12-03-14 07:58 AM
239 12345 ...
tools
    But seriously is it right for carriers to talk people out of a device they like. Worse that will happen if the consumer dont like it the return it , carriers are simply against blackberry for reasons i dont understand. Their only interest should be getting more customers to get into contract with them and not talk people out of getting a product
    07-20-13 03:51 PM
    AT&T sucks. I wouldn't be surprised if they folded or were consumed by another carrier.
    Ha! No...cold day in Inferno before that happens. AT&T is HUGE. They absorb other companies. Only way they are going is if the government breaks them up again, which they should, because they've slowly but surely, sneakily re-absorbed just about all their original entities and then some. Then they try and take over Tmo...bite me AT&T you suck.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    07-20-13 03:52 PM
    And there in lies the question, why is this an issue only in the US?
    They need to actually market the devices to US customers properly. They need to do something that is fresh, appeals to a younger demographic and shows off what the device is capable of. Commercials about couples taking a photo on the beach will not be enough to get the average american consumer to pay attention.
    BB10QNX and Moonbase0ne like this.
    07-20-13 04:15 PM
    They need to actually market the devices to US customers properly. They need to do something that is fresh, appeals to a younger demographic and shows off what the device is capable of. Commercials about couples taking a photo on the beach will not be enough to get the average american consumer to pay attention.
    There you go. Exactly. The kids are the ones that get products sold. I'm no kid, and don't see the point in instagram and all these games of the week, but if you want to be successful, you gotta get those teenagers wanting these phones. Then the old farts will follow. I mean, after all, we don't want our kids having better phones than us. Lol

If the iPhone can become number one with dancing silhouettes.... then maybe BlackBerry shouldn't be showing someone planning a second honeymoon.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 04:20 PM
    AT&T is not a stupid company. These are business days decisions. If they thought there was money on this for them, they would be there to get it.

Agree BlackBerry did a poor marketing job. Agree AT&T didn't do much if any marketing. My question is why didn't they? US market seems soured on BlackBerry. No marketing, slow updates, no interest.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    kevinnugent and Moonbase0ne like this.
    07-20-13 04:29 PM
    At my AT&T Store I had 2 sales people try to talk me out of the Z10. But even better was the look of disappointment when I told them I wanted a BlackBerry. I've had Note2, S3, numerous Iphones, etc...
    After a couple of months with the Z10 I am extremely pleased.
    Does BlackBerry have every app I want?No, but they have everything I need .
    What terrifies me is when the day comes that I walk into any mobile store and my only choices are Android or ios.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 04:29 PM
    Have a great idea! All USA customers with Z10s leave current carriers and sign up with T-mo. The other day I called for some tech backup at T-mo and they had already routed me to their own BBerry tech based on my incoming phone #. When we couldn't sort, tech told me to go back to what I was doing and a BBerry tech would call me. Ten minutes later, one did. And, we sorted issue. But... I'm sure all you guys and gals at AT&T and Verizon are getting the same service.
    No offense, but I don't contact my carrier unless it's a billing, insurance, or warranty issue. I know in most cases I know people more skilled than my carrier to help me troubleshoot any issues.

Glad you had a good experience, but I choose my carrier based on price and service (bang for the buck), I know they aren't the experts and I wouldn't choose one based on a single CS experience.
    raino and PonyCrazyKid like this.
    07-20-13 04:35 PM
    Where is the proof, I am not sure word of mouth is a great way to spread rumors. We all know what turned out of the last rumor of Blackberry and account set ups.
    07-20-13 04:36 PM
    Ha! No...cold day in Inferno before that happens. AT&T is HUGE. They absorb other companies. Only way they are going is if the government breaks them up again, which they should, because they've slowly but surely, sneakily re-absorbed just about all their original entities and then some. Then they try and take over Tmo...bite me AT&T you suck.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    I'm not saying I agree with the person who said At&t will fail but I wouldn't say cold day in hell either.
    You do recall not long ago when YOUR tax dollars were used to bail out the "too big to fail" banks and 2 out the indestructible big 3 car manufacturers?
    Your grand kids' grand kids will be still paying for that one.

