08-05-14 10:19 AM
190 ... 5678
tools
    Samsung killed knox?? I thought they made a deal with Google to include it in the next version of android ?? Why are people making things up??lol http://www.zdnet.com/samsung-and-goo...-l-7000031870/

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-25-14 07:34 PM
    Samsung killed knox?? I thought they made a deal with Google to include it in the next version of android ?? Why are people making things up??lol http://www.zdnet.com/samsung-and-goo...-l-7000031870/

Posted via CB10
    LOL because it fits the specific narrative. I wasn't gonna bother pointing it out, because it's funny.
    07-25-14 07:42 PM
    Never heard about this until I saw this site. I like another poster said, the Canadian government might not see a Korean acquisition like a Chinese one though since Canada/Korea have several FTAs (Free Trade Agreements).
    07-25-14 10:56 PM
    Well Canada doesn't view a Korean company the same way they do with a Chinese company.. you never know. But I hope not!

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    Yeah, but a Korean company of a Korean country whose northern border is an unmanaged forest south of another Korean country, whose government is more intensely totalitarian than China...

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    07-25-14 11:35 PM
    I honestly don't know what I would do if this were to ever happen. Samsung is the opposite of what BlackBerry is. And I can't stand Samsung phones. And weren't they anyways doing their own Knox ****?..Canadian government should definitely not allow this.

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    07-26-14 01:54 AM
    Publicly traded companies are always for sale.

Hard to see ant reason Samsung would though. Patent sale could be blocked depending on what Samsung already has. Other businesses not worth much to a company like Samsung as they are all services.

Also, already has 40+% of smartphone market. Partnering to own BES would be a headache.

Btw. Chen said a week or so ago he must consider any serious offer, actually the BoD must. Suggested ?$100 share price.

Keep in kind Watsa's break even number is almost $40 per share and he controls a lot of votes

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    I know Samsung is not for sale.
    07-26-14 02:40 AM
    I honestly don't know what I would do if this were to ever happen. Samsung is the opposite of what BlackBerry is. And I can't stand Samsung phones. And weren't they anyways doing their own Knox ****?..Canadian government should definitely not allow this.

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    They might have to because they want to be seen as closed market to investors. I think Canadian government will not allow because of security reasons.
    07-26-14 02:42 AM
    And Palm is scraped by HP.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 05:08 AM
    And Palm is scraped by HP.

Posted via CB10
    HP has been a mess for an eternity. Not comparable to Samsung.
    07-26-14 05:12 AM
    It doesn't really matter. If someone does not buy Blackberry it will go out of business. If and when some company eventually does buy Blackberry, they will take the best parts such as the secure software, dump the rest and close it. I have been a dedicated Blackberry user for 5 years but in the end I had to admit to myself it was time to move on. It has been painful to watch a great company dying as a result of numerous bad executive level decisions. Now I have a Samsung S4 and the difference in ease of use, speed, attractiveness, screen quality, sound, etc is just mindboggling. I can't believe I allowed myself to suffer for so long with the yawn inducing Blackberry phone . As far as security is concerned there are plenty of free options available on Samsung to locate your phone, and if it is stolen your take a remote photo of the person who did it as soon as they try to switch it on, set off alarms, wipe everything remotely and disable the phone. Even swapping a sim card will disable it. There are plenty of encryption options too. I do miss my Blackberry of course but progress dictates that we must move on from the steam locomotive to the electric train.
    07-26-14 05:46 AM
    I know Samsung is not for sale.
    For a Korean party, it definitely is. That's how the stock market works.
    07-26-14 05:46 AM
    But BES Hosting isn't new... not really sure what the announcement was about to be honest. Go look around you will find many of these big server farm type hosting companies have the option to add BES right now.... just not sure if it's BES10 or not.

As to how IBM will mange iOS devices in Europe (and the rest of the world).... IBM MobileFirst Management. That will be what IBM will be pushing as their end-to-end solution, the BES add on for hosting is just a feature that one hosting division will offer as part of web hosting packages. Big difference than it being an IBM company wide solution. Go do a quick search for IBM MobileFirst... you see the dancing elephants are doing the tango already.
    - BES10 hosted is new.
    - "Never say never" and I'm just glad IBM wil benchmark in real usage situation BES10, shall it be for a part of its customers. It shows that they consider alternatives to MFM (yes, I did know about it). IF not, why would they enter/renew a partnership with BlackBerry on the EMM ?
    07-26-14 09:11 AM
    I could see this. Samsung is reliant on Google now for their most popular phones and Tizen may not be the way forward for them. Knox is a fiasco. Apple just partnered with IBM for the business sector. BlackBerry has an excellent OS, that can run Android apps, and has the most flexible FIPS approval of any IS on the market, it simply lacks a company behind it that can successfully market it or that can make cost effective hardware for it, and Samsung can do both. All Samsung would have to do is out BB10 on the GS6 and Note 4 and say it is the "next big thing" and people will buy in droves. They start making a few QWERTY devices in addition to the other offerings and businesses will flock back to a BES that has a stable company behind it.

This might be the only way that BB10 survives because I think Chen wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if BB10 software and hardware died but BES and the pie in the sky "Internet of Things" lived on, and I don't think he has any plans to put the money and time behind the Bb10 and hardware business to try to make it successful. I'm fine with Samsung purchasing BlackBerry, dropping Android, putting BB10 on high end hardware and making the platform successful because BlackBerry appears incapable of doing this. Samsung could make the PKB devices cheaper and better, and we know they can make great all touch devices too, and most consumers wouldn't even realize that they were running a completely different OS, just that this was Samsung's "Next Big Thing".

