12-03-14 07:58 AM
239 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Kris, Verizon is also going to have to pay Apple for unsold phones. I believe that number is about 14 bil. Ouch!
    kfh227 likes this.
    07-21-13 05:47 PM
    BlackBerry won't be recognized as a decent phone until they get 10.2

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I agree.
    07-21-13 05:48 PM
    Nope, meant shouldn't they discontinue the phones I said to make room for the next gen
    I stand corrected.
    h20work likes this.
    07-21-13 05:49 PM
    Shupor have you not read the news about the deal Apple cut with AT&T / Verizon?

I would like you to do me a favour and go into 2 different AT&T stores this week and ask them about buying a Z10 or Q10 and set it up as your coming from TMO, your contract is up and your interested in the BB phones. Make sure you say that your REALLY interested in the BB phones, see what happens and post back here.. Be Honest.
    You just hit the nail on the head case in point being Apple being proactive and cutting deals with carriers.
    And if the so-called deal with carriers is the primary reason for them pushing Apple devices, how then does one explain the success of the Samsung Galaxy series???

I hear what you are saying about sales reps pushing other brands and i have experienced it but i strongly believe that in its entirety (maybe i'm exaggerating a bit but 90% for sure) is BlackBerry's fault.

The brand has already taken a bad beating and it is up to them and not the carriers to invest the manpower to properly train the sales people as well as money for marketing.

Speaking with a background in sales, you can't sell something you don't know about
    BergerKing and anon1727506 like this.
    07-21-13 05:52 PM
    I know quite a few folks at work that would rock one if they were able to load android apps, specifically Instagram. Whether people like it or not, that's what a lot of people want... mostly those who aren't on BlackBerry.

What could help BlackBerry is handing reps free devices, teaching them (in-store) on the capabilities like sideloading and the gestures. I learned from a BestBuy rep near my home that I could use multiple fingers to delete multiple words (2 fingers for 2 words, 3 for 3 and so on).
    07-21-13 06:00 PM
    How did you like it ? That's what I wanted, but I ended up with a 9810. I don't think AT&T even carried it, at least not in my area.
    I loved it....best phone I've ever owned up until I got the Z10. A lot of people didn't like the design, but I thought it looked sort of streamlined and elegant. It was perfectly comfortable in the hand, as well. I had seriously considered a 9810, but decided that I wanted something with the largest screen area possible after so many years of using phones with a physical keyboard and small screen.

I do remember that I had to order it, as the AT&T corporate store did not stock it (or any store in my area for that matter) and none of the sales people knew anything about it. They did try to talk me into getting a Galaxy instead.......I guess some things will never change.
    07-21-13 06:03 PM
    I have a very good friend who works for an AT&T master dealer and claims that sales for the Z10 are so poor that AT&T will not reorder more and it will be discontinued. I tend to believe him, in the past he has told me "Rumors" about AT&T and most have come true. But who knows.

Posted via CB10
    The last couple of weeks, the AT&T store near DC has not had the Z10 on display. Only the Q10. The Q10 is displayed in area with older model iPhone and Samsung phones. But Saturday, I stopped in an AT&T store in DC proper and they had it on display. I asked about sales and was told "so - so."
    07-21-13 06:07 PM
    You just hit the nail on the head case in point being Apple being proactive and cutting deals with carriers.
    And if the so-called deal with carriers is the primary reason for them pushing Apple devices, how then does one explain the success of the Samsung Galaxy series???

I hear what you are saying about sales reps pushing other brands and i have experienced it but i strongly believe that in its entirety (maybe i'm exaggerating a bit but 90% for sure) is BlackBerry's fault.

The brand has already taken a bad beating and it is up to them and not the carriers to invest the manpower to properly train the sales people as well as money for marketing.

Speaking with a background in sales, you can't sell something you don't know about
    Then BlackBerry should explore alternative routes to market. Make deals with the electronics houses that might not have an "allegiance" to a particular carrier. Develop an awesome web-based buying experience.

If your channel isn't helping you, then figure out why and address it or find an alternative route to market.

Posted via CB10
    shupor likes this.
    07-21-13 06:12 PM
    That they were willing to make that type of "back room offer" could be grounds for a DOJ investigation. It's possible that store is just acting rogue. But, it be some type of collusion or anti-competitive "bullying" from Apple for carriers that don't meet a certain quota.

Posted via CB10
    This is the main corporate store for my area. Theb'home base' corporate store if you will. The one that they do all the hiring, interviewing and training out of then send the people to all the other locations. I went in to another store in another city to buy a charger, and pretended to be interested in the Z just to see, and was immediately told how bad the phone was and that I wanted a Samsung. Ran in to a uniformed ATT employee in line at a store. Asked about theb10.1 update, if she had heard anything (obviously, this is before we got it) and was told BlackBerry would not be updating, they're going out of business. So no, I don't think it's a rogue store.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 06:26 PM
    Considering the contract carriers sign to carry the iphone its no wonder this is happening. I qonder if BlackBerry will look into this.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 06:35 PM
    if the phone is sold for a $1 or a $100 will not make a difference at this point. The roll out of this phone has been an unmitigated disaster and the apps or total lack thereof has been very disappointing.

