12-03-14 08:58 AM
239 123 ...
tools
    I have a very good friend who works for an AT&T master dealer and claims that sales for the Z10 are so poor that AT&T will not reorder more and it will be discontinued. I tend to believe him, in the past he has told me "Rumors" about AT&T and most have come true. But who knows.

Posted via CB10
    buwee likes this.
    07-20-13 12:47 PM
    Considering that Best Buy has the AT&T Z10 at a price of $0 today, that is not the silliest rumor around.
    millerliteboy and schmeat like this.
    07-20-13 12:53 PM
    I have a very good friend who works for an AT&T master dealer and claims that sales for the Z10 are so poor that AT&T will not reorder more and it will be discontinued. I tend to believe him, in the past he has told me "Rumors" about AT&T and most have come true. But who knows.

Posted via CB10
    If that is true then AT&T have nobody to blame but themselves for the dismal sales. They've put zero effort into marketing the device and staff training/awareness is pretty much non-existent. None of the US carriers have made as much effort as they could have, but AT&T must rank as the worst. With all the "issues" pre-release regarding carrier testing, it's almost as they flagged it to fail before it hit the market.
    SDTRMG, nquyen, ErinnM and 21 others like this.
    07-20-13 12:54 PM
    I'm sorry, but the primary responsibility to advertise lies with the product maker, not the carriers. Could AT&T in-store staff nationwide have been more enthusiastic, and followed the corporate "we're excited" line? Certainly. But BB self-admittedly dropped the ball in advertising this product/launch, and ultimately, it's their responsibility to make sure the product "sells like hell."
    07-20-13 12:59 PM
    Good riddance.

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    07-20-13 01:13 PM
    Verizon is horrible at marketing it also. Best Buy has a dedicated BlackBerry 10 display, yet when I got mine Wednesday all the sales people said I was the first Z10 activation they've had. The sales people at Verizon directed me toward the iPhone 5 and S4 (I came from the iPhone 4s...tired of iPhone) and toyed with the S4 for a couple of days....wanted something different. Right now, though, I am torn on keeping it.
    jegs2 likes this.
    07-20-13 01:14 PM
    I'm sorry, but the primary responsibility to advertise lies with the product maker, not the carriers. Could AT&T in-store staff nationwide have been more enthusiastic, and followed the corporate "we're excited" line? Certainly. But BB self-admittedly dropped the ball in advertising this product/launch, and ultimately, it's their responsibility to make sure the product "sells like hell."
    BlackBerry have indeed admitted they could have done better, and they're correct in saying that, but that doesn't absolve the carrier's responsibility to move product off the shelves. AT&T may well sit there and blame BlackBerry but they're more than an equal partner in this. How it generally works is the manufacturer handles nationwide, non-carrier specific marketing, while the carrier is responsible for state/provincial and local advertising, including spot and POS. What angers me the most is for the carriers to whine about lack of support when they're hardly putting the effort in themselves, and like I said, this all started at the carrier testing stage so this all has the feel of a self fulfilling prophecy to me.
    07-20-13 01:31 PM
    See, the issue here is that att actively works to get you to not buy BlackBerry. Not simply not advertising it, but talking you out of it. I had to go through 3 people at the corporate store in my city to buy mine. I went in to the att store in the city I work in, to get a charger, and asked about the z10 when I was there, just to see if I got a different experience. I was the only customer at the time and I had the whole sales staff (2 girls, lol) start telling me how I didn't want the z10. I wanted the iPhone or S4. But couldn't tell me anything wrong with the Z. Just that I didn't want it. Wouldn't even go over the display model with me. Stood steadfast at the Samsung showing me things it would do from across the room. Ended up buying a charger from Radio Shack.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 01:33 PM
    See, the issue here is that att actively works to get you to not buy BlackBerry. Not simply not advertising it, but talking you out of it. I had to go through 3 people at the corporate store in my city to buy mine. I went in to the att store in the city I work in, to get a charger, and asked about the z10 when I was there, just to see if I got a different experience. I was the only customer at the time and I had the whole sales staff (2 girls, lol) start telling me how I didn't want the z10. I wanted the iPhone or S4. But couldn't tell me anything wrong with the Z. Just that I didn't want it. Wouldn't even go over the display model with me. Stood steadfast at the Samsung showing me things it would do from across the room. Ended up buying a charger from Radio Shack.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, Verizon is the same way. One guy admitted he couldn't say anything BAD about the Z10, and another said that BlackBerry will go out of business, and then I would be left with a useless device.
    web99 likes this.
    07-20-13 01:44 PM
    If AT&T needs a lesson in how to market a BlackBerry then they need not look any further than Rogers in Canada who went nuts with the Z10 and Q10 and they're probably outselling AT&T quite handily in a country with 1/10th the population as a result. I know it's fashionable to blame BlackBerry for all their current ills but all you've got to do is look at Canada and the UK, amongst others, to understand how important carrier support is to the success of a device, BlackBerry can only do so much if the carrier is too lazy to get off their **** and do something.
    07-20-13 01:48 PM
    I remember a post over a month ago of a VZW inventory screen shot listing the Z10 as EOL... so, not entirely surprised... although very much disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    phschlender likes this.
    07-20-13 01:52 PM
    if you added a line to your account and got the phone free can you cancel the line and keep the phone?
    AT&T is only a sorts of service they didn't put and front money for the phone since you are buying from best buy
    07-20-13 01:56 PM
    Its too much of an coincidence that most retailers push away from blackberry and lean firstly to Samsung then iPhone.