Posted via Z10
    07-20-13 04:42 PM
    The first post very correctly says "Rumour" and thats all it is. Blackberry isn't out of the market yet and is still the device of choice for many government and corporates. Business sense mandates ATT not to discontinue any BB handset that consumer might want.
    If that is true then AT&T have nobody to blame but themselves for the dismal sales. They've put zero effort into marketing the device and staff training/awareness is pretty much non-existent. None of the US carriers have made as much effort as they could have, but AT&T must rank as the worst. With all the "issues" pre-release regarding carrier testing, it's almost as they flagged it to fail before it hit the market.
    Sorry but the blame falls on Blackberry for releasing a sub-par product full of bugs and no ecosystem. The Z10 does not bring anything new and does not do anything better that other smartphones released 2 years ago. It was an old product at launch and smartphone users were not fooled by Blackberry claims that is better than other platforms. It has not sold well anywhere not only in the US.
    Mr.Willie and Teh Yang like this.
    if you added a line to your account and got the phone free can you cancel the line and keep the phone?
    AT&T is only a sorts of service they didn't put and front money for the phone since you are buying from best buy
    Nope..the phone is subsidized..if you want you can buy the phone off contract for $439
    07-20-13 04:46 PM
    The cost of the z10 Brand New on a contract from AT&T is 99.99? Which I find that a great price, seeing it is a top of the line smartphone with cheaper pricing then the other top phones. It has a five star rating with150 reviews. I am not sure why they would be discontinuing this phone. People seem to love it.

Posted via CB10
    You do not need to be an actual holder of the phone to post a review on At&t's site so those reviews can be fake..obviously this applies for other phones as well
    07-20-13 04:50 PM
    If BlackBerry is that big in Canada then I'm moving there. Good bye California.

Posted via CB10
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    07-20-13 04:54 PM
    Rogers has an exclusivity contract with BB. So if you want to make a comparison, make a comparison to Verizon, not AT&T.

And the best Z10 commercial I've seen in the US, not ironically has been Verizon's. Not BB's.

So let's say Apple and Samsung **are** sponsoring bonuses/incentive offers to reps to sell their devices. Who's stopping BB from doing the same? Who's stopping them from going on a banner/in-store marketing blitz? From what I've read, and I'd love to be corrected on this, in-store marketing costs extra (not the reps' personal views, but prominent display, banners, etc.)

One thing I do blame the (US) carriers for, is slow OS update release. Verizon not releasing a 10.1 build is inexcusable.

Apple does not give incentive but for carriers to carry their phone they have to sign contracts that guarantee a certain amount of sales. For instance: Verizon has to order $13.7 billion in expected purchases for 2011, $14 billion for 2012 and $17 billion for 2013 if they fall short they need to pay a penalty to Apple - such penalty is very steep
    07-20-13 04:56 PM
    Have a great idea! All USA customers with Z10s leave current carriers and sign up with T-mo. The other day I called for some tech backup at T-mo and they had already routed me to their own BBerry tech based on my incoming phone #. When we couldn't sort, tech told me to go back to what I was doing and a BBerry tech would call me. Ten minutes later, one did. And, we sorted issue. But... I'm sure all you guys and gals at AT&T and Verizon are getting the same service.
    I also remember getting forwarded to tmobile Blackberry support. Great place to be for Blackerry.
    07-20-13 04:57 PM
    I have a very good friend who works for an AT&T master dealer and claims that sales for the Z10 are so poor that AT&T will not reorder more and it will be discontinued. I tend to believe him, in the past he has told me "Rumors" about AT&T and most have come true. But who knows.

