any LTE only devices. Would not be surprised if there remains a CDMA requirement in the short term... just to prevent them from having to allow other devices on their network.

Really will have to wait an see....
    08-25-14 07:56 AM
    I'm still waiting for T MOBILE To carry the Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 08:44 AM
    I'm still waiting for T MOBILE To carry the Passport

Posted via CB10

You're going to be waiting for a very longtime. T-Mobile doesn't even have a contract to sell BlackBerry devices anymore.

I have T-Mobile too and got the Passport through Shop BlackBerry and it works beautifully (no WiFi Calling though). I get great LTE as if this were a T-Mobile branded phone.

All I had to do was go into T-Mobile and get a nano sim, which they activated right there and I put it into my Passport and was on my way.
    hpjrt and leojzueg like this.
    10-04-14 04:00 PM
    Rumor: T-Mobile testing Passport-img_20141004_225455.png

C002EFE5D The Kuqo Group
    leojzueg likes this.
    10-04-14 09:55 PM
122 ... 345