12-03-14 08:58 AM
239 ... 23456 ...
tools
    "Hub, Peek and Flow", while extremely important to the enthusiast community here, didn't translate into marketing material.
    The consumers could not care less.

Everything takes extra swipes. Forget about apps for the moment. A 1.0 OS in a world of 4s, 6s and 8s.
    I wasn't talking about marketing I was replying to a statement saying every other phone does the same thing which is flat out wrong.
    What takes extra swipes? It's take me 1 swipe to get to the hub. One swipe to get out of an app. Where are the extra swipes?
    Learn to use the phone is what I would suggest.

Posted via Z10
    07-20-13 07:19 PM
    I do. I use one every day.

It does nothing that other phones don't do but is has no support ecosystem to speak and no useful app base.

No useful app base? If you want to be taken seriously, you might want to cut back on the hyperbole.
    07-20-13 07:26 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I gave up very quickly on the Z10 as it isn't ready for mass consumption. The Q10 is better, but still not ready yet.
    Deleting messages takes more effort than on my Lumia. I never seem to end up where I want to with BB10. And since everything is an app and not just built in, you are constantly opening and closing apps.
    I also can't change the font size within e-mails, like I can on several phone, including my Lumia.

Fanboys need not lecture other experienced customers on how to use a phone. That's all it is - a phone. You are peeing into the wind here.
    Teh Yang likes this.
    07-20-13 07:27 PM
    A lecture is warranted when a person is trashing a product based on user error. Again please tell me why it's takes multiple swipes for you to get anywhere?

Posted via Z10
    07-20-13 07:31 PM
    A lecture is warranted when a person is trashing a product based on user error. Again please tell me why it's takes multiple swipes for you to get anywhere?

Posted via Z10
    Again, do not lecture people you disagree with. It is a very ugly trait of the faithful who know they are right and everyone else is wrong. I understand the jingoistic defense of BlackBerry, but that doesn't make for a better, more usable product.

Swiping left and right constantly, when a home button would save swipes, is not unreasonable. Having the Send button in the same spot would not be unreasonable. Deleting multiple items takes addition touches - which is just as much effort as a swipe.

Just because we have different opinions doesn't mean you are right. It is not an intuitively simple device to use. Nice hardware, yes. A complete and finished OS, absolutely not.

And - please pay attention - I have never trashed the product. I want BlackBerry to survive as I want more competition.

But they keep shooting themselves in the foot. And the defenders of the realm keep saying everything is just great.
    07-20-13 07:34 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I gave up very quickly on the Z10 as it isn't ready for mass consumption. The Q10 is better, but still not ready yet.
    Deleting messages takes more effort than on my Lumia. I never seem to end up where I want to with BB10. And since everything is an app and not just built in, you are constantly opening and closing apps.
    I also can't change the font size within e-mails, like I can on several phone, including my Lumia.

Fanboys need not lecture other experienced customers on how to use a phone. That's all it is - a phone. You are peeing into the wind here.
    He's a fanboy because he doesn't understand your extra swipes comment? I'm confused by that comment too. I'm sitting here with my SIII and Z10 and I'm not seeing extra swipes needed.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 and mastermike87 like this.
    07-20-13 07:34 PM
    I have a very good friend who works for an AT&T master dealer and claims that sales for the Z10 are so poor that AT&T will not reorder more and it will be discontinued. I tend to believe him, in the past he has told me "Rumors" about AT&T and most have come true. But who knows.

Posted via CB10
    I have a friend too, he claims to be the CCEO of BBRY that's the Chief's Chief Executive Officer, otherwise known as Thor's boss, and he tells me your friend is an down right dumb... I guess we all have friends right??
    07-20-13 07:36 PM
    He's a fanboy because he doesn't understand your extra swipes comment? I'm confused by that comment too. I'm sitting here with my SIII and Z10 and I'm not seeing extra swipes needed.

Posted via CB10
    I accept that you are confused. I have read all of the posts.
    Teh Yang and scorpiodsu like this.
    07-20-13 07:37 PM
    Again, do not lecture people you disagree with. It is a very ugly trait of the faithful who know they are right and everyone else is wrong. I understand the jingoistic defense of BlackBerry, but that doesn't make for a better, more usable product.

Swiping left and right constantly, when a home button would save swipes, is not unreasonable. Having the Send button in the same spot would not be unreasonable. Deleting multiple items takes addition touches - which is just as much effort as a swipe.

