I'm glad I resisted pulling that one...

Thank God.

:-)

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    So close myself lol <@

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    07-27-14 12:48 PM
    That image is fake. Well, it's a beautiful render. But still not a real representation.

07-27-14 12:49 PM
    I hope Good Business prevails over petty Twitter Fights.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 12:53 PM
    How would your TMO source know what other carriers are or are not doing? Or is this source at BlackBerry?
    BlackBerry source. I live in the KW area. Home of BlackBerry.

I can't really say much more then that.

Posted via my Vic20
    SK122387 likes this.
    07-27-14 01:50 PM
    Even if that image is real, it means absolutely nothing. There was leak pic and vid of at&t branding Z30 but at&t didn't bother selling it

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 likes this.
    07-27-14 02:17 PM
    The only way I would care about this is if T-mo offered wifi-calling on the passport. Otherwise, I'd just buy an unlocked phone.

Bob
    07-27-14 02:37 PM
    BlackBerry source. I live in the KW area. Home of BlackBerry.

I can't really say much more then that.
    Fair enough. Is it possible that he heard "all American carriers are testing it," and mistook that to mean "all including T-Mobile," and not "all we currently have a relationship with?" In other words, did your source know that TMO's relationship with BB has been severed?

The AT&T bit you heard is very specific, and that conversation must have named the carrier (AT&T) by name. That's not what I'm getting necessarily from the TMO conversation.
    07-27-14 02:45 PM
    It was more than a twitter squabble. T-Mobile was a partner with BlackBerry for over 10 years. Then, this year, they offered a program for customers to trade in their BlackBerry for a $200 credit. That is not how normal business partners treat another partner. Why wasn't the offer open to turn in any smart phone for a $200 credit? It was a negative action that T-Mobile took against only BlackBerry. So, that is why Chen ended the partnership, because T-Mobile decided to no longer promote selling the phones of a company that they had a business partnership with.

It wasn't a Twitter deal at all.
    And so why would anyone believe that now T-mobile is testing the Passport to possibly sell it when they have lost license from BlackBerry to sell any BlackBerry devices? I say this is all BS. I would be surprised by past actions if any US carrier sells the Passport.
    Flatman and sentimentGX4 like this.
    07-27-14 03:00 PM
    Fair enough. Is it possible that he heard "all American carriers are testing it," and mistook that to mean "all including T-Mobile," and not "all we currently have a relationship with?" In other words, did your source know that TMO's relationship with BB has been severed?

The AT&T bit you heard is very specific, and that conversation must have named the carrier (AT&T) by name. That's not what I'm getting necessarily from the TMO conversation.
    The conversation was very specific to individual carriers.
    I inquired about TMO specifically out of curiosity because of past relations.
    That was confirmed as "testing the hardware" 100%.

Posted via my Vic20
    SK122387 likes this.
    07-27-14 03:22 PM
    Unless something changed in the last 3 weeks, T-Mobile isn't going to carry the passport nor the classic.

AT&T and Verizon are indeed testing new devices, as for Sprint, I have no clues
    i hope Sprint does sell this, while i like my Q10, i need more screen real estate, and the passport would do the trick for me in that department, until Blackberry gives us a touchscreen phone that sprint agrees to offer.
    07-27-14 03:54 PM
    And so why would anyone believe that now T-mobile is testing the Passport to possibly sell it when they have lost license from BlackBerry to sell any BlackBerry devices? I say this is all BS. I would be surprised by past actions if any US carrier sells the Passport.
    I think if any carrier were to carry Blackberry, it would either be T-Mobile or Verizon.

I don't care what people on Crackberry may think about T-Mobile after the big spat. Historically, T-Mobile is either the most open or second most open carrier to alternative OSes. This is the carrier that popularized the Nokia Nuron (Symbian^1), Nokia Lumia 710 (WP7), Nokia Lumia 521 (WP8), and Danger Hiptop (the Sidekick). The HTC G1 (Android), the first Android phone, debuted on T-Mobile.

T-Mobile has historically been very good to Blackberry and it has the best track record of successfully selling alternative products so it is arguably the most important/strategic US carrier. Sprint almost never carries any alternative products. AT&T sometimes carries them but never really pushes them even when it has a contract to promote the product. Verizon has made a recent push for alternative OS smartphones; but, it's not T-Mobile.

T-Mobile could sell a Lumia 521 and make its customer not realize/care they're purchasing a Windows Phone. I think one of the reasons T-Mobile tends to be so successful with alternative OSes is because its users have historically been younger and more open to new technology. The other reason is because its consumers also happen to be more price sensitive so it is easier to pitch a particular device by having a sale.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 07-27-14 at 08:43 PM.
    Witmen and lactose like this.
    07-27-14 08:32 PM
    T-Mobile has historically been very good to Blackberry and it has the best track record of successfully selling alternative products so it is arguably the most important/strategic US carrier.
    That was the old TMO. Pre-Legere, pre-iPhone, when they were floundering and willing to try anything to retain customers. Now they don't care about individual platforms or customer choices, as long as it makes them money on device sales. Android sells for them (ironically, not even iPhone that much; ) as we well know, they ran the trade-in promotion against BlackBerry, and they don't stock any high end WP8 devices either, and haven't for a while. It would be a fair assumption that WP8 gets the same in-store treatment from sales reps that BB did...but corporate values all its business partners, right? Hell, who's to say that if they weren't scared of an Apple backlash, they wouldn't have ditched iOS as well, and gone all in on Android (they are founding members of the OHA, after all.)