My devotion to BB has been well documented on this site...to the point of me being called a troll and many other things......I am one comment away from being totally banned because I have backed this phone and BB to the point of nausea for some of you. I got the Q10 the first day it was available from Verizon. I am trying to figure out a way to get rid of it and get something else. It is extremely sad.
    It is clear to me that BB will be sold off to another company in the near future but either way, I'm out.
    h20work and JeepBB like this.
    07-21-13 07:24 PM
    Maybe it's not the US carriers, or BB, maybe it's the NSA and US gov pressing carriers to get the US public onto platforms they can easliy monitor and infect, thus the answer may not be to switch carriers, but to move to Canada instead.

Hurry, before they close the borders ;-)
    Uh, I don't think anyone is supposed to know about things like that. Look nothing up my sleeve, iPhone or android!
    07-21-13 07:30 PM
    If AT&T and Verizon are so bad at marketing how come they do a great job with the Iphone and the Samsung Galaxy series? We need to stop being BlackBerry apologists and see things they way they really are
    Because Samsung and Apple advertise so heavily that people walk in thinking they need one and most just assume that their carrier will have the latest and greatest. When T-Mo got the iPhone, they didn't need to run ads showing what the iPhone can do, they simply said "We have it now too". The Apple ads had already swayed them. Is there really a huge difference between the capabilities of the S4 and the HTC One? Why is one doing well and the other tanking? I would say it is the visibility and momentum of the Galaxy line.

Conversely, a consumer is not going to buy something they've never heard of.
    h20work, kfh227 and BergerKing like this.
    07-21-13 07:31 PM
    Look how long it is taking BB to release updates, I returned Z10 and never looked back, I love my 9900. If I can be so much more satisfied, happier and comfortable with a 3 year old phone after returning a state of the art hardware Z10 with a software that is holding it back, I wouldn't see why AT&T would not see the same. They would probably put it in a back order or no more replenish status.

BB OS10 need major fixes and it's been almost 6 months and look how far it came since release.. BB needs to stop dragging their feet and release what people are asking for, and fix all that is wrong with OS10. Instead, they are still trying to focus on hardware, hardware is easy, just rebrand a samsung galaxy and a few more chips and run OS10, call it Z10, it's easy. They need to fix the software asap!
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    07-21-13 07:56 PM
    Look how long it is taking BB to release updates, I returned Z10 and never looked back, I love my 9900. If I can be so much more satisfied, happier and comfortable with a 3 year old phone after returning a state of the art hardware Z10 with a software that is holding it back, I wouldn't see why AT&T would not see the same. They would probably put it in a back order or no more replenish status.

BB OS10 need major fixes and it's been almost 6 months and look how far it came since release.. BB needs to stop dragging their feet and release what people are asking for, and fix all that is wrong with OS10. Instead, they are still trying to focus on hardware, hardware is easy, just rebrand a samsung galaxy and a few more chips and run OS10, call it Z10, it's easy. They need to fix the software asap!
    I've had 2 updates since release. That's 1 every 3 months....seems pretty good to me. You might want to look at your carrier for not releasing in a timely manner.

Posted via Z10
    07-21-13 08:03 PM
    if the phone is sold for a $1 or a $100 will not make a difference at this point. The roll out of this phone has been an unmitigated disaster and the apps or total lack thereof has been very disappointing.

My devotion to BB has been well documented on this site...to the point of me being called a troll and many other things......I am one comment away from being totally banned because I have backed this phone and BB to the point of nausea for some of you. I got the Q10 the first day it was available from Verizon. I am trying to figure out a way to get rid of it and get something else. It is extremely sad.
    It is clear to me that BB will be sold off to another company in the near future but either way, I'm out.
    Wow, I never saw that coming. Props for your honesty.
    07-21-13 08:06 PM
    Folks talk about sales, in store, from what I have seen and read it's just getting people into the stores for any product with a BlackBerry name that is not happening.

The "wow, I want that" factor has not occurred. Until then sales people will not learn about a product that customers do not ask about.