Sales representatives don't care about features, they are commission based so the only thing that makes sense is that Samsung is offering them more incentives or the carriers are receiving some sort of Samsung incentives and instructing them to push Samsung hard.

Main question is that Samsung is an android product just like many other phones like HTC.... Why don't the sales reps direct the customer to android phones and not just Samsung?

BlackBerry needs to do a sales contest like some of the major real estate companies do. Top 100 sales reps get a fully paid 4 day cruise . You will see the numbers go nuts...

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 02:01 PM
    I think everyone is to blame for slow sales. US carriers have done a poor job and BlackBerry has done a poor job also. Where are the TV and billboard ads I see for iPhone5 and G4??

Almost nothing.

Posted via CB10
    tryfe likes this.
    07-20-13 02:06 PM
    Other than the original Droid Does ads I don't really recall any of the US carriers doing any great marketing. They have not had to. Customers line up in queues day in and day out and fork over hundreds of dollars a pop for the latest and greatest, whatever that might be... or an iphone.

This is the market BlackBerry has to compete in. One where the product needs to almost sell itself. Quite a hard thing to do.

But the carriers certainly don't "Care" about any one phone. They are raking it in.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-20-13 02:07 PM
    if you added a line to your account and got the phone free can you cancel the line and keep the phone?
    AT&T is only a sorts of service they didn't put and front money for the phone since you are buying from best buy
    Sure you can keep the device, on the next invoice will be the full retail price of the phone as well as any other fees for cancelling the line.
    SK122387 likes this.
    07-20-13 02:08 PM
    Well you need to look for it to find it, but the Q10 is easy to find so maybe they are just selling Q's
    07-20-13 02:14 PM
    Sure you can keep the device, on the next invoice will be the full retail price of the phone as well as any other fees for cancelling the line.
    that's not good full retail
    07-20-13 02:20 PM
    Other than the original Droid Does ads I don't really recall any of the US carriers doing any great marketing. They have not had to. Customers line up in queues day in and day out and fork over hundreds of dollars a pop for the latest and greatest, whatever that might be... or an iphone.

This is the market BlackBerry has to compete in. One where the product needs to almost sell itself. Quite a hard thing to do.

But the carriers certainly don't "Care" about any one phone. They are raking it in.

Posted via BlackBerry 10

Did you read the article in Forbes about how Verizon may end up owing apple millions due to unsold I phones? They certainly do care.

Posted via CB10
    BB10QNX and undone like this.
    07-20-13 02:24 PM
    Have a great idea! All USA customers with Z10s leave current carriers and sign up with T-mo. The other day I called for some tech backup at T-mo and they had already routed me to their own BBerry tech based on my incoming phone #. When we couldn't sort, tech told me to go back to what I was doing and a BBerry tech would call me. Ten minutes later, one did. And, we sorted issue. But... I'm sure all you guys and gals at AT&T and Verizon are getting the same service.
    This would be bad news to have such a large carrier drop the Z10 only a few months after launch. This wouldn't be the news prospective developers would like to see..it would only validate their reluctance to develop for the platform.

Posted via CB10
    Amy wineBerry and Teh Yang like this.
    Have a great idea! All USA customers with Z10s leave current carriers and sign up with T-mo. The other day I called for some tech backup at T-mo and they had already routed me to their own BBerry tech based on my incoming phone #. When we couldn't sort, tech told me to go back to what I was doing and a BBerry tech would call me. Ten minutes later, one did. And, we sorted issue. But... I'm sure all you guys and gals at AT&T and Verizon are getting the same service.
    Unfortunately, T-Mobile doesn't work well in a lot of areas of the country....including mine. Where I live, I would only have 2g data. Not worth it.
    BB10QNX and Moonbase0ne like this.
    07-20-13 02:28 PM
    I hate all this arguing about customer service, if my network doesn't work I blame AT&T but device customer support and therefore Operating system updates should come directly from the device maker, i.e. Blackberry, the carriers are afraid of being taken out of the loop, meanwhile they should be saving money by only lightly approving operating systems, and pushing customer service to the device makers, be the middle man and make the money, make your network work and shut up otherwise

Via CB10
    BB10QNX likes this.
    07-20-13 02:29 PM
    Verizon is horrible at marketing it also.
    I disagree. Verizon is horrible with product placement and staff showing the device to new customers in the store. Verizon actually had the best Blackberry commercial I have seen, much better than the blackberry stuff. Also, both AT&T and VZ dropped the ball on OS updates.
    07-20-13 02:40 PM
    The power of perception is amazing! Still boggles my mind how such a great device can be so despised simply because perception of a brand is negative, seems like a real pity though, millions of people might never get to use the best OS invented within the last decade.....
    07-20-13 02:42 PM
239 123 ...