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    07-26-14 09:46 AM
    I could see this. Samsung is reliant on Google now for their most popular phones and Tizen may not be the way forward for them. Knox is a fiasco. Apple just partnered with IBM for the business sector. BlackBerry has an excellent OS, that can run Android apps, and has the most flexible FIPS approval of any IS on the market, it simply lacks a company behind it that can successfully market it or that can make cost effective hardware for it, and Samsung can do both. All Samsung would have to do is out BB10 on the GS6 and Note 4 and say it is the "next big thing" and people will buy in droves. They start making a few QWERTY devices in addition to the other offerings and businesses will flock back to a BES that has a stable company behind it.

This might be the only way that BB10 survives because I think Chen wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if BB10 software and hardware died but BES and the pie in the sky "Internet of Things" lived on, and I don't think he has any plans to put the money and time behind the Bb10 and hardware business to try to make it successful. I'm fine with Samsung purchasing BlackBerry, dropping Android, putting BB10 on high end hardware and making the platform successful because BlackBerry appears incapable of doing this. Samsung could make the PKB devices cheaper and better, and we know they can make great all touch devices too, and most consumers wouldn't even realize that they were running a completely different OS, just that this was Samsung's "Next Big Thing".

What would Samsung do for services and ecosystem? Samsung branded BB10 devices would face a lot of the same issues that BBRY-branded BB10 devices.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-26-14 09:52 AM
    What would Samsung do for services and ecosystem? Samsung branded BB10 devices would face a lot of the same issues that BBRY-branded BB10 devices.
    They have the brand name, volume, and the money to get developers, and they could make their own Android store and services. How many Android devs that track metrics of what devices their apps are going on probably see the majority are going on Samsung. Hell Google might even bend and allow Google services on a non-Android device since they care less about Android and more about ad revenue, and they likely see more Samsung than anything else. Losing their biggest OEM could dramatically change Google's policies.

07-26-14 10:10 AM
    They have the brand name, volume, and the money to get developers, and they could make their own Android store and services. How many Android devs that track metrics of what devices their apps are going on probably see the majority are going on Samsung. Hell Google might even bend and allow Google services on a non-Android device since they care less about Android and more about ad revenue, and they likely see more Samsung than anything else. Losing their biggest OEM could dramatically change Google's policies.

I see your point. Samsung's muscle might help move units, but not enough to make them abandon Google.

I also think Samsung needs Google a bit more than Google needs it. If Samsung were to move on, one if the other OEMs would fill the void, much like Samsung itself did when HTC stumbled.
    07-26-14 10:17 AM
    There is no Samsung rumour. It is a made up rumour by shorts. Close thread.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 11:19 AM
    I see your point. Samsung's muscle might help move units, but not enough to make them abandon Google.

I also think Samsung needs Google a bit more than Google needs it. If Samsung were to move on, one if the other OEMs would fill the void, much like Samsung itself did when HTC stumbled.
    I don't think most people who buy a Samsung device associate Samsung Galaxy with Android, nor does Samsung really push the Android aspect in the advertising. They typically advertise cool features that differentiate them from others, or much Apple users. Tech people know what's going on, but the general consumer just wants an app store with the apps they want running on great hardware. I don't think HTC has the marketing power either. Google didn't make Motorola phones successful when they bought them, and they haven't made HTC devices successful, even though they are usually superior to Samsung in make and build too. Only your die hard Android fans would switch IMHO.

07-26-14 12:30 PM
    I don't think most people who buy a Samsung device associate Samsung Galaxy with Android, nor does Samsung really push the Android aspect in the advertising. They typically advertise cool features that differentiate them from others, or much Apple users. Tech people know what's going on, but the general consumer just wants an app store with the apps they want running on great hardware. I don't think HTC has the marketing power either. Google didn't make Motorola phones successful when they bought them, and they haven't made HTC devices successful, even though they are usually superior to Samsung in make and build too. Only your die hard Android fans would switch IMHO.

Agreed with most, but I still feel that the draw of Android is it's services. That's the only reason, IMHO, that Samsung uses it as its main OS over even it's own.

I think Samsung with BB10 Matt solve some problems, but will still have the ecosystems issue. Even WP8 is a better option on paper.
    07-26-14 12:37 PM
    So why is this thread not closed yet?
    Samsung already said they're not going to buy BlackBerry. Period.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 01:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    They haven't said anything in the last two years.
    07-26-14 01:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just consider this as another 10.3. Leak waiting room, but with another topic to kill time. Relax.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 02:46 PM
    Google didn't make Motorola phones successful when they bought them, and they haven't made HTC devices successful, even though they are usually superior to Samsung in make and build too. Only your die hard Android fans would switch IMHO.
    To Google's credit, LG has become a lot more popular smartphone brand since the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 handsets.
    07-26-14 04:07 PM
    Samsung killed knox?? I thought they made a deal with Google to include it in the next version of android ?? Why are people making things up??lol Samsung and Google provide more details on Knox contribution to Android L | ZDNet

Posted via CB10
    Right so Samsung killing Knox means it's will no be part of every Android devices feature set.

Open source and industry standard. Massive development to come for Knox.
    07-26-14 05:08 PM
    To Google's credit, LG has become a lot more popular smartphone brand since the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 handsets.
    I truly believe that another OEM (like LG) would step in happily.

HTC is rebounding, Sony is surging and even Moto could gain marketshare. Any of them could fill the void, IMHO.
    07-26-14 05:13 PM
190 ... 5678