08-05-14 11:19 AM
190 1234 ...
tools
    I would see them partnering with Microsoft before they do anything with samsung...

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    07-24-14 02:35 PM
    Lol. Stock hype.
    07-24-14 02:45 PM
    [Checking to see if "ClackBelly.com" domain name is available...]
    (Just kidding - I'm Asian so you can't accuse me of anything)
    gebco, JeepBB, SK122387 and 4 others like this.
    07-24-14 02:47 PM
    Just as the title says.......Rumours!!!
    07-24-14 02:49 PM
    Nope. Won't happen. A partnership maybe but not an acquisition.
    07-24-14 02:52 PM
    Well, Sammy is not going to buy BlackBerry. If it wants, it probably bought that when BlackBerry at $6.00. Samsung is bind with Google Android. The stock goes up today is something has to do with IBM/BlackBerry.
    07-24-14 02:53 PM
    touch-wiz on blackberry? NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    07-24-14 02:56 PM
    Lol. Stock hype.
    Being a shareholder, no complaints here

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 02:57 PM
    I think that BlackBerry is nearly unbuyable. BlackBerry's most valuable asset is the confidence in their safe and secure ecosystem. If lets say Google - famous for collecting all kind of data - would buy BlackBerry it would become worthless because the trust would be gone. Same for the most other big players. Just a few companys maybe could buy them without BlackBerry loosing this unique selling point. Im not sure who is in the same level of trust as BlackBerry and big enough to handle it? IBM? CISCO? Siemens? I don`t know
    Ivan Sokolov likes this.
    RUMOR: Samsung may purchase BlackBerry-onesimplybb10.jpg

Via Z10
    Many would wait to see a Samsung device running BB10. Just my opinion, but who knows.
    So an all plastic phone running BB10... No thanks...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-24-14 03:00 PM
    It wouldn't be blocked because south Korea is an allied nation with Canada.

The thing is I'm not sure how I'd feel about this. They could either kill BlackBerry 10 and put android on keyboard style devices. Or adopt BlackBerry 10 into galaxy devices.

I don't think either is happening since this rumour is most likely false.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 03:05 PM
    This is merely stupid speculation based on the premise that there is no way BlackBerry's stock could be evaluated and purchased on its own merits. Nope, must be another company who is obviously way better thinking about swooping in to save and scavenge.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 03:08 PM
    U.S. government has had allergic reactions to Chinese companies sourcing or investing in telecoms in the U.S. Canada has balked too at the same. I don't recall similar concerns about South Korean companies - Samsung seems to have traction with U.S. government outfits (even if just on a marginal basis), etc. So I think it's conceivable.
    07-24-14 03:11 PM
    Forget a buy out.... will not happen... election coming next year..... many still unhappy about china buying the largest oil company in the Nexxen deal... at that time the Harper governement went out of their way to assure Canadaians that there needed to be a benifit to the country before any more big buy outs... remember ... they nixed the multi billion Bilton potash deal even after all the guarantees to keep the operation in Canada...... Ottawa and Ontario consider BB as he linch pin of the tech sector.... Coming into an election year... the Harper governement is not going to want to make waves.....
    07-24-14 03:12 PM
    This would never happen. Palm, Motorola or Nokia would be more likely to be purchased before Blackberry would.
    21stNow and Witmen like this.
    07-24-14 03:13 PM
    Samsung would have to scrap BB10. If they were going to buy it would have happened months ago when BB stock was low and Samsung high. They don't have the best synergy. IBM would have been better, their MDM barely registers so they could scrap that easily for BES12 and they could offer a wealth of cloud and other enterprises services as well as a substantial enterprise salesforce.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-24-14 03:13 PM
    As previously said Samsung would only be interested in the Enterprise/Security side of things. BlackBerry as we know it wont be there and you certainly will never see another handset or BB10 OS.
    Take Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia, you will eventually see the handsets branded 'Nokia' phased out and it will just disappear into obscurity.
    Final thought though, money talks and everything has a price. Never say never.
    07-24-14 03:14 PM
    Wow that would be nuts. What will crackberrians do? Haha

Posted via CB10
    buy a stack of BBRY phones.. lol.. Samsung build quality sucks..
    07-24-14 03:22 PM
    how can anyone buy anything that's NOT for sale??
    Money talks, people mumble. Even if Chen makes an explicit statement that says that BlackBerry is not for sale, the right amount of money would make him consider a sale.

IP rights might also be on the shopping list but you can bet your collective shirts there is no wish to retain the hardware or BB10 OS components.

This would be extremely bad for BlackBerry as we know it now. The remaining product areas would almost certainly be seen as a threat diluting existing Samsung product lines, and would be firesaled or simply cancelled under the Not Invented Here rule.
    Samsung is known for having a screen size of every increment between five and 12 inches. As far as I can recall, Samsung hasn't had a high-end physical keyboard device since 2011. Maybe Samsung would consider returning to the physical keyboard market if they acquired BlackBerry.
    07-24-14 03:22 PM
    Canadian government won't allow it. It will be blocked just like they did for Lenovo.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Same to what they did to Verizon.
    07-24-14 03:26 PM
    Why would they buy them now as opposed to when the stock was $8???
    I suppose BlackBerry now Is just a bit more stable, like having someone running the show and knows what he want to do with the company , and making really good calls at the moment.

Posted from my powerful tool Z30.
    07-24-14 03:36 PM
    Why would they buy them now as opposed to when the stock was $8???
    $2 per share or $1B here or there doesn't make much of a difference to a company like Samsung when they are looking at a long term strategy. What may have changed is the Apple/IBM partnership. It could have both parties looking at ways to improve their enterprise strategy.
    07-24-14 03:42 PM
    how can anyone buy anything that's NOT for sale??
    Everything is for sale, heard Chen say himself in an interview if he got a message offering $100 dollars a share he'd definitely return the call
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-24-14 03:47 PM
    I think Apple would make the most sense. They both have closed ecosystems, Blackberry already knows how to secure their devices. Blackberry could completely own the business market. Imagine, an Apple phone running IOS, BB10 AND Android on one phone all secured separately. Why buy anything other than Apple? It's the best of all worlds. It's a US company so neither the Canadian nor US governments would balk and because BlackBerry has lost so much market share the competition bureau wouldn't care.
    07-24-14 03:47 PM
190 1234 ...