01-21-15 02:26 PM
189 12345 ...
tools
    2 years is a pretty good run at getting software updates.
    I'd rather updates that run smoothly than something laggy (iOS5+ on my old 3GS)
    If the hardware can't handle it then it makes sense.
    06-14-14 03:09 AM
    Baseless speculation, baseless rumours, where is the proof?!? If there is no proof, then BANG!! It's bunk, busted, squashed. Plus if it didn't come from Chen, it's bogus.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-14-14 04:02 AM
    But while the Z10 is over a year old... it is still in the line up with no replacement in sight. So if it is still the full touch screen device option when BES12 drops. You can bet that those enterprise customers will be expecting them to be fully supported... including updates.

Posted via Android CrackBerry App
    this.

especially since the Z30 AND Z3 were included on the list.. i'm pretty sure either the Z30 or Z3 lte would be the go-to's for BES12, so like u said they will have to support that if they are realistic about focusing on enterprise...

also, how are those "first gen" devices, especially the Z3 which JUST came out? over a year after Z10 and 3 major OS revisions later.. unless they just mean 32-bit...

I could see this being true moreso with the Z10, Q10 and Q5- the real first gen devices, but I think the rest will be supported longer than Q3 2015, prob into mid 2016...

and I like how he didn't have/want to say anything about what's in it, but had a "firm" release date? ehhh, this is BlackBerry remember?... we don't even know for sure when 10.3, let alone 10.3.1 is dropping...
    06-14-14 04:57 AM
    plz stop spreading rumors, thanks
    Rumours are (in this case) the truth cause its a natural selection... The technical progress speeds up more and more and the change of so called generations was in former times around 10 and more years, but now an alternation of generations needs only a little bit more than one year. That means that hardware becomes faster and faster outdated and lost its capability for upgrades. Remember the developments in PC, have a look to OS 4, to OS 6, to OS7 and now OS10... All these devices of its own generations werent able to adopt the following OS cause of hardware limitations. Even the PlayBook wasnt able to perform the current OS10!
    Its only a question of one or max. two years when your "new" device comes to the end of possibilities... Thats the way two things work: engineering progress and consumer stress by this kind of ecomomic system. All this devices are created to become replaceable!
    You will be able to uphold your 10.3. and 10.4. device when 10.5 or OS11 appears, but to take part of the tec progress you will be forced to purchase a new hardware... for around one or two years! Again and again.... :-) The OS 10 is now (circa) one year old (on market)... The countdown has half-time... :-) You dont need "rumours" to calculate this regularities of business cycle...
    06-14-14 06:53 AM
    My iPod Touch 4 did not get iOS7, but still get v6 updates. You can't support hardware indefinitely, especially when part of your business is phones. Luckily they haven't sold many of the devices that you mention, so the pool of affected people will be small.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    06-14-14 07:15 AM
    My iPod Touch 4 did not get iOS7, but still get v6 updates. You can't support hardware indefinitely, especially when part of your business is phones. Luckily they haven't sold many of the devices that you mention, so the pool of affected people will be small.

Smaller or larger than the pb sales?
    06-14-14 08:50 AM
    I agree, stop posting rumors in the rumors section of this forum people!

no fighting in the war room!!!!
    Troy Tiscareno and grover5 like this.
    06-14-14 09:03 AM
    Not only that, but the 4s doesn't even run ios7 good

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does. The iphone 4 doesn't !

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 10:36 AM
    Recall that BB10 is already the only major consumer OS requiring 2 GB RAM and BB10 has not had a major update since its launch.
    The Z3 has 1.5 GB of RAM and there have been several pretty big updates of Blackberry OS since its launch.
    06-14-14 10:54 AM
    My iPod Touch 4 did not get iOS7, but still get v6 updates. You can't support hardware indefinitely
    That's a great example of a device that didn't work well when upgraded. Half the ram of the iPhones, it's really easy to get it to slow to a crawl if you forget to close apps that are suspended in the background.
    06-14-14 10:56 AM
    I am sorry I strongly disagree. If they can't support the devices they should simply stop making newer devices and QUIT. Enough experimenting with loyal customers.
    They do have to cut the cord at some point, but I'd love it if they got to a path where they were consistent with what got upgraded and what didn't. I get that there are sometimes technical limits that they can't get around or business reasons, but I'd love a common policy like "buy a device, upgrades for 2 years or two major versions" or something like that.

BlackBerry has not been consistent about upgrades the last few years. My 9700 was upgraded to OS 6 (awesome); but none of the BlackBerry 6 devices got BlackBerry 7 (no GPU), none of the BlackBerry 7 devices got BlackBerry 10 (storage; no dual core processors); the PlayBook didn't get BlackBerry 10 (not enough sold; still in use to warrant massive dev effort in their eyes).

Hope they just keep it simple ... buy a device, upgrades for the next 18-24 months. Apple is really good about upgrades, the other manufacturers can be like BlackBerry where you never quite know if you are or aren't going to get an upgrade.

