10-04-14 10:55 PM
122 ... 2345
tools
    Hmm, considering the marketshare that t-mobile has using BlackBerry, and the outrage that ensued coming from a tweet.... yeah, I'm sticking to that story.
    Um, I think his point is that it wasn't over a tweet at all...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    HER point is that it was the "trade in your BlackBerry for $200" promotion from T-Mobile, not some snarky tweet from Legere.
    07-28-14 01:23 PM
    It was not just because of some tweet war. That trade-in offer was disgusting. What a direct attack and insult to BlackBerry. If the offer was $200. for any smartphone, that would have been fine. But to tell people that if they trade in a BlackBerry only to get the offer was pretty sad. BlackBerry knew that was a direct attack against them to get people away from BlackBerry devices and tried to make it look like BlackBerry was going away so trade in your device before it's worthless. BlackBerry did the right thing by revoking T-Mobiles license to sell BlackBerry phones. It's very obvious what T-Mobile thinks of BlackBerry.
    07-28-14 01:33 PM
    Carrier and makers' relationships can change at the drop of a hat. So, let's see... if another hat drops.
    brosee likes this.
    07-28-14 01:47 PM
    There is no proof AFAIK that the trade in deal was the root cause vs just another point of contention between two companies that resulted in the break up. But it didn't help, for sure.
    07-28-14 02:59 PM
    There is no proof AFAIK that the trade in deal was the root cause vs just another point of contention between two companies that resulted in the break up. But it didn't help, for sure.
    Here's a letter from John Chen regarding the T-Mobile anti-BlackBerry campaign;
    BlackBerry CEO, John Chen on T-Mobile?s Anti-BlackBerry Campaign | Inside BlackBerry

Late last week, T-Mobile emailed an offer targeting BlackBerry users on its network asking them to switch their BlackBerry devices to a competitor’s smartphone. As we were never told of their plans in advance, I can only guess that T-Mobile thought its “great offer for BlackBerry customers” would be well received. T-Mobile could not have been more wrong.

I want to thank our loyal customers for your commitment to BlackBerry. By expressing your outrage directly to T-Mobile ‎through tweets, calls and comments in the media and on blog posts, you sent a powerful message that T-Mobile could not ignore. Your partnership with our brand is appreciated by all of us at BlackBerry, and draws a sharp contrast with the behavior of our longtime business partner.

I can assure you that we are outraged too. What puzzles me more is that T-Mobile did not speak with us before or after they launched this clearly inappropriate and ill-conceived marketing promotion.

To the BlackBerry user community, I want to extend our deepest gratitude. Y‎our passion motivates us every day as we navigate our turnaround. And for our loyal customers on the T-Mobile network, know that we have an offer in the works designed especially for you. Watch this space for an update very soon.

Finally, to T-Mobile, I would like to remind you that our long-standing partnership was once productive and profitable for both BlackBerry and T-Mobile. I hope we can find a way forward that allows us to serve our shared customers once again. Notwithstanding the current challenge, we remain very excited about BlackBerry’s future.
    If T-Mobile had never made that promotion to get iPhones by trading in BlackBerrys for the $200 credit, Chen would not have ended their longstanding partnership.
    07-28-14 03:18 PM
    Here's a letter from John Chen regarding the T-Mobile anti-BlackBerry campaign;
    BlackBerry CEO, John Chen on T-Mobile?s Anti-BlackBerry Campaign | Inside BlackBerry