Give folks a reason to get up, go out and ask about a BlackBerry Z10 or Q10.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-21-13 10:11 PM
    If that is true then AT&T have nobody to blame but themselves for the dismal sales. They've put zero effort into marketing the device and staff training/awareness is pretty much non-existent. None of the US carriers have made as much effort as they could have, but AT&T must rank as the worst. With all the "issues" pre-release regarding carrier testing, it's almost as they flagged it to fail before it hit the market.
    What is there to blame? AT&T will not be suffering from the dismal sales regardless of how poorly it promotes the product and how it delay the much needed update. It's BlackBerry! One hope that the price slashed will drive in the cherry pickers to start using BB10 phone and let these new customers going through the learning curve of BB10 and perhaps learn to appreciate the new platform for them to spread the word around. You know, kind of like playbook but without abandoning any future updates.
    07-21-13 10:18 PM
    This is the main corporate store for my area. Theb'home base' corporate store if you will. The one that they do all the hiring, interviewing and training out of then send the people to all the other locations. I went in to another store in another city to buy a charger, and pretended to be interested in the Z just to see, and was immediately told how bad the phone was and that I wanted a Samsung. Ran in to a uniformed ATT employee in line at a store. Asked about theb10.1 update, if she had heard anything (obviously, this is before we got it) and was told BlackBerry would not be updating, they're going out of business. So no, I don't think it's a rogue store.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry should sue AT&T if their sales people are telling customers BlackBerry is going out of business. I wonder if AT&T wants to buy BB at a lower stock price.
    07-21-13 10:23 PM
    A lecture is warranted when a person is trashing a product based on user error. Again please tell me why it's takes multiple swipes for you to get anywhere?

Posted via Z10
    I found the extra swipes to get back to the main hub after you'd left it to be irritating after a while. It took extra swipes after you finished what you were doing to get back to the main page, otherwise you're stuck in the last hub section you were in even when you are trying to get to a different notification.

I found it redundant. I'm sure that's one of the things he was referring to, and others have also voiced frustration with the extra steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    anon1727506 and Moonbase0ne like this.
    07-21-13 10:38 PM
    BlackBerry should sue AT&T if their sales people are telling customers BlackBerry is going out of business. I wonder if AT&T wants to buy BB at a lower stock price.
    I hear people in my local AT&T store saying this, too. I wonder if it's part of AT&T training at this point. To be fair, I hear other people saying this who do not sell phones, but have to be concerned with phones.
    07-21-13 10:44 PM
    Verizon is horrible at marketing it also. Best Buy has a dedicated BlackBerry 10 display, yet when I got mine Wednesday all the sales people said I was the first Z10 activation they've had. The sales people at Verizon directed me toward the iPhone 5 and S4 (I came from the iPhone 4s...tired of iPhone) and toyed with the S4 for a couple of days....wanted something different. Right now, though, I am torn on keeping it.
    look into updating it to 10.2.0.483 and sideload the debugging way. It'll make your experience 100x better and the OS itself is pretty stable haven't had an issue with it except for restoring. Download intouch(free) or contact x(1.99) and back up your contacts since that's all you really need anyways
    07-21-13 10:47 PM
    Because Samsung and Apple advertise so heavily that people walk in thinking they need one and most just assume that their carrier will have the latest and greatest. When T-Mo got the iPhone, they didn't need to run ads showing what the iPhone can do, they simply said "We have it now too". The Apple ads had already swayed them. Is there really a huge difference between the capabilities of the S4 and the HTC One? Why is one doing well and the other tanking? I would say it is the visibility and momentum of the Galaxy line.

Conversely, a consumer is not going to buy something they've never heard of.
    Or been given the desire or curiosity to check out, even.
    07-22-13 12:41 AM
    I've been watching the roll out of BB10 and it's devices with interest. Just before launch I was very, very hyped for one due tot he OS and at one point even regretted buying my iPhone 5 at the end of the year and being locked in a contract. However, it seems the right choice in hindsight.

The situation that BB is in right now reminds me horribly of Palm and it's Pre/WebOS. I got one of those phones on Sprint when they were first released but app support was sub-par at launch and didn't improve quick enough, and general consumer interest even worse. The bottom line is that it's up to the manufacturer to create interest in their devices, NOT the carrier. Apple created the interest in it's iPhone in the beginning. Samsung has created interest in it's devices, despite the carriers previously pushing iPhone, etc. Look at sales of Tablets which aren't tied to carriers at all - it's still Apple and Samsung selling the most because they know how to communicate with the consumer (and see how badly Microsoft is doing on all counts as they don't).

Carrier sales people won't ever be exited about devices that consumers are readily looking to buy - they push what is popular and successful, not unknown devices that will be returned days later. Sad but true.

That the best ad for the Z10 came from Verizon, really says something.
    toneytone likes this.
    07-22-13 01:04 AM

That's your choice, and if that's the choice you make, I wish you luck in finding a way to get rid of it and hope you get the phone you want. Good luck!

However, the app store is growing fast! (once again, twice as fast as apple's in its first year, 4 times as fast as Android). Knowing that this is a completely new system, and since you were such a BlackBerry fan, you should have at least seen the app situation with the PlayBook and planned for it. If anyone was expecting the app store to be the size of apple's or Google's in 6 months time, well, that was extremely unrealistic expectations. I was expecting another pb app store, and wow have I need pleasantly suprised! Tons of quality apps on there. Sure, no Netflix or instagram, but we knew that coming in. (both those apps work great side loaded btw.

Let me ask, where are you from? Perhaps I can help you get out of that q?

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    07-22-13 01:54 AM
239 ... 56789 ...