12-03-14 07:58 AM
239 ... 8910
tools
    maybe they know something we dont, like a new touch device hitting the market, probably not. I think the are anti-blackberry, but im sure the passport will be at AT&T soon enough (Speculation)
    11-19-14 12:19 PM
    Nearly a two year old phone. No surprise.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:49 PM
    I don't think ATT is anti blackberry. All their executives use Bold, they are corporate issued.

Z10 is close to 2 years old. Should just retire it. Z3 is for the low end customer and Z 30 for the enterprise. No need to have so many models

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:57 AM
    I don't think ATT is anti blackberry. All their executives use Bold, they are corporate issued.

Z10 is close to 2 years old. Should just retire it. Z3 is for the low end customer and Z 30 for the enterprise. No need to have so many models

Posted via CB10
    The Z3 and the Z30 are not, and have never been, available through AT&T. You can't technically consider them in the mix.

The only BB10 devices they ever carried were the Z10 and Q10. That's not really that many models.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 02:41 PM
    The Z3 and the Z30 are not, and have never been, available through AT&T. You can't technically consider them in the mix.

The only BB10 devices they ever carried were the Z10 and Q10. That's not really that many models.

Posted via CB10
    AT&T carried many Blackberry models relative to the number of units BB10 was selling.

We can't expect carriers to bend on their backs for an OS with less than 1% marketshare. Carriers have limited resources in the number of handsets they can afford to test and support, warehouses they can store them in, etc. etc.
    11-20-14 02:53 PM
    AT&T carried many Blackberry models relative to the number of units BB10 was selling.

We can't expect carriers to bend on their backs for an OS with less than 1% marketshare. Carriers have limited resources in the number of handsets they can afford to test and support, warehouses they can store them in, etc. etc.
    Could see the Q10 being EOL pretty quickly as the Classic is rolled out. But for now the Z10 IS the full touch option for AT&T users.... unless they buy direct,
    11-24-14 03:05 PM
    Is Sprint still advertising Q10 as coming soon?
    Sprint has Q10 - OOPS, sorry, this is really old post quoted - at nearest rural town in Virginia store, it's available by special order. It's online at sprint.com - but Sprint is stupid with iPhones and I'm so out of like with mine and riding it until it croaks. Will see what Sprint offers then, but can't just get another GMS BB with ATT because I don't know if the signal will be good enough when all the trees are in full foliage - lots and lots of trees, omg - nearest ATT tower is 5 miles away and it's hilly here in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mts. Must let the seasons cycle through to autumn for good trial with ATT signal. (FYI - no TMO signal at all, not out here and very iffy in town - really bad).

Love my 9900 - great phone. That's the problem with the whole device issue - many people want toys, social networking, entertainment/game apps. I just need a faffing phone that works!!! BB 9900 does it for me. My 4s is on nearby (1/4 mile away max) Sprint tower - sigh. I don't really want the Q10 and to sign up for 2 years, but I might find an unlocked BB cdma Sprint-branded online and BYOD that way. The easiest way to see what Sprint offers is to go online. They stick with the phones that walk out the door. Don't even know why they're called phones as they are rarely used for actual calls - lol!
    Last edited by PonyCrazyKid; 11-24-14 at 05:55 PM.
    11-24-14 05:01 PM
    Sprint has Q10 - OOPS, sorry, this is really old post quoted - at nearest rural town in Virginia store, it's available by special order. It's online at sprint.com - but Sprint is stupid with iPhones and I'm so out of like with mine and riding it until it croaks. Will see what Sprint offers then, but can't just get another GMS BB with ATT because I don't know if the signal will be good enough when all the trees are in full foliage - lots and lots of trees, omg - nearest ATT tower is 5 miles away and it's hilly here in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mts. Must let the seasons cycle through to autumn for good trial with ATT signal. (FYI - no TMO signal at all, not out here and very iffy in town - really bad).

Love my 9900 - great phone. That's the problem with the whole device issue - many people want toys, social networking, entertainment/game apps. I just need a faffing phone that works!!! BB 9900 does it for me. My 4s is on nearby (1/4 mile away max) Sprint tower - sigh. I don't really want the Q10 and to sign up for 2 years, but I might find an unlocked BB cdma Sprint-branded online and BYOD that way. The easiest way to see what Sprint offers is to go online. They stick with the phones that walk out the door. Don't even know why they're called phones as they are rarely used for actual calls - lol!
    I think you would really like Q10, did you try places like Glyde or maybe local CL or Swappa? I just checked Glyde and someone wants $300 for Q10 for Sprint, what's wrong with Sprint!? I am surprised. 9900 was a great device, I went back to it after trying Z10, then finally I went back up to Z30, amazing device and does pretty much everything (Except direct dialing and keyboard shortcuts) that my 9900 did. However if all I did was reply to emails, I still would keep my 9900 and then get and android phone for the 2nd fun device, but with Z30, I don't have to do that. The only problem with 9900 was the lack of apps and much slower attachment handling, it's really all robost in 10.2, give it a shot!
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    11-25-14 12:17 AM
    Sort of related - checking the Fido Website today I noticed they no longer carry the q5 and so no longer carry any blackberry phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 12:52 PM
    Thanks, Heading4Tomorrow - what I really want is the Passport - hubba hubba, what a work device. Re apps - I'm just not really into them. I say that Sprint out here in the boonies is iffy, but the more I use and like my 9900 with nearest ATT tower 5 miles away, the more I"m convinced that it's the device that dictates what you get out of signal. When the 4s croaks, I might get the Q10 on Sprint, but I'm not doing anything in terms of a phone replacement until the 4s croaks -- again, lol! The power/sleep button died 6 months in, but I used assistive touch to turn off & charger cable to turn on until the battery stopped holding a charge at a little over one year: genius bar insisted on upgrading to iOS7 and that was the end of the iPhone for me - 7 slowed the 4s way down and didn't add anything that I needed and/or wanted. Not going to IOS8 either - just waiting for the darn thing to break down again. But I need reliable signal at home office in the boonies. If 9900 can't pull signal in full foliage, I won't get the Passport while I live here. So, thanks - I'll keep the Sprint Q10 in mind.
    11-28-14 01:02 PM
    Even if they are discontinuing it for a new all touch you're not likely to see it until early 2016. I mean all you have to do is look at their totally screwed up passport non-launch to see that.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 11:41 AM

And yet they still have banners up everywhere in western CT for the fire phone which is a universal failure and discounted on amazon for $199 unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 11:43 AM
    I started buying directly from BlackBerry about 4 years ago. I didn't want to be limited to my choices with AT&T anymore and then having to get it unlocked if I have to travel overseas.

I started with the Bold, Z10, and now the Z30. I'm eyeing a Passport for either Christmas or early next year.

There are always deals online if we're not too picky and impatient.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 04:03 AM
    if it turn true it would be a big setback for blackberry.
    12-03-14 07:58 AM
239 ... 8910