If T-Mobile had never made that promotion to get iPhones by trading in BlackBerrys for the $200 credit, Chen would not have ended their longstanding partnership.
    I'm glad you found that letter. Just reminded me again why I am not a big fan of T-Mobile. Thanks Denise for posting it.
    07-28-14 03:57 PM
    I'm glad you found that letter. Just reminded me again why I am not a big fan of T-Mobile. Thanks Denise for posting it.
    You're welcome. I am somewhat known for having a good memory. But Google helps. LOL.
    07-28-14 04:13 PM
    As far as T Mobile ever carrying the passport, I will only believe it when I can buy one from one of their retail stores here in the USA or buy one off of their website, I not holding my breath.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    07-28-14 07:49 PM
    I don't know. Been with t-mo about 9 years and have found customer service responsive and (usually) intelligent. Same for their retail stores (but I'm in So. Cali). Their rates are great, and they have wifi-calling. If I didn't have a BlackBerry (my first, BTW) I probably wouldn't even know of this debate. Which does strike me a bit as two lone wolves barking in the night.
    07-29-14 09:10 AM
    I don't know. Been with t-mo about 9 years and have found customer service responsive and (usually) intelligent. Same for their retail stores (but I'm in So. Cali). Their rates are great, and they have wifi-calling. If I didn't have a BlackBerry (my first, BTW) I probably wouldn't even know of this debate. Which does strike me a bit as two lone wolves barking in the night.
    I've been with T-Mobile for 9 years also, and for the most part, their customer service is good. What is not cool is their anti-BlackBerry actions which affect me as a long-standing customer as well as their partnership with BlackBerry.

But now I know. I will buy phones from Amazon or other online stores. Never from T-Mobile again.
    raino, lift, tryfe and 1 others like this.
    07-29-14 12:32 PM
    I had T-Mobile for a short while. Their customer service and store employees were great. I didn't have a problem with that. I switched to AT&T because of T-mobiles coverage issues. The area I live in has very poor coverage with T-Mobile. Then ultimately switched to Verizon for the Z30. AT&T and T-mobile do not support the Z30. My main problem with T-Mobile is just like what Denise said. Their vicious anti-BlackBerry actions and rants.
    gokulesh likes this.
    07-29-14 05:31 PM
    To be realistic, every carrier will be testing the Passport. They can't afford not to. The industry learned the hard way: not having a hit phone hurts. iPhone 1 provided that lesson. They also know that customers are fickle and will drop their tried and true for the next hot smartphone.

BlackBerry Carrier Relations would obviously be happy to send test units to any carrier who asks. It's always a win when a carrier chooses to offer your latest device.

Yes, Tmo were twats toward BlackBerry, and yes Chen did the right thing cutting 'em off. Grudges have no place in business, however. Chen is smart and if conditions were right, he'd happily welcome Tmo back.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 10:22 PM
    To be realistic, every carrier will be testing the Passport. They can't afford not to. The industry learned the hard way: not having a hit phone hurts. iPhone 1 provided that lesson. They also know that customers are fickle and will drop their tried and true for the next hot smartphone.

BlackBerry Carrier Relations would obviously be happy to send test units to any carrier who asks. It's always a win when a carrier chooses to offer your latest device.

Yes, Tmo were twats toward BlackBerry, and yes Chen did the right thing cutting 'em off. Grudges have no place in business, however. Chen is smart and if conditions were right, he'd happily welcome Tmo back.

Posted via CB10
    hmmm... I hope people aren't really thinking the Passport is going to be a "hit" don't get me wrong, I want to try one. I doubt it is capable of selling more units than say a z30 though, and T-Mobile grew subscribers without having that offering. Considering the not shocking low sales numbers for BlackBerry in the USA I don't think any angle would have T-Mobile wishing they had the Passport, it's not like they're going to witness a massive bailout from subscribers for not having it. This phone isn't going to appeal to most people, I believe it's setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect it to have some major impact on the smartphone world.
    lift, anon1727506, m1a1mg and 5 others like this.
    07-31-14 02:34 PM
    hmmm... I hope people aren't really thinking the Passport is going to be a "hit" don't get me wrong, I want to try one. I doubt it is capable of selling more units than say a z30 though, and T-Mobile grew subscribers without having that offering. Considering the not shocking low sales numbers for BlackBerry in the USA I don't think any angle would have T-Mobile wishing they had the Passport, it's not like they're going to witness a massive bailout from subscribers for not having it. This phone isn't going to appeal to most people, I believe it's setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect it to have some major impact on the smartphone world.
    It WILL be a hit for the segment they are targeting. Everyone seems to forget they are not targeting the regular consumer or expect it to impact any global market shares

