11-05-13 12:53 PM
97 1234
tools
    ARE YOU GUYS MAD?

Lenovo is a top notch company. I don't know what the hell you have been reading but ThinkPads are rock solid. I had a ThinkPad (I only sold it because I wanted a dedicated GFX card to game) and it one of the best mobile computing devices I've ever owned. When it comes to reliability and design, they really cant be beaten. Lenovo also provides timely updates and instead of bloatware provides very decent software to increase productivity. I was getting 25 hour battery life on a laptop which is like unheard of normally. I have also owned a Lenovo android tablet and the thing could standby for over 350+ hours and 20 hours of continuous use and didn't have a overly large battery. I'm sorry but Lenovo really knows how to optimize their **** and they are now the #1 PC seller and maker in the world cos of it.

Do you really think they'd jeopardize BlackBerry security? Are you aware that ThinkPads are used heavily in the business and government world and trusted? If Lenovo weren't to be trusted, there would already be scandals involving the ThinkPad series.

Good grief. Lenovo buying BlackBerry is probably the best thing that could happen to the company, ever.
    I think the difference is Lenovo doesn't own Windows or Android but they would own BB10 so they could add things in the OS.
    southlander likes this.
    11-03-13 07:42 PM
    [QUOTE=southlander;9471293]Well, I agree that on the hardware side, Chinese components are already in PCs, iPhones, and probably almost everything else. (or perhaps iPhones are only assembled in China?? Not sure on that...)

---iphones are ONLY assembled in China.. they were able to copy it that's why they were able to make a lot of fake iphones.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 08:09 PM
    Canadian Government will allow a sale to Lenovo. They already stated they will not interfere in any sale. This isn't Huawei.

Posted via CB10 from P'9982STK100-1/10.2.1.896
    11-03-13 08:14 PM
    For those who don't trust the Chinese government, I am with you.

Now, let's not fool ourselves, which government do you trust?

Think about it for a while.

Posted via CB10
    I am a self-governed individual, I trust myself
    11-03-13 08:16 PM
    I love Lenovo, but they're not a good fit for BlackBerry. I'm thinking it'll be Fairfax with lazardis and a few others. They'll make laz the ceo and fire Thor (we can only hope) lol

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 08:30 PM
    [QUOTE=five12eleven;9473620]
    Well, I agree that on the hardware side, Chinese components are already in PCs, iPhones, and probably almost everything else. (or perhaps iPhones are only assembled in China?? Not sure on that...)

---iphones are ONLY assembled in China.. they were able to copy it that's why they were able to make a lot of fake iphones.

Posted via CB10
    But then there's this:

Chinese companies move into supply chain for Apple components - FT.com
    11-03-13 08:30 PM
    Okay my friend from the Philippines just wrote to me to tell me that since they are one day ahead of us, he says that SAMSUNG bought BLACKBERRY, is this true, does anyone know or has heard the same? Can someone please tell me if is true.

Posted via CB10
    That's some funny sh!t right there.... thx!!!

from an australian Z10...
    richardat and cwalt2166 like this.
    11-03-13 10:50 PM
    That's some funny sh!t right there.... thx!!!

from an australian Z10...
    I too would like to hear more from the distant future.

The future Conan?
    anon(4077577) likes this.
    11-03-13 10:58 PM
    If Lenovo can keep BlackBerry alive then I'm all for it.
    11-03-13 11:00 PM
    And you trust the Americans?
    11-03-13 11:09 PM
    The media did this to BlackBerry. Apple will be next that they do this to.
    11-03-13 11:11 PM
    From tehnicle perspective lenovo offer will be by canadian goverment here is why:

Lenovo already took over IBM pc business well established due diligence
    As long as the West keeps control of OS rest is fine
    Hardware is useless without OS software including backdoor hardware chips
    Canadian gov will make sure that all OS development happens here in North america, rest including hardware, patents, will not matter
    NSA only cares of OS controls such fb, google, microsoft, apple.
    11-03-13 11:29 PM
    Hold on....were the heck do you want lenovo to find these 5 billions ?! are we talking about yens ? Even there, that is the actual value of lenovo themselves ! How can they buy a company that worth equally ?
    Okay, lets say they get the finance because they present their plan as a whole sale buyout followed by a sell in parts, the government of Canada will never let that deal happen . Cisco anyone ? Ho! Maybe you remember what happened with the sell of the TSX?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 11:55 PM
    Sick Lenovo!!!! Love their computers... super quality hardware. Suits BB very well.
    11-04-13 02:15 AM
    ARE YOU GUYS MAD?

