08-05-14 10:19 AM
190 12345 ...
tools
    Doubt it judging by previous comments coming out of Samsung. What would make more sense to everyone involved is a BlackBerry/Samsung alliance a la Apple/IBM, this would give Samsung a much bigger edge in Enterprise that BB could profit from while still maintaining their independence.
    I was thinking something similar, maybe a partnership with their Tizen branch, make Tizen products Blackberry compatible and open BES to Tizen products?
    07-24-14 03:02 PM
    For the 16 billions Facebook paid to buy WhatsApp, sir Chen might do it. Remember he said that

Please join my photography channel
    07-24-14 03:10 PM
    Samsung would have to scrap BB10. If they were going to buy it would have happened months ago when BB stock was low and Samsung high. They don't have the best synergy. IBM would have been better, their MDM barely registers so they could scrap that easily for BES12 and they could offer a wealth of cloud and other enterprises services as well as a substantial enterprise salesforce.
    BB10 would be precisely the reason for Samsung to be interested in BlackBerry. This has been obvious for some time with their wanting to wind down Android.

Tizen would just be renaming their cheap competitor problem.
    07-24-14 03:20 PM
    I think Apple would make the most sense. They both have closed ecosystems, Blackberry already knows how to secure their devices. Blackberry could completely own the business market. Imagine, an Apple phone running IOS, BB10 AND Android on one phone all secured separately. Why buy anything other than Apple? It's the best of all worlds. It's a US company so neither the Canadian nor US governments would balk and because BlackBerry has lost so much market share the competition bureau wouldn't care.
    Definitely not the best world.
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-24-14 03:23 PM
    Why would they buy them now as opposed to when the stock was $8???
    07-24-14 03:25 PM
    I'm pretty sure you'll see Oracle buy BlackBerry, both have complementary strengths, both strong in enterprise... i could see an equity buy from them or Microsoft

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 03:37 PM
    Anti-trust regulation!
    07-24-14 03:45 PM
    I'm pretty sure you'll see Oracle buy BlackBerry, both have complementary strengths, both strong in enterprise... i could see an equity buy from them or Microsoft

Posted via CB10
    Does not serve the needs of international customers nowadays, and an enterprise buyer focus does not serve the needs of consumers. Consumers are needed for a healthy device business, and no device business does not serve the needs of most of BB's enterprise customers. Consumers are not fans of getting their phones from Microsoft, either.
    07-24-14 03:52 PM
    BB10 would be precisely the reason for Samsung to be interested in BlackBerry. This has been obvious for some time with their wanting to wind down Android.

Tizen would just be renaming their cheap competitor problem.
    BB10 without runtime isn't as functional for most folks and Samsung isn't going to ditch Google all of a sudden, it would be a process of years. Knowing this Google has only begun making Android apps w/o Google services very unappealing.
    JeepBB and mornhavon like this.
    07-24-14 03:56 PM
    BlackBerry could just move out of Canada and then sell, we aren't talking about a mine. It's not like they own any property there anymore.....

If Chen explained that BES12 hasn't got a chance right now with Enterprise, that the Passport was just some engineering joke that went too far and the tool belt is a gimmick that nobody really believes is going to make a Q10 sell any better than it did 12 months ago.... he might be able to convince the government that a deal that requires Samsung to keep "something" in Canada is better than the options.

Pretty sure at this point most business and governments have plans in place if the worst happen to BlackBerry.

But it would be bad, Samsung migh build some really nice QWERTY BlackBerry devices, but they will be running Android with the Samsung UI on top. BB10 will die, QNX would get sold and CrackBerry merged with Android Central, and Kevin will come out of the closet as an official iGuy.
    gokulesh, m1kr0, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    07-24-14 03:58 PM
    Lmfao....this ain't happening.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 04:07 PM
    BB10 without runtime isn't very appealing and Samsung isn't going to ditch Google all of a sudden, it would be a process of years. Knowing this Google has only begun making Android apps w/o Google services very unappealing.
    They would not have to ditch the Android runtime immediately. If BB10 gets traction, expect native apps beyond Samsung exclusives. They can ditch it eventually.

I am not saying I would like it to happen, but it might be the candidate better serving the needs of all of BB's customers.

Tizen or other open source OS can help this process as a way to dilute Android, but it is not a solution to their cheap competitor problem.
    07-24-14 04:08 PM
    They would not have to ditch the Android runtime immediately. If BB10 gets traction, expect native apps beyond Samsung exclusives. They can ditch it eventually.

I am not saying I would like it to happen, but it might be the candidate better serving the needs of all of BB's customers.