But they weren't the only carrier who tried to pursue alternative devices. Verizon practically commissioned the BB Storm in an attempt to counter the killing AT&T was making with its iPhone exclusive. Then they jumped on the Android bandwagon too--big time--with their Droid lineup of phones.
    lift and m1a1mg like this.
    07-27-14 10:05 PM
    You are 100% right, but still cool to see the T-Mobile mark used.

Posted via my Vic20
    You're missing the point. That render came from a fan, not from BlackBerry. Whoever created the render could put any logo on he wanted. It might have been a sly in-joke.

We'll set aside this picture, though, because I actually believe you (and your friend). My position has been that the carriers will be glad to sell BlackBerrys as soon as BB gives them something they think they can actually sell. And I think the carriers are curious about the Passport.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-27-14 10:11 PM
    You're missing the point. That render came from a fan, not from BlackBerry. Whoever created the render could put any logo on he wanted. It might have been a sly in-joke.

We'll set aside this picture, though, because I actually believe you (and your friend). My position has been that the carriers will be glad to sell BlackBerrys as soon as BB gives them something they think they can actually sell. And I think the carriers are curious about the Passport.
    I already agreed a few pages back that that was a fan boy rendering. Cool to see the T-Mobile mark even if it's a jab at "the man".

The picture lent it self perfectly to the "rumour" I posted. That's all.

Posted via my Vic20
    07-27-14 10:31 PM
    watch this YouTube video. It shows a BlackBerry passport with T mobile branding. Oh yeah I'm finally going to get to use this Jump program

Posted via CB10
    That looks like a render to me. Probably fan-made...
    07-28-14 12:56 AM
    Is there any reason to expect this in the USA? VZW is the only carrier that sold the z30, not even all of them sold the z10. I see no reason to assume everyone will carry it, especially considering T-Mobile lost contracts with BlackBerry over a twitter squabble.
    It was NOT over a Twitter squabble......

Rumor: T-Mobile testing Passport-232px-facepalm.png
    miguel89to likes this.
    07-28-14 01:12 AM
    Looks real to me..

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 02:22 AM
    It was NOT over a Twitter squabble......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	232px-Facepalm.png 
Views:	1742 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	287366
    Hmm, considering the marketshare that t-mobile has using BlackBerry, and the outrage that ensued coming from a tweet.... yeah, I'm sticking to that story.
    07-28-14 02:29 AM
    So BlackBerry sent T-Mobile a bunch of Passports and the guys in the testing department opened the boxes and said "What the heck is this... let me see how this thing works". So T-Mobile is testing a few devices... That is a LONG way from T-Mobile is going to offer those devices to customers.

But then Chen has built a little positive momentum, and no one wants to get "left out" if BlackBerry does manage to make a come back. So order 5,000 of them and do them an online item only....
    07-28-14 07:26 AM
    If T-Mobile is rumored to be testing them then there's a chance that I'd be able to buy a compatible version off shopblackberry when it goes on sale there. Cool.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-28-14 07:30 AM
    So BlackBerry sent T-Mobile a bunch of Passports and the guys in the testing department opened the boxes and said "What the heck is this... let me see how this thing works". So T-Mobile is testing a few devices... That is a LONG way from T-Mobile is going to offer those devices to customers.

But then Chen has built a little positive momentum, and no one wants to get "left out" if BlackBerry does manage to make a come back. So order 5,000 of them and do them an online item only....
    It does make sense that even if TMo doesn't offer the Passport, it needs to test in case unlocked ones are used on the network by current (or new) users.
    07-28-14 08:44 AM
    Would be a welcomed news for both companies and especially T-Mobile's customers.
    07-28-14 08:47 AM
    It does make sense that even if TMo doesn't offer the Passport, it needs to test in case unlocked ones are used on the network by current (or new) users.
    I doubt they do that, because then they'd have to be testing all recent GSM, UMTS 1700/1900 and LTE b4 phone (think ones like the Lumia 1020, international Galaxy models, etc.)
    lift likes this.
    07-28-14 08:48 AM
    So BlackBerry sent T-Mobile a bunch of Passports and the guys in the testing department opened the boxes and said "What the heck is this... let me see how this thing works".
    ...if this testing really is happening, do you really think that's the loosey goosey construct it's happening under? BlackBerry severed its relationship with TMO but decided them to send them their next arguably flagship device without notice, what, just for the hell of it? Celebrate old times? Make them jealous?
    lift and gokulesh like this.
    07-28-14 08:55 AM
    Hmm, considering the marketshare that t-mobile has using BlackBerry, and the outrage that ensued coming from a tweet.... yeah, I'm sticking to that story.
    Um, I think his point is that it wasn't over a tweet at all...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-28-14 10:46 AM
122 12345