Just because we have different opinions doesn't mean you are right. It is not an intuitively simple device to use. Nice hardware, yes. A complete and finished OS, absolutely not.
    You actually don't have to swipe left and right. Swipe up always gets you back to your active frames from anywhere including the hub.
    It's clear that you don't want to hear how the phone actually works and turn it into calling me a fanboy and saying I have an ugly trait.
    You can consider yourself a seasoned phone user all you want but don't come on here and make false statements and when corrected, play the poor me card and say don't lecture me.
    We're all adults here so if you can't take some constructive criticism because you are wrong then don't post.

It's not a matter of differing opinions....its a fact that extra swipes are not required.

Posted via Z10
    VeGiTo likes this.
    07-20-13 07:38 PM
    See, the issue here is that att actively works to get you to not buy BlackBerry. Not simply not advertising it, but talking you out of it. I had to go through 3 people at the corporate store in my city to buy mine. I went in to the att store in the city I work in, to get a charger, and asked about the z10 when I was there, just to see if I got a different experience. I was the only customer at the time and I had the whole sales staff (2 girls, lol) start telling me how I didn't want the z10. I wanted the iPhone or S4. But couldn't tell me anything wrong with the Z. Just that I didn't want it. Wouldn't even go over the display model with me. Stood steadfast at the Samsung showing me things it would do from across the room. Ended up buying a charger from Radio Shack.

Posted via CB10
    The Z10 device at my local AT&T store was password locked. Asked if the manager was there and he was out. Asked if anyone could unlock it and they said it was against their policy. WTF anyone?
    07-20-13 08:09 PM
    The Z10 device at my local AT&T store was password locked. Asked if the manager was there and he was out. Asked if anyone could unlock it and they said it was against their policy. WTF anyone?
    It's wrong that they do that. I'm glad that I use T-Mobile as they seem to like the Z10.

Side note - saw a really nice display at Best Buy this week. Was set up with a big lcd screen and you could push buttons to learn how BlackBerry 10 works. They even had a working display. If they only carried more than one case...

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 08:53 PM

Deleting messages takes more effort than on my Lumia.
    I agree completely. Deleting emails on BlackBerry 10 is a pain in the rear, so much so that I usually delete large groups of messages using my Nexus and hope they disappear from the Dev Alpha C afterwards. WP8 handles it better as well, but I rarely use my 521 for emails.
    Teh Yang likes this.
    07-20-13 08:54 PM
    Blackberry is just in rough seas and just have to ride this stuff out.
    07-20-13 08:55 PM
    Is Sprint still advertising Q10 as coming soon?
    07-20-13 08:58 PM
    I agree completely. Deleting emails on BlackBerry 10 is a pain in the rear, so much so that I usually delete large groups of messages using my Nexus and hope they disappear from the Dev Alpha C afterwards. WP8 handles it better as well, but I rarely use my 521 for emails.
    I just sort my read emails that I need to save into folders. About once a day I will go through and delete all prior emails and notifications by long pressing on the date and then selecting delete prior when the menu pops up... all in all about five seconds tops to delete all the ones I don't want and my emails are sorted so I'm not digging through 200 messages.

[RUMOR] AT&T to discontinue the Z10?-img_00000402.png

Posted via CB10
    Saiga likes this.
    07-20-13 09:01 PM
    All figured out.
    Switched back to a Lumia 920. No hub but somehow I have a home screen which I can live with.

Keep Moving.
    I'm so fed up with your negativity, guy. Seriously. Every thread you are like the ultimate Debbie downer. If you don't like the product, that's fine. But half the time, your arguments are illogical.

1. Why isn't Malaysian disdain as concerning as American disdain for BB10? Well maybe if Malaysia had the purchasing power of the US market, it would be glamourized.

2. Peek, hub, and flow are about connectivity and constant engagement. You don't have to go in and out of an app. It's efficient for those who don't necessarily want to take the extra steps. It's not for everyone, as people have been conditioned to want a home button as a fail safe. But don't gimme this bs argument about extra swipes. There really isn't any, and even if you did overly swipe, the Z10 is fluid for a right-handed person and their thumb.

3. Lumia's must be Uber popular in the Jersey swamp because I haven't seen one Lumia. Ever. And I'm not even kidding. I'll admit there are a ton of Samsungs and iPhones. Haven't seen a ton of HTC ones, but I know they're out there. But not once has anyone said, hey look at my cool new phone, it's a Lumia. Give me a break.

4. Stop calling everyone a fan boy because they like the product and OS. If you don't like it, that's fine. You're allowed to be critical as well. But there's a difference between critique and being a d*ck.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 09:03 PM
    I just sort my read emails that I need to save into folders. About once a day I will go through and delete all prior emails and notifications by long pressing on the date and then selecting delete prior when the menu pops up... all in all about five seconds tops to delete all the ones I don't want and my emails are sorted so I'm not digging through 200 messages.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000402.png 
Views:	659 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	184616

Posted via CB10
    That's actually a good idea. Something I will try out.

