08-05-14 11:19 AM
190 ... 678
tools
    Samsung did actually bought BlackBerry. Darnn.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 07:36 AM
    They haven't said anything in the last two years.
    As of August 2012 they did answer.

Samsung: We're not buying RIM, or BlackBerry 10 licenses | ZDNet

Who knows now.
    07-27-14 08:00 AM

Who knows now.
    Yep this! They planned to dominate the business world with Knox and put BlackBerry totally under then. Two years is an eternity in tech and obviously Knox isn't playing out as planned. Look at how many have tried making an Android based device that is as secure as a BlackBerry, and look at how many are on the market. Samsung couldn't do it. Cisco has been talking about secure Android tablets and phones for a while and still nothing. These are two heavy hitters with a lot of money to out behind these efforts. It is much harder to get security into a product when it hasn't been a concern and you have a huge base of apps and services that were developed with the security mechanisms in place. BB10 had it from the start. I would bet that there are some major players out there thinking of if they can buy BlackBerry and make BB10 a successful smartphone OS as they are finding that securing Android while still keeping it useful to be a difficult proposition.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    07-27-14 10:30 AM
    Yep this! They planned to dominate the business world with Knox and put BlackBerry totally under then. Two years is an eternity in tech and obviously Knox isn't playing out as planned. Look at how many have tried making an Android based device that is as secure as a BlackBerry, and look at how many are on the market. Samsung couldn't do it. Cisco has been talking about secure Android tablets and phones for a while and still nothing. These are two heavy hitters with a lot of money to out behind these efforts. It is much harder to get security into a product when it hasn't been a concern and you have a huge base of apps and services that were developed with the security mechanisms in place. BB10 had it from the start. I would bet that there are some major players out there thinking of if they can buy BlackBerry and make BB10 a successful smartphone OS as they are finding that securing Android while still keeping it useful to be a difficult proposition.

Trust me this is bitter irony for me. I FOUGHT my leadership to keep BlackBerry at our agency. I lost the battle BIG TIME and they brought in.....SAMSUNG. Note 2, to be exact. Don't you think that if they make this move that I'll be bringing up this ALL over again????? If this happens and BlackBerry is financially more stable I can fight them again and their assertion that the company wouldn't survive and TRY to get BlackBerry back.

I won't hold out hope.....I've been too battle scarred already in that fight.
    07-27-14 10:51 AM

Who knows now.
    As I said, that was two years ago. Nothing recent though.
    07-27-14 11:50 AM
    As I said, that was two years ago. Nothing recent though.
    No you said they haven't said anything in the last two years.

They haven't said anything in the last two years.

That article was August 2012. That's within two years.
    07-27-14 11:53 AM
    Trust me this is bitter irony for me. I FOUGHT my leadership to keep BlackBerry at our agency. I lost the battle BIG TIME and they brought in.....SAMSUNG. Note 2, to be exact. Don't you think that if they make this move that I'll be bringing up this ALL over again????? If this happens and BlackBerry is financially more stable I can fight them again and their assertion that the company wouldn't survive and TRY to get BlackBerry back.

I won't hold out hope.....I've been too battle scarred already in that fight.
    Yep I see attempts at anything bit BlackBerry all the time. FIPS is the only thing keeping them in where I contract to. Actually Bb10 devices are finally being deployed. They still won't permit BYOD. The other solution is basically Citrix on Android and iPhone.

07-27-14 02:08 PM
    Yep I see attempts at anything bit BlackBerry all the time. FIPS is the only thing keeping them in where I contract to. Actually Bb10 devices are finally being deployed. They still won't permit BYOD. The other solution is basically Citrix on Android and iPhone.

I never imagined we would go away from BES. I literally stopped a market research effort that wasn't including BlackBerry and WP, trying to keep BlackBerry in play.

I literally lost the management of our mobile fleet because I was deemed an "obstructionist." Oh well. At least I'm out of it and didn't deploy Good.
    07-28-14 05:14 AM
    It's a no go.
    By John Chen, himself, today : watch the video. Start around 1:07 for this specific point.

Chen: Prefer to Build Value at BlackBerry: Video - Bloomberg
    m1kr0 likes this.
    07-28-14 01:36 PM
    Yep Chen admits his dance card is empty as he watches those two elephants waltz by....

Not sure how the Z3 and BBMx are doing, but the interviewer seems to think that BlackBerry is focused on enterprise only and that consumers are a thing of the past - not what Chen said at all - at least on on camera.
    07-28-14 04:21 PM
    Yep Chen admits his dance card is empty as he watches those two elephants waltz by....

Not sure how the Z3 and BBMx are doing, but the interviewer seems to think that BlackBerry is focused on enterprise only and that consumers are a thing of the past - not what Chen said at all - at least on on camera.
    You're right. Chen hasn't said that. However, I can see why some people might think that. He has shown a certain preference towards the business side.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-29-14 09:30 AM
    In case nobody has mentioned it, the Canadian government is not the least bit willing to sell national security interests to overseas customers. Failing that, the US would apply insane diplomatic pressure, since much of their sensitive communication flows through BlackBerry infrastructure - they have Authority to Operate, nobody else. An overseas sale would result in that being revoked the minute the company changed hands.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 10:25 PM
    In case nobody has mentioned it, the Canadian government is not the least bit willing to sell national security interests to overseas customers. Failing that, the US would apply insane diplomatic pressure, since much of their sensitive communication flows through BlackBerry infrastructure - they have Authority to Operate, nobody else. An overseas sale would result in that being revoked the minute the company changed hands.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but again... how hard would it be BlackBerry to simply pickup and not be a Canadian company anymore? Is Canada or the US going to start pumping money into BlackBerry to keep it a float?

As to "Authority to Operate" that applies only to the US DoD.... about 500K devices in all. But they have been testing other platforms and they ARE moving away from BES as the infrastructure MDM supplier.

So far, the Federal Air Marshal Service, the Coast Guard, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives have not only approved iPhone usage but switched entirely from BlackBerry devices. And in 2012, the Department of Homeland Security also switched more than 17,000 employees from BlackBerrys to iPhones for the Immigration and Customs Enforcement division.

I think the US Government would prefer BlackBerry.... but only if it is a stable BlackBerry and can offer the tools that some departments need. (and face it have cool, flashy devices helps)
    07-30-14 09:13 AM
    Sorry but again... how hard would it be BlackBerry to simply pickup and not be a Canadian company anymore? Is Canada or the US going to start pumping money into BlackBerry to keep it a float?

As to "Authority to Operate" that applies only to the US DoD.... about 500K devices in all. But they have been testing other platforms and they ARE moving away from BES as the infrastructure MDM supplier.

So far, the Federal Air Marshal Service, the Coast Guard, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives have not only approved iPhone usage but switched entirely from BlackBerry devices. And in 2012, the Department of Homeland Security also switched more than 17,000 employees from BlackBerrys to iPhones for the Immigration and Customs Enforcement division.

I think the US Government would prefer BlackBerry.... but only if it is a stable BlackBerry and can offer the tools that some departments need. (and face it have cool, flashy devices helps)
    DHS USCIS is currently testing Samsung Note 2s. Some staff have already moved over. They will test iPhone next. Given the fact that there has been some crossing over of staff from ICE to USCIS of folks who worked the transition away from BlackBerry to iPhones I would say that it is likely that USCIS HQ will move away from BlackBerry in FY15. Can't say if field staff will also move over.
    07-30-14 11:46 AM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 11:19 AM
190 ... 678