Tizen or other open source OS can help this process as a way to dilute Android, but it is not a solution to their cheap competitor problem.
    Yes they would have to ditch it immediately. Samsung can't own a device that forks Android and still be part of Google's Open Handset Alliance and access the Playstore.
    07-24-14 04:16 PM
    Definitely not the best world.
    I keep thinking if BB10 could run Apple apps and Android apps that would fantastic. I may have been misleading in my wish. My wish is actually my Z30 had full access to the other 2 ecosystems. I can't stand the user experience on Apple the way that it is.
    07-24-14 04:19 PM
    Had the Samsung Moment, never again. Not even if they kept BB10, I would go elsewhere.
    NEVER buy a non flagship or upper mid-range Samsung device ever.
    Keep in mind that the Moment on Sprint was released with Android 1.6 and I think it was upgraded to Android 2.1. Android 2.1 had way too many animations which caused a crap ton of lag. Android was really bad until Gingerbread IMHO - the Nexus One/HTC Droid Incredible/OG Motorola Droid are the only pre-Gingerbread phones that weren't buggy IMHO.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-24-14 04:22 PM
    I call BS as well. This is not a price advantageous time to buy Blackberry.

So an all plastic phone running BB10... No thanks...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Well, at least the Samsung BB10 would have the latest CPU and camera and an incredible display... And it's not like the Z30's casing/frame is anything to write home about when comparing to HTC, Sony, and especially Apple.

Hardware isn't Blackberry's forte.
    07-24-14 04:25 PM
    Kevin...closet bwahahaha!!

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    07-24-14 04:28 PM
    I keep thinking if BB10 could run Apple apps and Android apps that would fantastic. I may have been misleading in my wish. My wish is actually my Z30 had full access to the other 2 ecosystems. I can't stand the user experience on Apple the way that it is.
    If Apple wanted to provide the BB10 experience or the ability to run Android apps they would just do it,
    they don't need to buy or integrate BB10.

Apple buying BB would be a loser proposition both for enterprise and consumer customers.
    07-24-14 04:29 PM
    Yes they would have to ditch it immediately. Samsung can't own a device that forks Android and still be part of Google's Open Handset Alliance and access the Playstore.
    The EU is reviewing Google's Android contracts with phone manufacturers. Who knows, maybe this barrier will not exist anymore.
    07-24-14 04:31 PM
    Apple phones are cheaply made in my opinion. Samsung a bit better. But BlackBerry has much better build quality and robustness.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 04:34 PM
    The EU is reviewing Google's Android contracts with phone manufacturers. Who knows, maybe this barrier will not exist anymore.
    Even in the most optimistic case that appeals process would take years. They are still going back and forth with Google and search.
    07-24-14 04:36 PM
    Apple phones are cheaply made in my opinion. Samsung a bit better. But BlackBerry has much better build quality and robustness.

Posted via CB10

Actually the iPhone 5 is very well built and very good quality. Samsung phones are plastic and feel cheap to me for the price you pay for them.

Blackberry devices have a nice solid feel to them, at least that's how I feel about them.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    07-24-14 04:39 PM
    BlackBerry could just move out of Canada and then sell, we aren't talking about a mine. It's not like they own any property there anymore.....

If Chen explained that BES12 hasn't got a chance right now with Enterprise, that the Passport was just some engineering joke that went too far and the tool belt is a gimmick that nobody really believes is going to make a Q10 sell any better than it did 12 months ago.... he might be able to convince the government that a deal that requires Samsung to keep "something" in Canada is better than the options.

Pretty sure at this point most business and governments have plans in place if the worst happen to BlackBerry.

But it would be bad, Samsung migh build some really nice QWERTY BlackBerry devices, but they will be running Android with the Samsung UI on top. BB10 will die, QNX would get sold and CrackBerry merged with Android Central, and Kevin will come out of the closet as an official iGuy.
    Depressing but probable. John Chen's reputation is being a turn around artist for struggling companies (of which BlackBerry is currently one). I won't be surprised if Chen ends up selling the company to Samsung for a healthy payout to himself and lands his next CEO gig on another ailing company. Crossing fingers here hoping that does not happen.
    07-24-14 04:50 PM
    I'll rather have apple to buy it... I hate samsungs, and all their BS marketing and plastic overpriced phones
    07-24-14 04:53 PM
    Many would wait to see a Samsung device running BB10. Just my opinion, but who knows.
    I reckon Samsung hardware would do extremely well running BB10 even with their bloatware. Android and bloat just don't gel, I learnt that when I got my Nexus 5, coming from an SGS3. I have friends/cousins/peeps, using HTC's and S5's, the performance of those phones remains laggy and heavy compared to a stock Android phone.

BB10 on a Sammy would just be smashing! Sammy hardware is always rock solid good!
    07-24-14 04:59 PM
190 12345 ...