09-23-13 03:07 PM
241 123 ...
tools
    I have been hearing from multiple people that the whole project/service has been canceled. It wont be released at all BlackBerry determined it was not able to maintain its servers or provide the service with the most recent round of layoffs and restructuring.

BlackBerry is stalling until the PR is written. This makes sense considering the lack of communication from anyone at BB.

On a side note, its a really good time for Android and Iphone users to look at a service call Message Me. Its not on BB or Windows Phone yet but its up and coming that uses a similar PIN system that BB uses.

Please see this post from Alex Kinsella, a BBRY VP.......

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ml#post9222850
    Last edited by pkcable; 09-23-13 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Adding Link to Alex Kinsella answer (It's a false rumor)
    nico2004 and hamletz90 like this.
    09-23-13 08:01 AM
    Not cancelled, postponed.
    09-23-13 08:04 AM
    Postponed indefinitely
    09-23-13 08:06 AM
    Its not cancelled at all its just postponed.

Hence why bbm on iOS still works

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-23-13 08:11 AM
    Postponed indefinitely
    Indefinitely implies an unspecified amount of time. It could be 10 minutes or 10 years. Which of course is also the implication from the word postponed.
    gulfu and FastLane228 like this.
    09-23-13 08:12 AM
    Indefinitely implies an unspecified amount of time. It could be 10 minutes or 10 years. Which of course is also the implication from the word postponed.
    It also is used when something is not going to be released anytime soon. Its a way of saying, it's still possible but not very likely it will happen.

20+ hours between any updates. And the updates they have provided have been rehashing of old information.

Don't hold your breath for a release
    boi2012 likes this.
    09-23-13 08:22 AM
    Just when you thought, how can anyone outdo blackberry at this stage? Bam. It outdoes itself
    09-23-13 08:24 AM
    BlackBerry is a shinning example of how not to run a company. Great for business majors as a case study.
    09-23-13 08:26 AM
    If it really did get cancelled, I'm just about ready to give up all hope in seeing this company succeed..

Although I highly doubt it!
    09-23-13 08:27 AM
    Just when you thought, how can anyone outdo blackberry at this stage? Bam. It outdoes itself
    Lol! They should make a really dark sitcom about BBRY. Like the main character is some middle manager, and every week the CEO comes up with yet another zany scheme to save the company. Hilarity ensues as the unbelievably incompetent staff manage to **** up yet another market shattering idea!

I'm thinking The Office meets Yes, Prime Minister...
    09-23-13 08:29 AM
    If it really did get cancelled, I'm just about ready to give up all hope in seeing this company succeed..

Although I highly doubt it!
    We will see...

OP claims he has some new information/sources... If you look at his posting history he has been right before.

But we'll see...
    Alphax45 and hamletz90 like this.
    09-23-13 08:33 AM
    OP if you're correct, then I'm done.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    hamletz90 likes this.
    09-23-13 08:35 AM
    We will see...

OP claims he has some new information/sources... If you look at his posting history he has been right before.

But we'll see...
    Jokes aside, I truly hope not.
    09-23-13 08:36 AM
    I don't think that text messaging is that high load on servers.
    Voice and video may be under question.
    09-23-13 08:36 AM
    I can confirm that I have also heard, from the people I look to as "reliable sources" that Cross Platform BBM has infact been cancelled. We will possibly see another silent/botched launch, after which we will be told that the company is in "transition" and that the new team looking over BBM is working to bring us a "better than ever" experience.

Please see my post history for when the same sources told me that cross-platform BBM will fail because it will refuse to talk to Blackberry devices - which is exactly the reason it was pulled, NOT because a beta version was downloaded by people and the "servers couldn't handle it".. jeez.
    09-23-13 08:38 AM
    I have been hearing from multiple people that the whole project/service has been canceled. It wont be released at all BlackBerry determined it was not able to maintain its servers or provide the service with the most recent round of layoffs and restructuring.

BlackBerry is stalling until the PR is written. This makes sense considering the lack of communication from anyone at BB.

On a side note, its a really good time for Android and Iphone users to look at a service call Message Me. Its not on BB or Windows Phone yet but its up and coming that uses a similar PIN system that BB uses.
    I have heard from multiple people that you don't have a clue.
    09-23-13 08:40 AM
    I can confirm that I have also heard, from the people I look to as "reliable sources" that Cross Platform BBM has infact been cancelled. We will possibly see another silent/botched launch, after which we will be told that the company is in "transition" and that the new team looking over BBM is working to bring us a "better than ever" experience.

Please see my post history for when the same sources told me that cross-platform BBM will fail because it will refuse to talk to Blackberry devices - which is exactly the reason it was pulled, NOT because a beta version was downloaded by people and the "servers couldn't handle it".. jeez.
    Oh man. I remember that thread.

Darn.
    09-23-13 08:42 AM
    stop making lies up!! and go play in ya front garden in stead of spreading rumors because the attention ain't on you your and attention seeker and nothing else get gone and stop making lies up even blackberry are laffing at you!!!
    uzmarvel and damien kupuku like this.
    09-23-13 08:43 AM
    If Blackberry is abandoning the consumer space, on the surface, cancelling BBM cross platform makes sense, and it would be consistent with Blackberry's surprise abandonment of the Playbook, however, BBM cross platform is essential for BES10 unified messaging so I believe it will proceed in some form, likely as an enterprise software download not immediately available to consumers. If so, the media jackals and hyenas and Blackberry trolls will have a field day.
    09-23-13 08:43 AM
    BB comes out with a press release and say they are working to get it fixed, and op is saying it's cancelled ?
    09-23-13 08:48 AM
    I have heard from multiple people that you don't have a clue.
    SSHHH! The grow ups are talking!

Hard talk: you did indeed post about this back in August, if not before... Do you know the technical reason why BB BBM isn't able to communicate with cross platform BBM?

If this is really true, BBM wouldn't be a real cross platform messenging app, and it would make sense to cancel it I guess... Too bad, I was kinda excited...
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-23-13 08:49 AM
    Doesn't make any sense why this would be the case. BBM is one of the few things they can monetize and get some value from
    schmeat likes this.
    09-23-13 08:50 AM
    BB comes out with a press release and say they are working to get it fixed, and op is saying it's cancelled ?
    BB came out with a brief release telling people to hold on... Two people are now saying, that according to their sources BB is planning to cancel it, and will announce the cancellation at a later point.

For what it's worth, those two posters have previously been correct in their posts about the releasedate of BBM, and such.

We will see what will happen in the next couple of days...
    09-23-13 08:51 AM
    How can little start up a like whatsapp and line be able to support chat server loads, and BlackBerry cannot??

Can't they just lease server space from any of the server farm providers (Google, Amazon?)

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:53 AM
    Whether you believe me or not, I honestly don't care. (no offense). Look at this whole situation from your own pair of eyes. It has been over 20 hours since the last official update. And the update prior to that was over 24 hours. There has been no new information since the original launch date, which failed miserably.

BBM4ALL was a hail mary pass that just fell short.
    09-23-13 08:53 AM
241 123 ...