08-05-14 10:19 AM
190 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I don't think this is more than rumor. But, mobile business is fast moving, things are changing dramatically, so Samsungs lack of interest for BBRY from beginning of 2014 could change after very dynamic 8 months of this year. Samsung - Google relations got worse, KNOX went south and Apple has allied with IBM.
    07-24-14 05:00 PM
    Hope not, BB10 would be finished.
    07-24-14 05:00 PM
    I'll rather have apple to buy it... I hate samsungs, and all their BS marketing and plastic overpriced phones
    And then you will have no BB phone.

Just buy an iPhone now if you want one.
    07-24-14 05:09 PM
    No, just no.

The Canadian government would not allow foreign acquisitions of any kind of BlackBerry. In it's perspective it has to be Canadian homegrown talent in Waterloo that has to thrive and Canadian products on the world stage. And BlackBerry is an epitome and star of Canadian technology in the smartphone age.

EVEN IF Samsung wanted a piece of BlackBerry, the Canadian government would have thought long and hard about letting Canadian tech innovations go. It's just not possible. Would South Korean government want Samsung's or any South Korean tech be bought out? Nada. Heck it doesn't even open it's markets to outsiders and rather prefers its own home manufacturers' products-- copied or not.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 05:12 PM
    And then you will have no BB phone.

Just buy an iPhone now if you want one.
    What makes you think that apple would kill BB and Samsung not? They are basicly the same evil companys, but in my opinion samsung is the worst...

I would have an Iphone if I wanted, isn't much difference of price to the Q10 that I have. I'll rather have a metal Q10 than a plastic Q10... I'll rather have good performance and crap specs, than good specs and crap performance, I'll rather have usefull features (like dual tone flash, finger print recognition), than useless features like (air gestures and group play and move pages with your eyes)

If there would be a decent physical keyboard from other brands, I would consider it, that's for sure. I'm with BB for the keyboard, not for the brand, BB just happens to be the only company that makes phones for my needs, wich are comunication and more comunication, not facebook, netflix or flappy bird
    07-24-14 05:18 PM
    Won't happen. So no sense posting anymore...
    07-24-14 05:19 PM
    What makes you think that apple would kill BB and Samsung not? They are basicly the same evil companys, but in my opinion samsung is the worst...

I would have an Iphone if I wanted, isn't much difference of price to the Q10 that I have. I'll rather have a metal Q10 than a plastic Q10... I'll rather have good performance and crap specs, than good specs and crap performance, I'll rather have usefull features (like dual tone flash, finger print recognition), than useless features like (air gestures and group play and move pages with your eyes)

If there would be a decent physical keyboard from other brands, I would consider it, that's for sure. I'm with BB for the keyboard, not for the brand, BB just happens to be the only company that makes phones for my needs, wich are comunication and more comunication, not facebook, netflix or flappy bird
    Apple does not need BB10. Samsung does.
    07-24-14 05:26 PM
    But BlackBerry doesn't need Samsung.

It's already got what it needs for a fertile future.

Posted via CB10
    ThunderShock2005 likes this.
    07-24-14 05:35 PM
    So an all plastic phone running BB10... No thanks...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Erm, all BB10 devices are plastic. More interesting, whole BBRY portfolio is more than 90% plastic phones, so real BBRY user should have no fear
    sentimentGX4 and JeepBB like this.
    07-24-14 05:37 PM
    The EU is reviewing Google's Android contracts with phone manufacturers. Who knows, maybe this barrier will not exist anymore.
    Google isn't obligated to open source Android. If EU rules against Google, Google could provide Android for free like Microsoft does Windows Phone but keep it closed source and still be within its right.

That's the worst case scenario and it would hurt BB10 more than help it. I don't see Google handing out Android to all its competitors for free to profit off of. That is a fantasy world.
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-24-14 05:38 PM
    Samsung need to break free of android... So either develop their own os as too many other androids out there now. they will no longer be the large screen king with iPhone and bb and htc all direct competitors by years end.