Posted via CB10
    Like you say it is only a rumor. Believe 10 % of what you hear 50% of what you read and you will be right 90% of the time.
    07-20-13 05:18 PM
    Apple does not give incentive but for carriers to carry their phone they have to sign contracts that guarantee a certain amount of sales. For instance: Verizon has to order $13.7 billion in expected purchases for 2011, $14 billion for 2012 and $17 billion for 2013 if they fall short they need to pay a penalty to Apple - such penalty is very steep
    You hit the nail on the head. AT&T is expected to sell 23 billion this year with their contract with Apple.. So WTF is BB supposed to do with sales staff when they tell ppl to get the iphone and not BB as I'm sure the staff have been told to sell Apple first.
    BB10QNX likes this.
    07-20-13 05:25 PM
    Sorry but the blame falls on Blackberry for releasing a sub-par product full of bugs and no ecosystem. The .
    SOOO... when we hear CEO's like the Netflix guy say they will make an app once BB starts having more customers and other app makers are saying they will wait to see if they platform grows then they will make apps for BB. So please tell me how BB could make this great and wonderful and plentiful ecosystem back 2 years ago when even now developers are slow to make apps for BB
    07-20-13 05:30 PM
    If you go into an AT&T store and you don't already know what you want, or at least have it narrowed down to a couple of devices, then you're someone who doesn't care as much about technology; you just want something that works.

If you're an AT&T salesman, would you recommend a new device, with a small amount of apps, and with a steep learning curve to someone who didn't know that that was exactly what they want? The last thing they want is that person coming in a few days later complaining that they can't figure it out, and then blaming AT&T for it.
    07-20-13 05:43 PM
    Did you read the article in Forbes about how Verizon may end up owing apple millions due to unsold I phones? They certainly do care.

Posted via CB10
    The first rule of understanding any happenings in the business world ? Do not read, pay attention to, or heaven forbid - believe ANYTHING you read in Forbes. It is absolute trash.

Forbes published this "story" a couple of weeks ago. There was no response from Verizon until this last week when they released their quarterly results. 51% of all smartphone activations at Verizon for the quarter are iPhones. Up from same quarter a year ago, up by over a million handsets. At Verizon. Record numbers of iPhones for one quarter at Verizon. Will be interesting to see AT&T's numbers.

Don't believe anything you read on the Forbes site. Verizon appears to be doing just fine with the iPhone.
    07-20-13 05:59 PM
    The first rule of understanding any happenings in the business world ? Do not read, pay attention to, or heaven forbid - believe ANYTHING you read in Forbes. It is absolute trash.

Forbes published this "story" a couple of weeks ago. There was no response from Verizon until this last week when they released their quarterly results. 51% of all smartphone activations at Verizon for the quarter are iPhones. Up from same quarter a year ago, up by over a million handsets. At Verizon. Record numbers of iPhones for one quarter at Verizon. Will be interesting to see AT&T's numbers.

Don't believe anything you read on the Forbes site. Verizon appears to be doing just fine with the iPhone.
    How does that disprove the article? If anything it lends credibility to it that Verizon is pushing iPhone more than anything else.

Posted via Z10
    BB10QNX likes this.
    07-20-13 06:01 PM
    Really? Nothing new? And does everything the same? Have you even used one?

Posted via Z10
    I do. I use one every day.

It does nothing that other phones don't do but is has no support ecosystem to speak and no useful app base.
    Teh Yang likes this.
    07-20-13 06:03 PM
    So the hub for one is available on all other phones?

Posted via Z10
    07-20-13 06:09 PM
    So the hub for one is available on all other phones?

Posted via Z10
    "Hub, Peek and Flow", while extremely important to the enthusiast community here, didn't translate into marketing material.
    The consumers could not care less.

Everything takes extra swipes. Forget about apps for the moment. A 1.0 OS in a world of 4s, 6s and 8s.
    21stNow, JeepBB, Teh Yang and 1 others like this.
    07-20-13 06:16 PM
239 12345 ...