If it spills over to the consumer. Added bonus

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh, kfh227 and Mecca EL like this.
    07-31-14 02:39 PM
    It WILL be a hit for the segment they are targeting. Everyone seems to forget they are not targeting the regular consumer or expect it to impact any global market shares

If it spills over to the consumer. Added bonus

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly my point, I don't think it will be disappointing from BB's perspective because I think their expectations are closer to reality now than when BB10 first launched. It just seems that people around here seem to think the phone is going to be a huge deal in the consumer market. Nobody can predict what spills over into the unanticipated section of the consumer market, but there's no reason to believe that it will be very significant, here's to hoping that's incorrect though.

In all honesty I fully expect BB to stop selling handsets in the foreseeable future, anyone is free to attack me for saying that, but I don't think Chen would flinch for a second to do that if it becomes clear that's what it takes to stay afloat. Perhaps he can steer the ship to sustainability within the niche though and please all sides.
    07-31-14 02:54 PM
    Umm yes it is, if it's true. T-Mobile didn't even carry BB's last flagship (Z30) and BlackBerry has since severed ties with them. If they're testing the Passport it'd be a big development.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that would be excellent if they're testing it...maybe it could mean that they will get back with TMOBILE in the future...hopefully they could eventually test the Classic too(fingers crossed)

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 01:11 AM
    If anything it will be for corporate accounts

BB10_Is_So_Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
    08-02-14 10:42 PM
    Bull

Z10
    08-02-14 10:45 PM
    Fool me once shame on you

Fool me twice
    .. well you won't fool me again *idiotic laughter*

BlackBerry screws this up in the USA and you can kiss carrier support goodbye.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 10:51 PM
    Fool me once shame on you

Fool me twice
    .. well you won't fool me again *idiotic laughter*

BlackBerry screws this up in the USA and you can kiss carrier support goodbye.

Posted via CB10
    I'm looking at buying the Passport from Amazon. Not holding out hope for carrier support.

Posted with the Diva's Z10.
    lift, Mecca EL and bbdodgersdude like this.
    08-02-14 11:58 PM
    I'm looking at buying the Passport from Amazon. Not holding out hope for carrier support.

Posted with the Diva's Z10.
    I am the same way, I love T Mobile for their coverage and plans, but I not holding my breath for any Blackberry support from them.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    08-03-14 06:42 AM
    Keep in mind that those numbers they posted don't say how many "new customers " were simply sign ups for the 7day test drive. As personally I'm thinking that it's being used to artificially inflate there numbers.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    08-03-14 10:30 PM
    I am the same way, I love T Mobile for their coverage and plans
    Coverage? You must never leave the city. When I look at T-Mobiles coverage map it is just plain lousy outside of any city. I tried T-Mobile a couple of different times in my area and I just kept losing coverage if I went to anywhere that was even somewhat rural. Overall their coverage stinks. Sorry, but it's true.
    08-03-14 10:47 PM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pas...es-through-fcc

That's always promising! Not final by any means, but definitely promising.

Hoping I can say "told you so" soon enough.

Posted via my Vic20
    08-04-14 04:47 PM
    Coverage? You must never leave the city. When I look at T-Mobiles coverage map it is just plain lousy outside of any city. I tried T-Mobile a couple of different times in my area and I just kept losing coverage if I went to anywhere that was even somewhat rural. Overall their coverage stinks. Sorry, but it's true.
    Well, that's exactly the case where I live -- just outside of Los Angeles. But I get bad coverage by from ALL carriers. So having wifi-calling is the savior. When I'm overseas, not only does t-mo have great rates, but I just end up using wifi-calling 99% of the time because it's free to and from the States. So, I'm sticking with them.
    08-06-14 09:41 AM
122 ... 2345