08-26-13 07:18 AM
89 1234
tools
    He's a fake. It was proven.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I know that, which is why I (tried to) make the title as descriptive as possible. It's not so much as to whether he's a fake or not as it is whether something big is in the works, regardless of whether this guy really knows or not. Because honestly, several of us here on CrackBerry have said that it might take something big to get the tech world's attention again.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    08-23-13 03:52 AM
    ...whether something big is in the works...
    How many times does "something big" need to be coming soon, only to fizzle out upon release, before people start to realize that "something big" that actually is something big isn't coming anytime soon. The new BlackBerry is no different than the old RIM, and times have not changed (at least not for the better).

Missed deadlines, lackluster product rollouts, absurd pricing, missing features, pathetic AppWorld offerings, borked app updates... the list goes on and on, and is a list that has been around for a long, long time. Now, in the midst of all of this typical mess, BlackBerry has effectively put itself up for sale. Analysts (for what they are worth) are expecting BlackBerry to be put through a chop shop to be gutted for IP only. Sad times, but surely not unexpected. Even with all the cheerleaders, there is a limited number of times BlackBerry (RIM) can fall down and fail before there are no more second chances.

More power to those that continue to pretend like nothing is wrong, that continue to get excited with these worthless "announcements"... I can remember the same things happening on webOS Nation (I think it was called Palm Central at the time). People refused to see the reality right in front of them, and Palm is all but a distant memory now.
    08-23-13 06:43 AM
    Thorsten hasn't decided what the meaning of "mobile computing platform" is yet. Expect an update by end of summer as BlackBerry prepares to leapfrog the competition with sixty-day release cycles in anticipation of the trend of toys not tools gains momentum, but oddly the definition of toy and tool has shifted ninety degrees whilst the Board of Directors was slapping itself on the back in a marijuana-fueled seance channelling Apple co-founder Steve Jobs around the time the company was almost bankrupt.
    Well, we could skip the seance.

JMO, If something wonderful/fantastic were really going to happen with BlackBerry, don't you think CrackBerry would be all over it - especially involving.....BlackBerry? If CrackBerry is all over it and posted information, then at least 300 - 400 members on here would have tweeted(twitted- whatever).....or started a thread similar to this one to announce it, again.
    08-23-13 07:52 AM
    Another shining example of the good-ol' Samsung 'zero-innovation copycat machine' at work... my wife's old Xperia Sola had this feature - "floating touch display" in Sony lingo - at least 18 months ago already: Floating touch
    I dont see anything wrong with improving old tech... but they didnt do that, that is the problem

They did apply for a patent on a key board that rises up out of the screen.

Also a renewable self generating power supply.
    Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    I think that last one could be a gold mine
    08-23-13 08:21 AM
    For some reason this guy reminds me of that stereotyped guy in the basement in that south park warcraft episode.
    08-23-13 09:12 AM
    Taken with a grain of salt. I don't mean to be a cynic and i'm normally a 'the glass is always half full' kinda guy but we've been promised things before that haven't necessarily come to fruition. We'll just sit back and see but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    h20work likes this.
    08-23-13 09:22 AM
    Someone didn't read any of the posts, hahaha. Tsk tsk
    I've read the original post, even the news comes from an unofficial twitter account wich is based on 'leaks', just the teasing makes it better for the ones who expect 10.2 update, I come on the forums from time to time, It's just interesting to see that someone tries to keep BlackBerry floating even with fake statements, let's be honest, they said 5 months ago 'official ooVoo' is coming soon to BB10, even the official promises are broken! So...

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 09:38 AM
    I've read the original post, even the news comes from an unofficial twitter account wich is based on 'leaks', just the teasing makes it better for the ones who expect 10.2 update, I come on the forums from time to time, It's just interesting to see that someone tries to keep BlackBerry floating even with fake statements, let's be honest, they said 5 months ago 'official ooVoo' is coming soon to BB10, even the official promises are broken! So...

Posted via CB10
    Haha, ok.. I just figured you were unaware of how bogus the source was/is
    CosbyOrsova likes this.
    08-23-13 09:41 AM
    Even if they do come out with a revolutionary new feature, they probably won't advertise it properly and no one will know about it
    kbz1960 and Rickroller like this.
    08-23-13 10:44 AM
    "We needs a revolutionary feature? That cracked me up and it served its purpose , its a joke and made me laugh!
    08-23-13 11:36 AM
    How many times does "something big" need to be coming soon, only to fizzle out upon release, before people start to realize that "something big" that actually is something big isn't coming anytime soon. The new BlackBerry is no different than the old RIM, and times have not changed (at least not for the better).
    Oh, I'm personally quite aware of the situation that BBRY finds itself in, and I'm not hanging onto loosely-held strings here, simply opening up a dialogue about what could be happening behind the scenes. Obviously quoting and addressing a tweet from the BlackBerry Leaks account has brought back a lot of memories/emotions for people so in hindsight that was probably not the best idea. But I did need some sort of basis for bringing it up, since I'm not in the business of starting rumors myself.

The well-informed here on CB can read the thread title, acknowledge where the information is coming from, and decide if they want to partake in the madness. For those uninformed about this Leaks guy, I'm sorry for not providing more detail about how sketchy he is.

Bottom line though, I'm a BlackBerry enthusiast, not a blind fanboy, so any discussion about improvements in the company are going to pique my interest. If they end up folding, I'll mourn for a bit, then move on likely to Android or Windows Phone (since Tizen seems to be canned now.) But, I personally don't see BlackBerry just ceasing to exist. They'll be around in some capacity even if it's purely service-based.