So partnering with a secure os that is now matured with a samsung skin overlay could be a very advantageous partnership if bb agree to not make full touch screen devices so the 2 would not be direct device competitors. Only really works now the bb10 can run android apps so really no reason for Samsung and bb not look at a way to work together against apple and windows-nokia

Doubt is a buy but more likely if any truth a partnership.
    07-24-14 05:42 PM
    OP
    That would explain why they got rid of Knox
    07-24-14 05:46 PM
    It's got to be Samsung that's driving the stock up. Tomorrow it'll be rumours that Google is looking at BlackBerry... it's mathematically impossible that BlackBerry could be the causal factor for THEIR own stock rising. "Sarcasm"

Posted using my amazing and intelligent Z10
    07-24-14 05:49 PM
    I don't think so. Samsung already has the Tizen OS. The real value of Blackberry for would be the same for Apple and Samsung, the only value they see in Blackberry is the MDM solutions, the BES12. Apple and Samsung are kicking *** in the consumer market, why change? but they are getting their asses kicked in the Enterprise, that's why they want Blackberry to get stronger in the MDM market.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-24-14 05:51 PM
    Samsung need to break free of android... So either develop their own os as too many other androids out there now. they will no longer be the large screen king with iPhone and bb and htc all direct competitors by years end.

So partnering with a secure os that is now matured with a samsung skin overlay could be a very advantageous partnership if bb agree to not make full touch screen devices so the 2 would not be direct device competitors. Only really works now the bb10 can run android apps so really no reason for Samsung and bb not look at a way to work together against apple and windows-nokia

Doubt is a buy but more likely if any truth a partnership.
    They already have Tizen, they don't want BB10, they want BES12 and ditch the Blackberry consumer segment. Samsung is the new Apple, Samsung and apple are big evil companies that don't want friends, they want total monopoly.
    07-24-14 05:54 PM
    Well I doubt it, but if it did happen I wonder how all the John Chen fanboys (myself included) would feel... For myself I would feel like an *****, thinking he was going to be the guy that saved BB, instead all along it was just building the trust back up so it could be sold and a few people could make a ton of cash. I really don't think this is the case but stranger things have happened.. As far as the Canadian government stopping the deal, even though Samsung is Korean, not Chinese, I believe the deal would face significant resistance by the Cdn Gov't.
    07-24-14 05:57 PM
    One thing I COULD see happening is Samsung taking a strategic stake in BB and the two announcing an alliance relating to enterprise.

THAT could be big.
    07-24-14 05:59 PM
    how can anyone buy anything that's NOT for sale??
    The stock market, my friend.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 06:08 PM
    As of two weeks ago I know that BlackBerry did not have a room set up for review of information etc. so the deal would be hostile.

I will check on Saturday again to see if this has changed.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 06:25 PM
    No comment.
    07-24-14 06:37 PM
    Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 06:41 PM
    I just cant believe how you guys react on a rumor.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    07-24-14 06:59 PM
    The stock was up today on the partnership between IBM and BlackBerry. BlackBerry is allowing IBM to sell BES 10 to its clients. It's a licensing deal.

Just a thought here, what if Samsung licensed BB10. Started a line of Samsung products with BB10, marketed the hell out of them and won BB10 a larger market share. BlackBerry could still sell hardware and developers would then start producing native apps for BB10. This would allow BlackBerry to concentrate on the enterprise market and Samsung to worry about the consumer market while moving away from Google.

Sounds like a sweet win win deal for all.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 07:04 PM
    Now that I thought about it.
    I would love Samsung to buy BlackBerry if Samsung spend more money into R&D for BB10 and ditch android.

or

Two division with BB10 and Android. Give people options.

Give the people what they want!
    07-24-14 07:06 PM
    Is the bear doing taichi?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 07:15 PM
190 ... 23456 ...