Lenovo is a top notch company. I don't know what the hell you have been reading but ThinkPads are rock solid. I had a ThinkPad (I only sold it because I wanted a dedicated GFX card to game) and it one of the best mobile computing devices I've ever owned. When it comes to reliability and design, they really cant be beaten. Lenovo also provides timely updates and instead of bloatware provides very decent software to increase productivity. I was getting 25 hour battery life on a laptop which is like unheard of normally. I have also owned a Lenovo android tablet and the thing could standby for over 350+ hours and 20 hours of continuous use and didn't have a overly large battery. I'm sorry but Lenovo really knows how to optimize their **** and they are now the #1 PC seller and maker in the world cos of it.

Do you really think they'd jeopardize BlackBerry security? Are you aware that ThinkPads are used heavily in the business and government world and trusted? If Lenovo weren't to be trusted, there would already be scandals involving the ThinkPad series.

Good grief. Lenovo buying BlackBerry is probably the best thing that could happen to the company, ever.
    Oh so wrong. You need to travel to China and see how they make this crap, how badly they treat their workers and how polluted it is.

Why not move there if you think that what they do is so great.

My relationship with BlackBerry will end the day a Red China pawn buys BlackBerry. Period.

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    saxxman and dalight13 like this.
    11-04-13 02:37 AM
    Hold on....were the heck do you want lenovo to find these 5 billions ?! are we talking about yens ? Even there, that is the actual value of lenovo themselves ! How can they buy a company that worth equally ?
    Okay, lets say they get the finance because they present their plan as a whole sale buyout followed by a sell in parts, the government of Canada will never let that deal happen . Cisco anyone ? Ho! Maybe you remember what happened with the sell of the TSX?

Posted via CB10
    They will get the cash they need from their government. Just like they get subsides from them now.

Folks need to wise up and stop living in the Walmart cave.

11-04-13 02:42 AM
    BTW. Their products are not allowed in our company due to security risks. Period.

11-04-13 02:43 AM
    I'm always amused that anyone actually thinks which corporation or government the hardware comes from makes much of a difference. The world is all interconnected and so is your data and governments have hackers. Some hackers are against their governments. If you are that worried and get up to that much mischief that you care what data is held upon you, you would ditch all hardware and live out in on an island in the middle of nowhere, raising animals for food and growing your own crops.

Rumor: Lenovo will offer  Billion for BlackBerry-universe.jpg

Back on point, Lenovo make good products. They are rock solid. They are used in many companies and also by security companies, so just because one CIO says no, the next says it's fine. Lenovo and BlackBerry could work very well. If they left the development team as it was now and just gave additional funding, amazing things would happen. I once worked for a UK corporate firm that was bought by an American corporate. It took 4 years before the red tape came in and ruined the company and what took us 15 minutes started taking 6 weeks (no word of a lie). It just shows that a buy at the beginning can take a long time before the company is influenced by anything or merged in, but it would bring stability.
    Tinomane and BerryWizard like this.
    11-04-13 03:34 AM
    Canadian Government will allow a sale to Lenovo. They already stated they will not interfere in any sale. This isn't Huawei.
    They stated that sometime ago but I believe that position has changed. No way under the planet would a sale to a Chinese company not come under Federal review, for obvous reasons.
    11-04-13 08:37 AM
    They will get the cash they need from their government. Just like they get subsides from them now.

Folks need to wise up and stop living in the Walmart cave.
    Walmart cave? That's new - lol. Tent, maybe?
    11-04-13 08:39 AM
    I really wish I had 5 billion to front over to Blackberry. I really like the company and product!!!
    11-04-13 09:23 AM
    Lenovo could be a great chance for BlackBerry, they have great products and maybe they are interested in a alternative OS, Look at their new product: Review: Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 - Engadget German , it'a realy an Innovation, but the wrong OS. It's like the Playbook should be.

Posted via CB10

Wrong OS, riiiiight...let's substitute for one with a ****-poor ecosystem
    11-04-13 09:26 AM
    The Feds will block any deal with any company outside North America

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    11-04-13 09:28 AM
    Walmart cave? That's new - lol. Tent, maybe?
    Maybe he wanted to say "Igloo" :P
    11-04-13 09:32 AM
    Maybe he wanted to say "Igloo" :P
    The "GREAT WALL" mart.

11-04-13 09:39 AM
97 1234