I imagine it doesn't really save all that much effort though, does it? It seems like the process of sorting all of the emails you want to keep into a separate folder would be just as much work as deleting all of the emails that you don't want to keep individually.
    07-20-13 09:07 PM
    How many stories like this do we have to hear? What are the commitments of the wireless provider to the device manufacturer? Where is the BBRY legal team? Where is the BOD? where is PW? Where is TH? Can you imagine a corporation pulling a stunt like this over and over to Steve Jobs (RIP), Larry Ellison, Donald Trump, Jack Welch, etc?

" And our carriers are with us, and theyre helping with promoting BlackBerry 10" TH, from the June 28th earnings transcript.

TH reminds me of Gray Davis, the California Governor at the time of rolling blackouts in California which all turned out to be the result of behind-the- scenes manipulation of the energy market by Enron. Gray Davis never "got it" that something was wrong, only offered apologies. He was simply too out of touch with what was happening behind the scenes and didn't have the capability of calling out the energy companies. TH is no better.

While BBRY has its own issues with ads, quality of software, contact/calendar and sync management, it's time for BBRY to step it up with providers and hold them to whatever legal commitments they have.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-20-13 09:08 PM
    That's actually a good idea. Something I will try out.

I imagine it doesn't really save all that much effort though, does it? It seems like the process of sorting all of the emails you want to keep into a separate folder would be just as much work as deleting all of the emails that you don't want to keep individually.
    Plus for me is that I save by contact so it is easy to find what I need...old habits from my pc days...

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 09:10 PM
    Plus for me is that I save by contact so it is easy to find what I need...old habits from my pc days...

Posted via CB10
    I'd be happier if BlackBerry changed one thing about BB10's email.

When I have a email opened in the foreground, and I finish reading and then deleting that email, the next email should automatically open. That one change would speed up the process of going through emails on BB10 so much. Maybe I'm just lazy, but that extra step of opening the next email in line annoys me.
    07-20-13 09:18 PM
    What is EOL?
    I remember a post over a month ago of a VZW inventory screen shot listing the Z10 as EOL... so, not entirely surprised... although very much disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 09:23 PM
    I'd be happier if BlackBerry changed one thing about BB10's email.

When I have a email opened in the foreground, and I finish reading and then deleting that email, the next email should automatically open. That one change would speed up the process of going through emails on BB10 so much. Maybe I'm just lazy, but that extra step of opening the next email in line annoys me.
    This exactly! This is one thing where android kicks BlackBerry behind. I can't believe they haven't got option like this yet

Posted via CB10
    Saiga and BergerKing like this.
    07-20-13 09:24 PM
    Considering that Best Buy has the AT&T Z10 at a price of $0 today, that is not the silliest rumor around.
    CostCo has had Z10 at $.01 with 2 year Verizon contract in US for over a month, so I can see why Best Buy is matching prices.

Regarding Z10 re-orders, if sales are as poor as claimed, it could be months to years before their stock runs out. As of today, the device is still $99 at AT&T.

A far bigger concern is what kind of commitment they will make to order/sell the A10?

BBRY also needs to step it up and work out kinks in BB10 OS contact/ calendar mgmt so it is bulletproof, do a radical makeover of BB Link so it actually looks and feels like a respectable piece of software, and address support issues so that RIM users who are TRYING to upgrade can do so without fear of problems and abandonment by company (as BBRY support pages so often attest).

While the providers are not helping, BBRY is shooting itself in the foot at the same time. Users don't line up out the door for buggy software, poor support, and a device that has no "wow" factor due to terrible advertising.

I use the Z10 and iPhone 5, prefer the Z10. Would never had known had I not been a RIM device user before. While BBRY has executed well on some fronts, eg cash management, cutting expenses, it has also stumbled in so many other ways it is a shame.
    07-20-13 09:24 PM
    What is EOL?
    End of Life
    (ie, Discontinued)

Edit: I originally wrote "End of Line" but was corrected to "End of Life" by member: amazinglygraceless. Tx!
    Last edited by m0de25; 07-20-13 at 10:54 PM.
    07-20-13 09:26 PM
    I was in times square the other day and I've seen a big digital billboard advertising the Q10. Its not that they're not advertising, but its that the media wants Blackberry dead. Their phones can be top notch but if it doesn't have the name of Apple or Samsung the media won't give it any thought or they will find petty things to claim why its a bad phone.
    07-20-13 09:26 PM
239 ... 23456 ...