And absolutely *NO PROMISING* an upgrade if you can't deliver it. Sebastian Marineau and Dan Dodge needed an arse kicking for "forgetting" to design and architect the OS to work reasonably on a 1GB device. Not only did this anger BlackBerry users, it added a bunch of unneeded costs to BlackBerry's bottom line. They probably could have saved a hundred million dollars had all those Q10, Q5, Z10 and Z30 devices been able to ship with 1 GB of RAM instead of 2 GB.
    arvind1983 likes this.
    06-14-14 11:00 AM
    Not only that, but the 4s doesn't even run ios7 good
    I was running 4S in my last company and I didn't have an issue with it, really. An old GF had the 4 and she was having more slowness and glitchniness than me though.
    06-14-14 11:05 AM
    It is possible. (shocker)

Look at it this way... We will still receive maintenance updates though, but will miss out on computationally intensive features. You want evidence? BB OS 7.. even BB OS 5 still receives maintenance updates.

This thread has reached its shelf life.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-14-14 11:15 AM
    I don't see any proof!! By the time if it were true, it would be too late for BB. BB develops at a pace that is slower then it's competitor's, and releases almost outdated hardware. Yeah they can create something that runs on little or nothing, but they need to hit the time trials and get a good pole position for a change! Dead last in the poles brings little advancement to make it to the front. Chen has been proving to be a good driver for the company, he needs to move out front and quit letting the company just draft behind the competitor's. I really enjoy my Z30, but hope for a strong competitor in the near future, and I mean STRONG! INMHO!
    06-14-14 11:48 AM
    I don't think this is that crazy. This happens in the mobile world. Apple cones out with a new phone and OS per year.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 12:08 PM
    If 10.4 come out after February that means the Z10 was supported for more than 2 years... for a new phone with a new OS, coming from a 'bankrupt/failing' company I think that is sufficient.

It will be a lot closer to 2.5 years, meaning everyone with a Z10 will be nearing the end of the 3 year contract and done two year terms. I don't see a problem with this. I know other companies support their older devices, but they do half asked jobs, so what's the difference?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 12:34 PM
    Smaller or larger than the pb sales?
    You can say the P word here! [Sarcasm]BlackBerry delivered every thing they promised with the P[/Sarcasm]

BlackBerry didn't support that product from day one IMHO. I paid a lit if money to Alpha test QNX in a mobile device for them. My Z10 was beta at delivery but is now a GA grade product.

06-14-14 12:39 PM
    When is the next OS update scheduled for P9981 and P9982 ?
    06-14-14 03:51 PM
    When is the next OS update scheduled for P9981 and P9982 ?
    They should be updated when the rest are updated.

Posted via my BeastBerry Z30
    06-14-14 04:10 PM
    I think it's funny, a lot of the same people that are here complaining that BlackBerry may not support the present Z and Q phones were also complaining that BlackBerry should have cut support for the legacy devices to force people to buy the new products.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry_Boss likes this.
    06-14-14 04:45 PM
    I think it's funny, a lot of the same people that are here complaining that BlackBerry may not support the present Z and Q phones were also complaining that BlackBerry should have cut support for the legacy devices to force people to buy the new products.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully they can get 80% adoption of the classic. If 80% of those on BBOS get on BB10 with the classic and the Z3 then BlackBerry is good. I think for them to do this is that they need to include a lot of the old features that made people love BlackBerry. They need to bring them but bigger and better.

06-14-14 05:01 PM
    OS 10 is the next gen platform for BlackBerry, where OS 4, 5, 6, 7, wasn't designed to last that long. OS 10 is the OS for the next 10 years.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 05:03 PM
    It's a rumor for now but I suspect this is true. The company is going to want you to upgrade your phone from that dual core phone to something more advanced. It's just common sense.

The concept of common sense is a long-standing term, based on human experience and people's individual perceptions. Thus, common sense is different from person to person ? common sense is not common.

Thus, when discussing issues, don't consider your position, or the position that you agree with, or even a position that has consensus, to be "common sense," because it's nothing more than your perception. Your idea of "common sense" is likely to contradict someone else's idea of "common sense."

Instead of relying on "common sense" to make decisions, you should instead rely on building consensus for your position and perception, and work with other people to reach a conclusion most people can accept. By assuming your position is "common sense" and acting upon it, all you're doing is insulting the people who disagree with you.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    06-14-14 05:10 PM
    The concept of common sense is a long-standing term, based on human experience and people's individual perceptions. Thus, common sense is different from person to person ? common sense is not common.

Thus, when discussing issues, don't consider your position, or the position that you agree with, or even a position that has consensus, to be "common sense," because it's nothing more than your perception. Your idea of "common sense" is likely to contradict someone else's idea of "common sense."

Instead of relying on "common sense" to make decisions, you should instead rely on building consensus for your position and perception, and work with other people to reach a conclusion most people can accept. By assuming your position is "common sense" and acting upon it, all you're doing is insulting the people who disagree with you.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    Wow. That was a lot of who shot John.

You wrote a lot without really saying much.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-14-14 05:23 PM
    Wow at least there are rumors of 10.4+ OS and great new devices, months ago the rumor was BlackBerry was going out of business. Future is getting out of the fog.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.2.1.3175/3140
    06-14-14 05:38 PM
189 12345 ...