08-23-13 12:08 PM
    Is Blackberry "Leap Frogging" again?

I hope not.
    Rickroller likes this.
    08-23-13 12:18 PM
    Slider with windows phone 8 runtime!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 12:26 PM
    Revolutionary? With all due respect, BB can't get out of their own way yet. They have been unable to provide full functionality in the Android runtime, and most of what's missing isn't even in the timeline yet. Most of the core apps are still incomplete. Heck - we are 8 months post release, and they still have not figured out how to make the Z10 Charging Doc! They just announced they had to cheap out on the internal hardware of the Z10, so despite the timeline showing Miracast for 10 months, Miracast will not come to Z10......But they are going to release something "Revolutionary"? Yep - and I'm winning the award for the most bright, uplifiting positivity in the Northeast.
    08-23-13 12:35 PM
    They sound like the real blackberry "coming soon".

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    08-23-13 01:04 PM
    they said 5 months ago 'official ooVoo' is coming soon to BB10, even the official promises are broken! So...

Posted via CB10
    Totally forgot about this. Wonder if anyone has any word on the release of ooVoo
    08-23-13 01:28 PM
    I remember an interview with Thor where he mentions a device he's very excited about but can't talk about it. I hope it's something which catches the eyes and ears of the general public and not just us BlackBerry fans. Who knows...maybe this guys knows something we don't.
    "BB10 is coming to all playbooks,,, sales are great, it's our best launch ever..."
    Rickroller likes this.
    08-23-13 01:38 PM
    If they end up folding, I'll mourn for a bit, then move on likely to Android or Windows Phone (since Tizen seems to be canned now.) But, I personally don't see BlackBerry just ceasing to exist. They'll be around in some capacity even if it's purely service-based.
    I very much agree... I too don't believe that BlackBerry will vaporize. I do believe, however, that we are witnessing the transformation of BlackBerry from what it is now (something less than we had hoped it would be), to something far different and much more distant from the average consumer. I expect sooner, rather than later, that the BlackBerry handsets and operating systems will be a thing of the past (heck, they effectively are already as far as consumers are concerned), and BlackBerry will live on as a corporate-only service provider. They will withdraw from the consumer market (a market that they never really penetrated like they had hoped) and turn their focus to specific corporate markets (government, major enterprise, etc.) instead.

Sadly, I genuinely believe that the majority won't even notice when those sad, lonely BlackBerry displays in cellular stores are taken down, at least in the US.
    00stryder likes this.
    08-23-13 02:47 PM
    I very much agree... I too don't believe that BlackBerry will vaporize. I do believe, however, that we are witnessing the transformation of BlackBerry from what it is now (something less than we had hoped it would be), to something far different and much more distant from the average consumer. I expect sooner, rather than later, that the BlackBerry handsets and operating systems will be a thing of the past (heck, they effectively are already as far as consumers are concerned), and BlackBerry will live on as a corporate-only service provider. They will withdraw from the consumer market (a market that they never really penetrated like they had hoped) and turn their focus to specific corporate markets (government, major enterprise, etc.) instead.

Sadly, I genuinely believe that the majority won't even notice when those sad, lonely BlackBerry displays in cellular stores are taken down, at least in the US.
    Possible... they don't really have a lot of choices. But I'm not sure how you scale a company the size of BlackBerry down to a small niche player. It would be very expensive and difficlut to sclae back that far - you would have to get rid of a lot of people and get the management people you do have to take big pay cuts. And there would be no guarantee that they could even count on that market being profitable for very long. They just slashed prices for device licensing for BES10... can they afford those margins permanently? How will Samsung's Knox fit into the this market?

I'm sure there are a number of people wondering what BlackBerry is going to do, and are trying to figure out what they do in a worse case scenario. Unfortunately that works against BlackBerry trying to prevent the worse case scenario.
    08-23-13 03:01 PM
    In my opinion the only great feature, I can think of is a docking-station (wireless would be awesome) that turns BlackBerry 10 into a Desktop-like experience. Use your Mouse, Monitor, USB-Drives, Keyboard, Cardreader for getting things done at home, in your office,...

This could change the way we use our mobile phones...

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    08-23-13 03:43 PM
    In my opinion the only great feature, I can think of is a docking-station (wireless would be awesome) that turns BlackBerry 10 into a Desktop-like experience. Use your Mouse, Monitor, USB-Drives, Keyboard, Cardreader for getting things done at home, in your office,...

Posted via CB10
    I believe you're onto something there

Z10 via CB 10
    08-23-13 04:42 PM
    Disclaimer: Given the track record for this particular Twitter account, take this news with a massive grain of salt.

So anybody remember these guys (or was it one guy?) Anyway, just saw this on Twitter, dunno what to make of it. Sent a reply asking for more details but don't expect an answer.

Thoughts?

Attachment 194599

Revolutionary Feature: All Blackberry's will display "For Sale by Owner".
    08-23-13 04:46 PM
    hahaha love the Picard analogy ...
    08-23-13 04:57 PM
    Revolutionary Feature: All Blackberry's will display "For Sale by Owner".
    They'll dual boot into Ubuntu before that ever happens

Z10 via CB 10
    08-23-13 05:02 PM

But this has already been done before to some degree, so it would be far from revolutionary.

If BBRY really wanted to be into "mobile computing", one would think they would've at least added USB OTG with the Z10
    00stryder likes this.
    08-23-13 07:27 PM
89 1234